Just returned from 7 night stay at this hotel. Great overall experience. The hotel is nicely presented to a high standard and the staff were professional and polite. Check-in was easy, note the 2.00pm check-in time though.
We had superior room with sea view. Nice room reasonable size, comfy beds, bathroom decent and clean. Lots of places to sit/explore in this hotel. There are gardens, terraces, etc. There are also quite a lot of steps - worth noting if fitness/steps are a difficulty for you.
We were on B&B basis which suited us. The breakfast was fine and you can order anything you fancy as well.
Bar prices are on the high side - around £5 for a small beer, £7.50 for a cocktail.
The pool is small but well presented. The water was chilly but actually very nice and you soon got used to it. The pool area overlooks the sea, which you can use steps/jump/leap into... there are ladders on the pool terrace for the sea access.
The sunbed area around the pool is quite classy and looks out over the sea and has plenty of loungers and umbrellas for shade. There are attendants who will sort out loungers for you, although there was usually always a couple available with people coming and going.
A few tips;
* 2pm check in - you can't have your room before 2.00.
* Quite a few steps behind the hotel to the terraces and pool area - not a problem but could be for some.
* There is a lift with an extra button - goes down through the rock beneath the hotel to a tunnel (level 0) that misses out most of the steps to the pool... this is cool!
* The hotel is 10mins walk downhill from the town gate, so its a moderate uphill walking back. A taxi for this short journey cost is about £7 for 1/4 mile!
* There are plenty of places to eat out in Dubrovnik.
* Bar prices in town - you can find a large beer for around £4.50. Wine is pricey starting at around £20 for a bottle of red, but we found one place with £11 for a carafe of house red.
* The cable car is a good trip.
* The banks in Dubrovnik give best exchange rate - better than UK. When you go in bank take passport and collect a queue ticket from machine at the door.
Overall this is a classy hotel giving good service, and also has an indoor pool and basic looking gym, plus a spa, etc., which we didn't use. We will visit Dubrovnik again and would not hesitate to come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik