We've stayed at "Grand Villa Argentina" for 3 nights and I wouldn't do that mistake a second time.
The main building is a Soviet style complex which got some upgrade years back. It's a hotel for older American tourists, not for somebody who looks for style or luxury. Yes, the view is stunning - but at the rack rate (which I didn't pay) you would expect much, much more.
We had a standard room which is a bit small and without any style. Especially the bathroom is terrible, old - with one of this wall-fixed hair dryers you know from cheap Motels.
Service? Forget about it. There's no real help when you ask for restaurants etc.
The pool area offers a wonderful view - unfortunatelly the pool staff doesn't clean up (empty plastic glasses laying around). When you want something to drink you've to be luck when the staff shows up. Normally the !!! 3 !!! guys are sitting together, smoking, chatting - and don't care about the customers.
When you get a very good rate (below € 150/night) the hotel is okay. But when you pay more you'll be very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik