Valamar Club Dubrovnik
US$256
US$232
US$758
US$723
All reviewsanimation teammeal timesmaro clubmini discokids clubfamily friendly hotelthe bustable tennisvalamar hotelsold townpool areasea viewcruise linersevening entertainmentmeat and fishcopacabana beachpark view
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great value for the fully inclusive light option. Dubrovnik is very expensive and the food and drink were great choices and good quality. This is the only hotel with an animation team who provided a full entertainment programme.
This was a Newmarket holiday and our reps Ivan and Ana were great. The excursions were great value as well.
If there was one downside it was that a lot of the rooms didnt have a balcony. Sometimes you just want to sit out. However our room was always spotless so a huge thank you to our service lady Heya. Overall a great holiday in a fabulous location. Well done Valmor Club.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank mollynorthtyneside
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for sending your valuable review on Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel, and taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.
We are delighted to hear your kind words and rest sure that your nice comments about the hotel and room cleanliness will be passed to our housekeeping department.
We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Dubrovnik.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Just back from a great week in Dubrovnik and really enjoyed our stay at the Valamar Club.

Pros:-
- Staff were excellent and went out of their way to help. Both Marko's from the Animation club and their colleagues made the week really enjoyable.
- Food was nice
- Location was fine, 10 mins into town on the local bus which is close to the hotel

Cons:-
- The rooms are clean but basic. We were happy enough
- Small TV in room
- Internet charges are expensive, why can't every hotel proide free wi-fi?

I would be happy to stay here again. thank you Valamar Club

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MICK4Y
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest, On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you for staying at Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel.
I am very pleased to hear you had a nice time and that you found our staff very nice and helpful, as I strongly believe they are truly our greatest value.
For sure I will pass your nice words to all of them.
Regarding the wi-fi, let me inform you it exists and it is free of charge for those who have personal laptop, iphone, etc...
Internet use is only charged if you use computers from our “internet corner” which is situated opposite to the reception.
Once again I would like to thank you for your nice review and I hope we will be able to host you again in the future.
On behalf of the all Valamar club Dubrovnik team, please, receive my kind regards

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The Valamar Hotels are really nice. There is a 3, 4 and 5 star hotels in the same complex. The 3* is not fantastic but you have all the basics, it is comfortable and it is close to the beach. The 4* is very beautiful, new and very comfortable. About the 5* I can't say much, but I expect it to be superb!

The breakfast was great and diverse. Location is a little far from the center and the old town, but close to the beach. Luckily there is regular public transport to take you to the center of town.

One remark - the staff could be a little friendlier to the guests...

Room Tip: Specifuically ask for a sea view if you want one and make sure to ask for a room which does not look towards the hotel bar. There are singers at night and it is rather loud.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ivilina
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your review on Tripadvisor.
On behalf of the whole Valamar hotels and resorts I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
We are glad we met your expectation regarding the food and room comfort.
About your remark, allow me to express my regret because friendliness of our stuff didn’t match your expectation, because me personally and numerous clients believe they are our greatest value.
In hope we will be able to host you again in the future, when you will be for sure happy with our complete service, please receive my kind regards

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed for a week in this hotel last year with my partner. We really enjoyed our holidays there, the hotel was clean and nicely decorated (not too modern but more "typical", which we prefered).
We had booked a room with garden view but ended up being on the sea side, with a nice view. The food was absolutely gorgeous, especially the stone baked pizzas !
The animation team was young and motivating, and their evening shows were brilliant.
I also loved the swimming pool and the towels that you can borrow so you don't need to have yours.
There is a bus going to Dubrovnik centre about 5-10 min from the hotel, it is convenient.
No hesitation with recommending this hotel, it really made up enjoy Croatia !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carole H

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation on our hotel .
For us it is confirmation that we are good job and for sure will give us wind at our back to be even better.
We are very happy to read we have met all your expectation, and that you had a nice time in Dubrovnik.
In hope we will be able to host you again in the future, on behalf of the whole staff, please receive my kind regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I visited this with my wife, 77 year old mother, 15 year old son and 1 year old daughter. Very friendly staff from start to finish. The food was excellent with a good choice each day and an excellent choice from the fresh grill. All areas spotlessly clean including the rooms. Nice and close to the beach too and close to a shopping mall with easy walks to several other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan A
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear Guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for sending your valuable review on our hotel.
We are glad that the hotel met all your expectations and that you had a memorable stay in Dubrovnik.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another pleasant stay at Valamar club Dubrovnik.
Kind regards,