We've just returned from a week's holiday with our twin toddlers and spent the whole time wishing we'd come earlier during life before children as it would have been perfect. The setting is stunning. It's a grand, eclectic building, cascading down into the sea,
The rooms are nice enough. Not five star flash but definitely fine. There was a problem with the bathroom smelling of raw sewage though, which I think was due to the rain.
We ate at the Caravalle restaurant every night where the food was excellent. At the beach restaurant it's another story. We ordered the sea food pasta on the first day and it was basically sea food dumped in a load of cream. No herbs, no seasoning even. Just bland, lazy and amateur and definitely nothing to do with Thierry who oversees the cooking at the Caravelle and the Victoria restaurant which which was excellent.
Another good thing about this place is the staff. There are a reviews on here that suggest the staff are unfriendly. What I like about this hotel and in Croatia in general is that the service isn't false and overly gushing as you'd find in countries such as the US. I thought the staff were really kind and helpful without being obsequious.
This place is perfect for people travelling without kids. Which is just my kind of hotel except I'd brought my twin toddlers. Whilst the staff went out of their way to accommodate our toddlers it's not ideal for young kids. The pool area is too dangerous as the edge of the pool is a sheer drop into the sea. The terrace has gaps under the fencing with sheer drops underneath. The windows in the rooms start at floor level have railings wide enough for little people to slip through. This hotel was a bit of a death trap for toddlers which is may be a good thing as it's all the better for being peaceful and child free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik