We stayed in GVA in June 2014 for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it! The most amazing thing was its actual location and how it is situated over the most beautiful sea we have ever swam in and overlooking the island of Lokrum. It is a 10 minute (in high heels) walk to Dubrovnik old town, passing hotel excelsior and Banje beach.
The service in hotel: Front of house reception team were just soooo lovely, couldn't do enough for you. Anything you wanted, they would get it for you. Always smiling and welcoming! The maids were also delightful, and very efficient at cleaning and tidying your room daily. We loved the chocolates on our pillow at turn-down, Infact after we had walked back from dubrovnik (there is a slight incline to the path) we felt we deserved the chocolate from all the exercise ;-)
The room: The hotel is of a very high standard, therefore I can only imagine all of the rooms to be highly taken care of. We loved ours, it was perfect for us. From the toiletries to the incredibly comfortable bed, everything was great.
The breakfast: Well, it is definitely true what they say about breakfast here; pretty much everything is available! There is a very large fresh buffet selection with pastrys, pancakes, fruit, yoghurt, continental breakfast, full English breakfast... Sea food, cereals, compotes and all fresh juices... Lots of champagne which was a real treat! They also had a small menu, which they did the most gorgeous porridge and poached eggs on toast.
The beach: Peaceful and serene. You wouldn't imagine the bustling old town was just around the corner!! Very comfy sun loungers, towels are supplied, you can get a spot anywhere you like! The beach bar was fab and the waiters would bring all your refreshments to your spot... Try the iced coffee... Seriously the best we have ever had !!
Although we certainly paid a lot for this hotel, we did get the quality and were treated very well :-) we love this place and are even looking to return to this hotel or one of the ALH hotels in July next year when we get married out there! Xxxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik