After debating which hotel in Dubrovnik to stay at for some time, we decided on the Grand Hotel Dubrovnik and were thoroughly pleased with our choice. We stayed here for 4 nights in room 616, a large room in the old part of the hotel with a sea view and a small balcony with views overlooking Lokrum Island. There was a large bed, good quality furniture, lots of space and a good quality en-suite. This room was almost on a level with reception, where there was a large lounge and bar area.
Breakfast was served on the floor below. It was a buffet service and had a good selection of hot items and the usual breads, croissants, cheeses and meat selections.
This was also the restaurant in the evening. There was a good menu serving food with an international style but with a Croatian influence.
The hotel had extensive grounds and gardens with lots of seating areas and a pool and sun-loungers at the bottom level. Views to Dubrovnik harbour and the Island of Lokrum were splendid.
The hotel was well situated for the short walk into the old town of Dubrovnik, with wonderful views of the harbour area as you walk down - much superior to any approach from the other side via the Pile Gate.
A top quality hotel and thoroughly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik