My apologies to the manager and his wonderful staff I promised to write a review when we returned from our week's stay in May 2011(!!) but have only just realised I never posted.
This hotel is wonderful. Beautiful location above a bay where you wake up to see a different cruise liner almost every morning. Fabulous views and wonderful rooms - we were upgraded to a superb room left end (as you look at the sea) of the original old building and it could only be described as sumptuous.
Be careful on room location though if facing the road down to town it is quite busy.
The food here is superb sadly the Victoria restaurant was still being refurbished when we were there, which surprised me as that project started the previous winter. Would have liked to have dined there for the experience and view but another time.
15 minutes at most down into town and a 20 minute stroll back up. Dubrovnik we waited a long time to visit and were not disappointed it is simply enchanting and at night in the town it is quite magical - especially when all the tourists have gleft to go back to their cruise ships.
So many wonderful restaurants. We don't eat Indian and were luckty not to be pout off the Taj Mahal which is one of the best meat restaurants we have ever eaten in. And next door, name escapes but may be Lanterna(?) is an outstanding fish restaurant. Surf and turf right next door to each other.
Hotel Argentina absolutely superb. But not for kids if you have them
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik