“Lovely extended family holiday with a wedding thrown in!”

Valamar Club Dubrovnik
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Salford, United Kingdom
“Lovely extended family holiday with a wedding thrown in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lovely place. Very clean and well maintained. Al inclusive light deal was perfect as meant you could eat and drink plenty . Food was great. Everybody in our group ate well and there were some fussy eaters amongst us. Food was plain and simple with choice of sauces etc to make it how you liked. and cooked in front of you with plenty of choice of salad and veg etc. loads of sun beds, lovely pool. Free towels and safe facilities as well as air con. Just lovely
City of Dubrovnik is stunningly beautiful and so historic. Our family wedding was in old town at Sponza palace. Breathtaking!!!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view and room above 3rd floor .
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Welshelly
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Wedding in old town ….I can only imagine how many beautiful memories you took home with. I am really honored and proud we have contributed to your entire memorable experience. On behalf of all staff I would like to thank you for taking time to share positive impressions with other travelers and writing such a nice review about the hotel facility. Also I am happy you appreciated our food offer. We really take many actions to improve its quality and your nice words are confirmation we are doing it right way. It was a pleasure having you in our hotel and we are already looking forward to welcome you again in Valamar Club Dubrovnik hotel and in magical city of Dubrovnik.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here in April 2014. The hotel staff were quite friendly with the exception of one lady on the reception desk who was quite rude to me. The Other reception/club activities staff and catering staff were great. It is clean and access to the Old Town is via a bus that runs from the top of the hill which is explained quite well by the staff. The bus takes at least 15 minutes. The weather was not great when I was there, so the pool could not be used. There were activities each night - mostly family related. I was travelling by myself so it probably would have been better for me to stay in the Old Town where there is a lot of nightlife. I had a nice room with a sea view - it was clean but tea and coffee making facilities would be a really nice touch. All in all it was good and the food was of a good standard.

Room Tip: Sea View is a MUST!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking your time to share impressions with other travelers and with us too. This way we get more insights and are able to adjust the service in order to make your holiday completely from our side. However I do regret you felt the rudeness by someone from our staff, as you say. As their manager who takes full responsibility for their actions, I ensure you it was not anyone’s attention to make you feel in any way uncomfortable and please receive my sincere apology. I would have appreciated you approached us with complain while you were in hotel when we can correct everything right on the spot. It is our ongoing task to improve the quality of the service and facility and I hope next time your will be even more pleased with the hotel and service if you choose us to be your host on the next trip to Dubrovnik.
Thank you for recommendation and I wish you all the best on behalf of the entire staff.
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have just returned from a week long stay at the Valamar. On arrival we were pleasantly surprised to be given a room with a view of the sea and the pools as we had booked a park view. Our room was 1015 with a lovely terrace.As others have said the rooms are very small and the bathroom was tiny but it served its purpose. We had the all inclusive light and this was excellent, the food was varied and the choice was vast. Not a chip or chicken nugget in sight all week. We loved the healthy options and even the children had no problem with plenty of pizza and pasta and of course lots of ice cream. The hotel was very close to the beach and the pool area was perfect and there was no problem with getting a sun lounger. Be careful on the beach as you have to pay for the loungers. The charge was forty kuna for the day but its better than lying on the pebbles. The view from the hotel was perfect and every morning we watched the big cruise ships arriving in. The bus to the old town goes from outside the hotel at the top of a very steep hill. I think it was the number 6 bus. The hotel could do with a little updating but overall we could find no complaints. The staff were excellent and so friendly, especially the ladies in the dining room who always made a fuss of our children and treated us like friends every time we arrived in to eat. Also a special thanks to the reception staff who were so helpful, nothing was to much trouble from offering advise on day trips to helping print our boarding pass. The animation team were fantastic and we really enjoyed their nightly shows. Overall a great trip and would love to return again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chocotuts
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in beautiful city of Dubrovnik. And thank you for such a nice review about the hotel and staff. Rest assured it will be passed to all employees. For sure it's going to be their encouragement to keep up with good work.
It will be our pleasure to host you again if you decide to return.
On behalf of all staff I wish you all the best and kind regards,
Porthmadog, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights as part of an escorted tour. The hotel was situated in a beautiful area with a good pool and close beach.
The staff were very helpful to all requests. The canteen like dining room was very noisy with no obvious seating allocation. A wide choice of food but ordinary.
The room was very small but overheated. The air con with the window closed was set by the hotel to a minimum of about 23 deg C. The window was kept open all night for fresh air but the room was above the delivery bay where all daily food supplies were noisily received starting at 5 o'clock in the morning ! We were glad to go home for some sleep
The bathroom was Very small. This bedroom should not have been let to a paying guest.

Room Tip: One with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel.
I am very sorry we didn’t meet your expectation completely. Also I regret you didn’t approach us while being here. This way we would have done everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible with even changing your room for different, more suitable one to your preferences.
I hope you will give us your trust in the future to host you again when I ensure you we will create your memorable holiday.
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very unhappy with the hotel. Very few rooms face the water. Room smelled moldy and needed paint. Walls are paper thin. Could hear entire conversations and people snoring on both sides! Bad food. Staff was so rude. Can't recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NoreenSeattle
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for writing your impression even if not positive ones about your recent visit. I would like to extend my regret we didn't met your expectation in any of our services and I also regret we didn't receive any feedback while you were here. I ensure you we would have done everything in our power to make your holiday as best as possible. I am stunned with generalizing the rudeness of our staff since the politeness is actually our strongest value. We will delve in this matter and do our best for all guests to feel welcome as they truly are. Although we are not four but three star hotel we do have five star politeness and therefore I am even more sorry you didn’t feel that way and I do hope you will give us opportunity to justify these words on your next visit to Dubrovnik.
Kind regards,
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is a short taxi drive from Dubrovnik in a beautiful setting with views of the cable bridge and cruise ships visiting the city .
I stayed for two nights and was very satisfied with the hotel .
The rooms are modern , spacious and wifi was free throughout the hotel .The pool area overlooked the sea and had lots of sun beds with available towels .The restaurant was buffet style with plenty of choice .There was entertainment on both evenings and a programme of events during the day .The staff were very friendly and I was made to feel very welcome .A wonderful hotel for a relaxing stay or for a short visit to Dubrovnik .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Allow me to personally thank you for your review and at the same time recommendation for Valamar Club Dubrovnik hotel. It is pleasure to read your positive impressions and I do hope on your next visit to Dubrovnik you will also choose our hotel and stay even longer.

My best regards
Aigurande, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was going to take some holiday to Croatia before my exam. The animation team is awesome !
They all speak 3 or 4 language !
I recommended this hotel for every one who want to rest !
Only if the bar would work more hours.....
Michael Jackson show was great!!!! All pretty good dancers !
The room was clean and great but around the hotel it's a little bite the mess.

I which to say thx to all the staff member !

Room Tip: I was staying in the room 2033, at the second floor with sea view and it was beautiful ,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Maxence C
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Allow me to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Dubrovnik. Also I would like to thank you for nice words about our animation team. Review like yours is best motivation tool for young and enthusiastic people as they are. Rest assured we will never stop trying to improve our facility and service all in order to create a memorable experience for our guests.
In hope we will be able to host you again on your next visit to Dubrovnik, please receive my kind regards.