My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. We were supposed to stay here for only one night and then move to the Hilton, but we loved it so much that we cancelled our reservation at the Hilton (even lost one night there) and decided to stay here.
Yes, the rooms are a bit outdated and the shower not very efficient, but you should stay here for the overall experience. You wake up with view of the Adriatic sea next to you, spend the day by the pool and sea while it's scorching hot in the Old Town, and then head for a walk in town in the earky evening. It'll be a wonderful relaxing vacation.
We stayed in 3 different rooms, the corner suite in the 7th floor which was amazing, a superior seaview room also in the 7th floor which was also lovely, and a room in one of the villas across the street which was a bit stuffy. I'd recommend you stay in the main building. We got a great deal through jetsetter.com.
The grounds are beautiful, the property is just lovely. People seem to complain about the steps, but we didn't think it was bad at all.
The location is great as it's only a 10 minute-walk to town. It's a really easy walk downhill. On our way back from the Old Town, we 'd take a cab since we'd feel lazy after dinner. The cabs were 50 kuna, about $9 usd.
The service was wonderful, especially from Robert at the front desk (he truly was wonderful), and from the concierge desk. Book your tours with them, very professional. They all seem to truly care about their guests.
The included breakfast was plentiful and of good quality. You eat while looking at the adriatic sea and Dubrovnik.
A wonderful vacation in all sense of the word.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik