Villa Dubrovnik
US$332
Hotel Splendid(Dubrovnik)(Great Value!)
US$166
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop barboat serviceboat shuttleold cityjacuzzi on the balconybeautiful hotelprosciuttoprivate boatwine barlokrum islandmoment you arriveon the rocksindoor poollounge chairsour honeymoonsunbathing areabreakfast is served
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We chose this hotel because we wanted to be close but not too close to Dubrovnik which we had heard is a must see for every cruise ship plying the crystal blue waters of the Adriatic. This is worth consdering because there are some good hotels in the centre of town, notably the Pucic Palace and The Hilton. We chose wisely! Dubrovnik is heaving with tour parties during the day and is much quieter by night and if you are located too close to the centre of the action this could prove tiresome. Villa Dubrovnik is ultra modern in design, lots of glass, natural stone and stainless steel and is glued to the rocks overhanging the sea about three quarters of a mile from the entrance to the historic harbour. It's a ten minute gentle walk into town or you can go in the rather elegant launch moored at the hotel landing stage. The staff are a credit to the owners and even though some reviewers have been critical of the food we were very impressed with the restaurant and enjoyed an excellent dinner. Breakfast is a little odd as it is waitress service only and we had one or two minor communication problems but nothing beyond the mildly amusing. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, very well equiped and all have the most amazing views over the sea from glass fronted balconies. We were impressed with the ramps and lifts that make all areas of this hotel easily accessible for wheelchair users even right up to the sky bar which is perched on the roof and is the ideal place to watch the sunset over the ancient stone walls of Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea on the south side. Also if you like a good shower make sure your bathroom has one, mine didn't just a hose over the bath which was a bit of a failure.
4  Thank Richard G
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Mr. Richard,
I would like to thank you for your kind review, and I am so happy that you spent some nice time with us in our Villa Dubrovnik! Location of this hotel is one of the most important advantages, it is not too far for walking to the Old town, and still it is located in very quiet and peaceful area. Hotel is renovated 2 years ago, and design is really modern with all new furniture. I am happy that you have been enjoying our Sky bar, which is really something special; sitting on the top, overlooking the Old Town and island of Lokrum. Thank you for your compliments regarding our staff; we are always trying to keep them professional, but it is good to have some extra training for them, even in language area, so thank you for mentioning communication problems, that is definitely something where we can do some changes to improve their service.
I hope you will have opportunity to visit us again!
With my best regards, Mirna Loncar Strazicic

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We recently spent five nights at this hotel and could hardly fault it. It's in a spectacular position, set into the cliff and overlooking the sea and Lokrum island. The fact that it's slightly outside the old centre of Dubrovnik was actually a plus for us as, even in May, Dubrovnik was really, really busy and so it was nice to be able to escape from the town at the end of the day. The beautiful Venetian launch which takes you from the hotel into the old harbour each hour actually added to our holiday - it was a lovely way to approach Dubrovnik old town and the boat was certainly the most glamorous in the harbour!! When the weather is too bad for the launch to operate, a minibus runs in its place from the hotel to Ploce Gate - so either the boat or the car runs an hourly return service every day from 9 o'clock in the morning to 11 o'clock at night. The hotel itself is very modern and stylish. The deluxe room we stayed in was large and spotlessly clean with a very private balcony overlooking the sea. The bathroom had a glass wall looking into the bedroom (to take advantage of the views, I guess) which might not be to everyone's taste but there's a curtain which can be drawn across so it really isn't a problem. I believe the hotel has recently been renovated and they must have installed excellent sound-proofing. I don't ever remember staying in a hotel when I couldn't hear at least some noise coming from the rooms either side and above but I can honestly say that we didn't hear a thing - and I'm a really light sleeper - it was fantastic! Breakfast was excellent, especially when the weather was good enough to eat outside on the balcony, and there was a very comprehensive choice of menu - you could have as much as you wanted at no extra charge. I know a breakfast buffet is usual these days but it didn't bother us as the waiting staff kept coming back to the table to ask if there was anything else we wanted. We ate dinner in the hotel every night as the prime reason for our break was to relax so we didn't want to go back into town in the evening. But the food was so good at the hotel that we really didn't want to go anywhere else. Had we been staying longer we probably would have tried some of the restaurants in town, as the hotel has fairly limited choice of main courses, but any restaurant in town would have to go a long way to beat the quality of the food at Villa Dubrovnik. Last, but by no means least, I must mention the staff who were, without exception, friendly, helpful, extremely polite & courteous and good at their jobs. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will definitely be returning.

6  Thank Alison A

Dear Ms.Alison,
we are really honored with your review! Our hotel Villa Dubrovnik has quite interesting location on the cliff, overlooking the sea and the Old Town. It is perfect escape from busy city. While sitting on the balcony you are enjoying full privacy but still with very nice view on the Old Town. Our hotel is renovated 2 years ago, and I am happy that you liked hotel’s design. It is a quite compliment that you were having dinner in our restaurant Pjerin and enjoying food and service here. It would be my great pleasure to host you again in our Villa Dubrovnik!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights, 2 nights at the dulex room and the last night at the executive with the jacuzzi at the balcony. I can say this is one of the best hotels I have stayed so far, honestly I love this hotel more than those big names like four seasons, ritz carlton etc! The place is very modern and stylish, very clean with execellent service (apart from a guy who didn't offer his help to make restaurant reservation). Breakfast and dinner at the main restaurant was very good, the stunning view of the old city was a plus to the meals! Their sky bar was nice too though I should admit that I didn't like the cocktails they made. Location is good, I know there're a lot of hotels which are much closer to the town, but come on it's just 15 mins walk so I don't think it's far, otherwise you can take the hotel private boat or shuttle bus to the town. Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel and I'll definitely recommend everyone who is going to Dubrovnik to stay there!

1  Thank tiffno
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Tiffno,
we are really honored with your beautiful words about our Villa Dubrovnik. It is so nice to hear something like that from our guests! I would appreciate your recommendations, and would definitely like to host you again.
Anything you could need in the future, please feel free to contact me any time.
I will contact you directly to your e-mail, so you will have my direct business contact. Also via e-mail I would like to discuss situation which you had with one of my staff here because that kind of behavior is definitely not allowed in our hotel.
With my best regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The build of this property is in modern "designer" style - lots of glass (including lifts) and wood. Every room has a view of the sea. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.

The hotel is a little out of town, but there is a free boat service hourly, or you can be run in using their van (for about €14 when the boat is running, otherwise free hourly service). There are plenty of taxis to get back from town.

The food was nice, but some foreign wine on the menu would have been nice - we weren't impressed with the Croatian wine.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a room with a balcony. Higher up (e.g. 4th floor) has a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Guests,
we are more than happy that you had such a pleasant stay with us! Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your advice for foreign wines, but it goes together with food and it is all about presenting all the best of Croatia to our guests. We are making some changes in our wine list so would definitely consider your suggestion.
I would like to host you again in our Villa Dubrovnik!
With my best regards

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Having just spent a five night stay at Villa Dubrovnik i left this beautiful hotel as a very satisfied guest. From the moment i arrived the staff took very good care of me. A Special Thankyou to valentina and josif for the excellent service at breakfast in the mornings,they are a credit to your hotel. The Boat service run to the old town is just that special little touch of class that the hotel offers. To round off your evening head up to the sky bar for a cocktail and just sit back and take in the night time view. I look forward to a return visit some day soon . Thankyou again for all your kind Hospitality shown to me on my visit. Martin from Dublin Ireland.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank martykdublin
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Martin,
All Villa Dubrovnik team is really honored with your kind words about our Villa and especially about staff hospitality. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and would definitely like to host you again!
Looking forward seeing you again!