“Could improve”

Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Porthmadog, United Kingdom
“Could improve”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights as part of an escorted tour. The hotel was situated in a beautiful area with a good pool and close beach.
The staff were very helpful to all requests. The canteen like dining room was very noisy with no obvious seating allocation. A wide choice of food but ordinary.
The room was very small but overheated. The air con with the window closed was set by the hotel to a minimum of about 23 deg C. The window was kept open all night for fresh air but the room was above the delivery bay where all daily food supplies were noisily received starting at 5 o'clock in the morning ! We were glad to go home for some sleep
The bathroom was Very small. This bedroom should not have been let to a paying guest.

Room Tip: One with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel.
I am very sorry we didn’t meet your expectation completely. Also I regret you didn’t approach us while being here. This way we would have done everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible with even changing your room for different, more suitable one to your preferences.
I hope you will give us your trust in the future to host you again when I ensure you we will create your memorable holiday.
Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very unhappy with the hotel. Very few rooms face the water. Room smelled moldy and needed paint. Walls are paper thin. Could hear entire conversations and people snoring on both sides! Bad food. Staff was so rude. Can't recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NoreenSeattle
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for writing your impression even if not positive ones about your recent visit. I would like to extend my regret we didn't met your expectation in any of our services and I also regret we didn't receive any feedback while you were here. I ensure you we would have done everything in our power to make your holiday as best as possible. I am stunned with generalizing the rudeness of our staff since the politeness is actually our strongest value. We will delve in this matter and do our best for all guests to feel welcome as they truly are. Although we are not four but three star hotel we do have five star politeness and therefore I am even more sorry you didn’t feel that way and I do hope you will give us opportunity to justify these words on your next visit to Dubrovnik.
Kind regards,
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is a short taxi drive from Dubrovnik in a beautiful setting with views of the cable bridge and cruise ships visiting the city .
I stayed for two nights and was very satisfied with the hotel .
The rooms are modern , spacious and wifi was free throughout the hotel .The pool area overlooked the sea and had lots of sun beds with available towels .The restaurant was buffet style with plenty of choice .There was entertainment on both evenings and a programme of events during the day .The staff were very friendly and I was made to feel very welcome .A wonderful hotel for a relaxing stay or for a short visit to Dubrovnik .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Allow me to personally thank you for your review and at the same time recommendation for Valamar Club Dubrovnik hotel. It is pleasure to read your positive impressions and I do hope on your next visit to Dubrovnik you will also choose our hotel and stay even longer.

My best regards
Aigurande, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was going to take some holiday to Croatia before my exam. The animation team is awesome !
They all speak 3 or 4 language !
I recommended this hotel for every one who want to rest !
Only if the bar would work more hours.....
Michael Jackson show was great!!!! All pretty good dancers !
The room was clean and great but around the hotel it's a little bite the mess.

I which to say thx to all the staff member !

Room Tip: I was staying in the room 2033, at the second floor with sea view and it was beautiful ,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Maxence C
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Allow me to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Dubrovnik. Also I would like to thank you for nice words about our animation team. Review like yours is best motivation tool for young and enthusiastic people as they are. Rest assured we will never stop trying to improve our facility and service all in order to create a memorable experience for our guests.
In hope we will be able to host you again on your next visit to Dubrovnik, please receive my kind regards.
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at the Valamar Club Dubrovnik for 3 nights in early May for a family vacation. Overall, we were very pleased. The kids enjoyed the Kids Club, we adults enjoyed the entertainment, and we all enjoyed the food, the pool, and the beach (that's only a five minute walk away)!
We were able to connect to the free wifi in our rooms and the lobby.
Our only complaint would be the size of the rooms and the interiors of the hotel. It is outdated, but since we didn't spend much time in our rooms, it was something we could live with. Theres just so many other things to do around here. Downtown Dubrovnik is only a 15 min drive away, and there's the great pool and beach available. (My kids loved that there was a child pool just for them, and so did I!)
I'd recommend this resort for families with small children like us. It's so great having a program for the kids to enjoy, a child friendly pool, and great meals to please everyone. It was a fun vacation for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank M V
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. It is really nice to read you and your family enjoyed our hotel and city of Dubrovnik. I agree with you, there is a lot of interesting and beautiful places to visit around here. Once again thank you for your recommendation and I hope we will have pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.
Kind regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We are here for the second time as we love this place.
We have a family room with Interconnecting door .
It is good food, all inclusive light .
Beautiful surroundings too. Many activities possible, like tennis. pingis, badminton etc.

Catharina with family.

Most important though is that we feel welcome.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Thanks Morana and all the animation team. The restaurant staff, reception and cleaners.
A great vacation!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Famij
Dear Guest,
It is truly my honour that you have chosen our hotel for the second time and that we participated in creating your memorable vacation. Your positive review makes me real proud of my staff and way they are performing towards guest satisfaction. Rest assured your nice review will be forwarded to all employees.
I wish you all the best and i am already looking forward to your next visit to our Valamar club Dubrovnik home.

My best regards
Cambridgeshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just got back from a weeks stay with 2 kids. Weather was changeable but pleasantly warm. Outdoor pool too cold to use so we went to Valamar Lacroma to use indoor pool but had to pay-however thought it may have been free with the all inclusive package. There was a variety of hot meals to choose from as well as salads and lovely desserts.
Room was spacious and clean. Although it was cleaned every day, the floor was not vacuumed.
Bathroom tidy and towels changed every day. Family interconnecting room was spacious however the kids had access to the balcony themselves, so a bit of a safety issue. The threshold trim between the interconnecting room is a bit of a trip hazard. Website promised kids pack with colouring books - this did not materialise.
All staff friendly and approachable. Kids enjoyed Maro club and made a lot of friends- however there was only water and fruit provided not fruit juice. Could not find an ice cream party. Entertainment was adequate- really enjoyed the bingo and quizzes.
Not all the shops nearby were open as too early in the season. Probably much better in the summer.
Bus number 6 to Old Town very convenient and cheap. It is up a steep hill but manageable. Found pretty church in Old Town. Couldn't find a market. When asked we were directed to a 'supermarket'!

Overall recommend Valamar Club Dubrovnik. They even arranged the transfers at a competitive cost.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Derbycounty66
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay in Valamar Club Dubrovnik hotel, and for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is tremendously important to us, because this way we are able to improve the service in a direction to your complete satisfaction. We took your comments seriously and we will do everything to create for you and for all our guests a memorable experience.
I do hope, we will be able to host you again in our hotel, when I am sure you will have absolutely perfect holiday.
Kind Regards