“What's not to like??”

Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Forres, United Kingdom
“What's not to like??”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just spent a wonderful relaxing week here at this stunning hotel. Something for everyone- whether you want to be active or lazy by the pool, it provides a lovely location to choose.The staff have to be recommended for their hard work and friendly manner- the animation team did a brilliant job to entertain us each day and night. The hotel is exceptionally clean and well maintained and I would like to pass on my thanks to all the staff . Hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: even our basic room without balcony did not detract from our overall enjoyment of our stay
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annie G
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your nice and sincere impressions about your stay in our hotel.
I am very delighted to read you had a wonderful time and that you would recommend us to possible future guests.
It will be our honor to have you back in our hotel if you decide to return to Dubrovnik.
My kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good sized, clean room with a balcony and sea view. Definitely worth booking a sea view as the other views are not very inspiring. Pool area is nice and could always find a sun lounger. Food is good but could be more varied. The bus runs regularly into Dubrovnik, we bought a Dubrovnik card which covered 20 bus rides, entrance to the City Walls and some other museums and found that the cost was covered with the Walls and bus rides and was handy to have the card rather than scrabbling for change. Top tip for a seat on the bus is to turn right outside the hotel and then walk through the park from the shopping centre to the bus stop outside the President Hotel as this is where the bus starts from. Was not impressed with Copacabana Beach, much nicer at Lapad or to swim off the rocks along the coastal path from the left hand side of the President.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
1 Thank janembaldwin
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for choosing hotel Valamar Club Dubrovnik for your holiday and for taking few moments of your precious time to make a review on Tripadvisor.
I am happy you had a nice vacation and that you are satisfied with our hotel.
We are constantly doing our best to satisfy guests’ needs and will never stop improving our service, all in order to make memorable experience for you.
I hope we will be able to host you again on your next visit to Dubrovnik

Kind Regards,
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed 12th to 19th June 2014
Hotel very clean staff friendly and efficient nothing seemed too much trouble.
Our room was on the small side but functional after all what do you do but sleep in it.
Small balcony but room enough for two with a GREAT view.
The restaurant had a good choice and the food was of good quality only downside (if I'm picky)
some times the used plates took a while to be cleared.
The animation team were very friendly and worked very hard always with a smile on their faces.
The hotel is in a great position a few minutes from the pebble but nice beach and a short and cheap bus ride into Dubrovnik ,within a couple of minutes walk from the hotel there is a covered area with a range of shops and friendly bars.
We found the Croatian people to be very friendly and helpful and cannot wait to go back again
as this was the most chilled I have felt for ages.
p.s. The Elaphite Islands cruise is a must.

Room Tip: reception level or above with a sea view
1 Thank Andrew R
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Valamar Club Dubrovnik for your recent stay in Dubrovnik. I would like to also thank you for taking some time to share your positive impressions with other travelers. We are very delighted to read you had a nice time here and that you would like to return. It is great news and we are already looking forward to your next arrival to our hotel on sunny Dubrovnik cost.
Kind regards
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, the appearance of it initially had me thinking....oh no! But after being here a week. I am pleased and would return. The rooms are spacious enough but there are no dressers to put your items away. The a/c works well. The beds and pillows are comfy enough. Extra are supplied. There is no coffee maker or anything fancy in the room. But I am only in the room to sleep so am satisfied. What makes it very good is the food and the entertainment. The people on the animation team work very hard and do their job well. The food is plenty and a better quality than I have seen in many inclusives. The staff are extremely willing to help you with what ever you might need. Housekeeping is good and quick. Lots of stairs though and people with animal allergies best not come as there is lots of cats and a dog that wander freely. The beach is not sand but rocky so bring water shoes. Lots of things for kids to do. Rating above average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts I would like to thank you for recommendation you made on Tripadvisor. I am really happy you found our hotel and service matching the price you have had paid for. Also thank you for mentioning the food quality for we have been working a lot to upgrade it in order to make our guests completely satisfy. Your positive review confirms we are doing good job and it represents positive injection of enthusiasm to continue improving this direction.
It will be our honor to host you again on your future journey to city of Dubrovnik.
In the meantime, please receive my kind regards
Essex.UK
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located out of town with some very nice views, every thing was clean but rooms a bit small ( My room had nowhere to store my suit case) There was a safe in the room,they appeared to have various types through out the hotel ,some where smaller than others.
The food was nice when hot,however the choice was limited and depending on when you visited the dining area,depended on the size of the queues ( I could not work out the best times) Wines, beers and soft drinks available during meals times, there was also the option to purchase better wines etc if required,
The biggest thing to let the hotel down in my opinion was the reception, they were all very ,very pleasant but,
They appeared to be very disorganized, I personally ordered/paid for a sea view, on arrival they gave me a room but no sea view,initially they asked me to return in the morning to sort out.( after a bit of thought ,I thought no I'm not accepting this and went back to reception ,where they then found me a room with the requested pool view,Next issue I went to the pool, requested a towel, I was told I needed a card,I gave my room card expecting to get it back..the pool guy was new and was not aware a separate towel card was required for each towel( at this point he had lost my room card) all this because reception never gave me towel cards at my arrival when allocating my room...This error by the receptionist basically put me in a negative mood.( mine was not the error,I heard several people with similar issues)
Hopefully the hotel will address this issue, thus reducing the additional work caused for the maids, pool man and the customers

The hotel is located outside the old town (15 kuna on the number 6 bus, you can get a return ticket which I assume would be cheaper) The bus stop is located just outside the hotel grounds..turn right then cross the road, there is a lay-by about 150 meters and labeled in the road "bus"
A taxi is about 90-100 kuna (9-10 pounds) the rate is aprox 9 kuna per kilometer..Reception will order for you and give you a number that you quote to the driver( just makes sure you get your taxi and not anybody else's

Another tip, be careful with any credit cards especially in the old town, believe cards were being cloned.
Any also check your notes, some people had been given old notes that were no longer in circulation.

All in all I enjoyed my stay the staff were very nice( even the receptionist even if they were inefficient)
The location great, views stunning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steven B
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Allow me to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Dubrovnik and for writing a review in our hotel.
By writing this, on behalf of the reception staff, I would like to extend sincere apology for any inconvenience that was done without anyone’s intention. I also thank you for pointing out the positive things you have encountered with but also negative ones, because it is the best way to know where we do something wrong and we are able to improve quality of our services and the hotel in whole.
It will be my honour to host you again in the future, if you ever decide to return to Dubrovnik .
My kind regards,
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hotel situated a short bus ride from Dubrovnik, hotel clean staff friendly the animation team were superb the shows they put on were great . The rooms were a good size well decorated we were lucky ours had a sea view. Lots of nice walks Babin Kuk is about 20 mins away down a coastal path. My only gripe would be the walk to the bus stop only about 5 mins away but straight uphill not for the unfit or elderly. Apart from that we had a great time.

1 Thank Valerie M
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Dubrovnik and for taking some time to share your impressions with other travelers. It makes me truly happy to know you had wonderful time here and you liked our hospitality. Your review and recommendation is valuable to all of and I will be trilled if you choose Valamar Club Dubrovnik hotel for your future visit in our city.

I wish you all the best and please receive my kind regards
Hotel manager
Ferns, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I read the Tripadvisor reviews for this hotel before I booked it and it came across loud and clear that a sea view was a must. I wrote to the Hotel manager a week before we travelled
"Dear S Vasiljevic,
I will be staying at your hotel (Valamar Club) . I have read the various comments re: your hotel on tripadvisor, most of which are very positive. I did notice a common thread from your guests and that is a room with a sea view on a high floor to really enjoy the hotel at its best. I would really appreciate it if you could make this possible for my wife and myself ". I did receive a reply telling me that my request was passed on to reception. When we arrived at the hotel the room we got was looking out over wasteland where a JCB was moving earth around and creating clouds of dust and also the driver had lit a bonfire adding smoke to the dust. When I mentioned this to reception they said it would be three days before we could be moved. The most annoying part of this was that some people who travelled with us got a sea view without requesting one. When we did get a sea view room four days later it was only then that we unpacked our suitcases and started to enjoy the remaining three days of our holiday properly. The non sea view rooms have no worthwhile views, scrubland or somebody else’s balcony. No marks to the management or reservations team, this request were handled so badly.

Room Tip: A sea view or forget it, the alternative is a disaster
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John19461949
Dear Guest,
Allow me to extend my apologies for this inconvenient situation you were placed in. I can ensure you it was no one intention to mislead you in any way by making false promises. Therefore I am even sadder about the situation. Also I regret for not being informed about the situation immediately upon arrival. I am sure that this unfortunate misunderstanding would be resolved on the spot.
I do hope you recognize my sincere apology and you will allow us in future to amend and repair experience you have brought home.
I am at your disposal for any request you might have and will personally take care that next time there is no possible inconveniences.
Kind regards,