“The best of the hotels in Valamor complex”

Valamar Club Dubrovnik
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great value for the fully inclusive light option. Dubrovnik is very expensive and the food and drink were great choices and good quality. This is the only hotel with an animation team who provided a full entertainment programme.
This was a Newmarket holiday and our reps Ivan and Ana were great. The excursions were great value as well.
If there was one downside it was that a lot of the rooms didnt have a balcony. Sometimes you just want to sit out. However our room was always spotless so a huge thank you to our service lady Heya. Overall a great holiday in a fabulous location. Well done Valmor Club.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank mollynorthtyneside
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for sending your valuable review on Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel, and taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.
We are delighted to hear your kind words and rest sure that your nice comments about the hotel and room cleanliness will be passed to our housekeeping department.
We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Dubrovnik.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Just back from a great week in Dubrovnik and really enjoyed our stay at the Valamar Club.

Pros:-
- Staff were excellent and went out of their way to help. Both Marko's from the Animation club and their colleagues made the week really enjoyable.
- Food was nice
- Location was fine, 10 mins into town on the local bus which is close to the hotel

Cons:-
- The rooms are clean but basic. We were happy enough
- Small TV in room
- Internet charges are expensive, why can't every hotel proide free wi-fi?

I would be happy to stay here again. thank you Valamar Club

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MICK4Y
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest, On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you for staying at Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel.
I am very pleased to hear you had a nice time and that you found our staff very nice and helpful, as I strongly believe they are truly our greatest value.
For sure I will pass your nice words to all of them.
Regarding the wi-fi, let me inform you it exists and it is free of charge for those who have personal laptop, iphone, etc...
Internet use is only charged if you use computers from our “internet corner” which is situated opposite to the reception.
Once again I would like to thank you for your nice review and I hope we will be able to host you again in the future.
On behalf of the all Valamar club Dubrovnik team, please, receive my kind regards

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The Valamar Hotels are really nice. There is a 3, 4 and 5 star hotels in the same complex. The 3* is not fantastic but you have all the basics, it is comfortable and it is close to the beach. The 4* is very beautiful, new and very comfortable. About the 5* I can't say much, but I expect it to be superb!

The breakfast was great and diverse. Location is a little far from the center and the old town, but close to the beach. Luckily there is regular public transport to take you to the center of town.

One remark - the staff could be a little friendlier to the guests...

Room Tip: Specifuically ask for a sea view if you want one and make sure to ask for a room which does not look...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ivilina
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your review on Tripadvisor.
On behalf of the whole Valamar hotels and resorts I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
We are glad we met your expectation regarding the food and room comfort.
About your remark, allow me to express my regret because friendliness of our stuff didn’t match your expectation, because me personally and numerous clients believe they are our greatest value.
In hope we will be able to host you again in the future, when you will be for sure happy with our complete service, please receive my kind regards

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed for a week in this hotel last year with my partner. We really enjoyed our holidays there, the hotel was clean and nicely decorated (not too modern but more "typical", which we prefered).
We had booked a room with garden view but ended up being on the sea side, with a nice view. The food was absolutely gorgeous, especially the stone baked pizzas !
The animation team was young and motivating, and their evening shows were brilliant.
I also loved the swimming pool and the towels that you can borrow so you don't need to have yours.
There is a bus going to Dubrovnik centre about 5-10 min from the hotel, it is convenient.
No hesitation with recommending this hotel, it really made up enjoy Croatia !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carole H

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation on our hotel .
For us it is confirmation that we are good job and for sure will give us wind at our back to be even better.
We are very happy to read we have met all your expectation, and that you had a nice time in Dubrovnik.
In hope we will be able to host you again in the future, on behalf of the whole staff, please receive my kind regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I visited this with my wife, 77 year old mother, 15 year old son and 1 year old daughter. Very friendly staff from start to finish. The food was excellent with a good choice each day and an excellent choice from the fresh grill. All areas spotlessly clean including the rooms. Nice and close to the beach too and close to a shopping mall with easy walks to several other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan A
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for sending your valuable review on our hotel.
We are glad that the hotel met all your expectations and that you had a memorable stay in Dubrovnik.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another pleasant stay at Valamar club Dubrovnik.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stayed 6 nights at this hotel after booking direct with the reception after horrendous apartment allocation from balkan holidays.

Hotel is a good 3 star and i will review the main areas below.

Rooms: Very Acceptable for a 3* (we are a family of 4 and had adjioing rooms), cleaned to high standard every day, maids very efficient and friendly, safe deposit box no extra charge and thought the beds were very comfortable, air con worked a treat, our rooms were ground floor and faced the rear of the hotel did'nt bother us but if you like a view then ask for a sea view.

Food: Very good quality though would maybe be bit repetative for some if staying for 2 wks.
English breakfast if you wanted or continental or both, kids loved the freshly made pizza, lots of freshly cooked fish and meats available from the grill, dining area could be crowded at certain times but we always managed to get a table, drinks plentiful as much soft, hot or alchololic (lager, red or white wine lunch & dinner))beverages as you wanted during meal times.

Pool:Excellent large pool, very entertaining animation team lots to do if you wished, plenty of sun loungers however could do with mor umbrellas, drinks and snacks available at the bar but these had to be payed for not part of the all inclusive light package.

Hotel: Located in babin kuk is to far really to walk to the old town however as others have said a regular bus service runs from very near the hotel to the pile gate and is very simply to use as the old town is the terminus of the route and the hotel the terminus on the way back.
3or 4 other valamar hotels are situated close by and we can use the ammenities if you wish also a small shopping centre is round the corner that has a couple gift shops, bars, supermarkets and tour shops.
Nightly entertaiment provided at the pool bar by the animation team was good fun and very well executed given the limitations.
All the staff I had dealings with were all very polite and friendly from the reception manager to the maids and are real credit to the hotel.
Kids club and plenty of sporting activities available such as table tenis, tennis volleyball, football, crazy golf, childrens play area etc.

All in all my family had a very enjoyable stay with lots to do to keep us all happy, i would reccommend this hotel for families wishing to visit Dubrovnik as it well placed for the old town and has plenty for the kids to do.

I will definately use this hotel again the next time I visit Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room if view important
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank vwmad
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying in our hotel and for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased that the hotel met all your expectations, and that you had enjoyable stay.
Once again I would like to thank you on behalf of the whole staff for your nice review and recommendation.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The hotel is nice with good facilities, rooms are a bit on the small size. I requested a balcony by email & was told to ask on arrival. On arrival I was the 1st in a group of 11 families to register & when I asked for a room with a balcony I was told that they were full & they didn't have any rooms available, but they gave another of our group a room with a balcony.
The bars closed at 11.30 even when there were alot of people there & they turned the lights out which was very rude.
We were on a light inclusive meal deal which allowed free beer & wine with our meals but the staff got really argumentative when you put wine in a beer glass how petty!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mcfcfanBournemouth
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Sir,
I wish to thank you for your kind comment and that you recognized Valamar club as nice hotel with good facilities.
I am very sorry that you didn’t sign your name under your comment. In that case we would be able to validate check-in procedure and the answer would be much more accurate. Like this I can only tell you that reservations are coming through different channels,( agencies, tour operators, direct sales, internet bookings, individual reservations….etc) some with defined reservation for all services, some not. Your room was not originally booked with balcony, and due to a fact that upon arrival we did not have any room with balcony free we were not able to give you one. All other rooms in arrival that day that had previous reservations for balcony got one as it is our obligation. Another room with balcony you mention was obviously reserved with balcony in advance. Also I have to say that balcony is a room category which costs more, so there is not one reason not to sell it if there is one available.
Regarding bars, yes working hours, due to numerous reasons, are until 23:30.Unfortunately you missed to mention which one of our bars is in question, but I assure you that we are prolonging working hours on each bar whenever we have clients that are willing to consume more.
Valamar club in the restaurant has different type of glasses, special one for each drink available. And yes, we are always trying to suggest our clients, when they accidentally pick the wrong glass that specific drink tastes better in original glass. This goes especially for wines. I can also guarantee you that this is not question of pettiness but concern for our client’s wellbeing while enjoying in Valamar club Dubrovnik.
With my best regards