We had delivered Aid during the war and wanted to return to Croatia to see it in peacetime . The hotel appeared to suit our style being well positioned and with good facilities . It is perfectley sited , only a short walk to the Old Town and with stunning views from the public areas and pleasant gardens . An oddity is that it is built upside down as it is on a cliff . For example , we were on the 6th. floor which is at ground level with the rest of the hotel below . The views from the terrace and restaurant are perfect, overlooking the sea, Dubrovnik , the island opposite and the cruise ships which come and go .
Our room was well appointed in classic style but being on a corner had only a part side sea view and was very gloomy . Being close to the road the traffic noise kept us awake late and woke us up early ! Also , when the weather cooled there was no heating which made it uncomfortable at times .
The indoor pool is quite small and was cold . So much so that we only were able to use it twice .
The breakfast served in the Terrace restaurant which opens on to the terrace was extensive but some of the hot food was not . The restaurants were pricey but there are so many good places to eat elsewhere we ate out .
The location is very convenient for the Old Town and the setting perfect . The staff were very courteous and helpful with excellent English which was a great advantage .
Overall this is a good hotel in a beautiful location although it does not match other 5* hotels in which we have stayed . It probably rates a high 4* but I woud recommend it for a stay in Dubrovnik .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik