Stayed for three nights as part of a touring holiday in Croatia.
This hotel is in a great location a few minutes walk from the old town, and therefore has great views of the old town and the sea. It's an 'upside down' hotel.... you take the lift down from reception to access other parts of the hotel, which is effectively built down the cliff face. The lowest level takes you down to sea level and the hotel's own sunbathing and pool area with direct access to the sea.
The location - overlooking the bay and the old town - and the facilities in the hotel are excellent. The restaurants have great views and the food was very good and made better by eating it on the outdoor terrace in the warm evening air. The restaurant staff in particular were friendly and helpful. All public areas were of a high standard.
One slight drawback of the design is that you do end up taking lifts regularly... not a major problem although one of them is very small and therefore cramped when more than two or three are in it.
There is a separate villa (Glavic) on the opposite side of the road from the main hotel which is an annex where we stayed. It's the room that stops me from giving the hotel a '5' rating. The rooms here were quite dark as our windows looked directly out onto the surrounding cliffs/buildings. This was true for both our room on the first floor and our daughter's which was on the ground floor. The décor was also slightly dated and the 'hemmed in' feeling was exacerbated by a lot of furniture in relatively small rooms. The shower was small and above the bath, which I find awkward to use, and the temperature seemed to vary a bit. The towels were very thin - one of my particular bugbears.
However the main hotel was superb and I would recommend staying here if visiting Dubrovnik.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik