Grand Villa Argentina is an great hotel. The location and view are simply stunning, you just can't beat it in Dubrovnik.
It's about 10 minute down-hill walk to the old town. On a hot summer day the walk back can be exhausting, but it's easy to get a taxi if you don't want to walk.
The pool area is right down on the water with views of the old town and is one of the only hotels where you can swim in the ocean. The nearby beach club is nothing compared to Grand Villa Argentina.
The hotel needs some updating but the outside areas more than make-up for what the interior is lacking.
The hotel is divided by a road. We stayed on the other side of the road and the rooms are not great and pretty dark, but you don't spend much time there anyway so it wasn't a big issue. The bathroom had been renovated.
The service is extremely poor which is a shame for such a beautiful hotel. Staff don't say anything to you and they aren't terribly helpful but if you can get by that then this is a fantastic hotel.
Even with the poor service, I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik