Trying to find a hotel in Dubrovnik from Trip Advisor can be a little confusing because there are 2 very different parts. Some hotels are in Lapad, a resort a few miles from the old city. Others, including the GVA are very close to the old city which is easier if you don’t have a car. This is a brilliant hotel less than 10 minutes walk away. There seem to be several parts – there is the Villa Glavic across the road (cheaper) and there appears to be another annexe a little away from the town. However the main building is fabulous. Entering from the street you come into reception which, due to the cliff top situation, is confusingly on the 6th floor. The public rooms are elegant and the bedrooms spacious and light with magnificent views.
The restaurant has a large sheltered terrace, perfect for enjoying an excellent buffet breakfast looking out onto the sea and across to the town. We had dinner there once which was also good though unfortunately the restaurant was rather empty. Helpful and pleasant staff. Indoor and outdoor (sea water) swimming pool and free wi-fi. Seek out the poolside bar half way down the cliff with a great outlook. We thought £200 per couple per night for b.& b. was excellent value. We couldn’t fault it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Splitty, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik