“Fantastic!!! Best of the best!!!”
Review of Villa Dubrovnik

Villa Dubrovnik
Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Vienna, Austria
“Fantastic!!! Best of the best!!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My family and me left Hotel Kazbek as soon as we got a possibility to book a room in this fantastic place. All we we hoping to find and have was there - fantastic position, spectacular view,
excellent staff, great food, perfect atmosphere, private beach, Venetian shutle boat to take you to the Old City.
The hotel has two restaurants, one casual above the beach and one more formal withnfine dining. Can not say where we have enjoyed more. The Sky bar on the roof of the hotel is a perfext place for aperitiv before the dinner or a glass of cognac after.
SPA and gym are great and the staff there very attentative and caring.
The beach, a bit wild, is very private, just made for couples and small groups.
During our stay, we never heard no, just YES, with pleasure
We have ejoyed it like being in a private villa of our own, but with a 5 star service.
All the other guests all semed happy, friendly and satisfied.
Spent there 5 days, hoped to have a possibility to expend, but the hotel was fully booked and we had to leave.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Dilondvik,
We are all very honoured and proud of your great review. Thank you very much for such a nice feedback and all nice compliments regarding our hotel, and especially about our personnel, which is the heart of our hotel.
I am delighted that you are satisfied with all of our services and that you spent so nice vacations at our Villa! We would definitely like to host you again here very soon!
Until then, I am sending you my sincere personal regards,
Mirna Loncar Strazicic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We've stayed at Villa Dubrovnik twice and it is an absolutely wonderful 5 star resort. The views, the food, the service, the rooms... everything is great. I'm a Four Season's fan so I have a very high bar and trust me, Villa Dubrovnik it at that same level with the benefit of the breathtaking beauty of the Dubrovnik. The private water taxi is so handy, don't worry about the very short distance to the old city because you will be traveling in style and relaxing for 5 minutes looking at the beauty. The beach is super chic and cool.... The food is better than anything we ate in town (and we tried several places, we want to try Madame Pee Pee, real name, but it was booked). The Sky Bar at night is wonderful... I could go on and on... the spa is great.... the beds.... damn, I want to go back right now!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank txzaza
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Txzaza,
your review is really flattering to us, it is a huge honour to be compared with so famous hotel chain as Four Season’s is, and we are all so thankful that you recognize beauty and high quality of this small hotel. I am personally really glad that you spent so nice time with us and I would be more than happy to welcome you again in our Villa Dubrovnik.
Hope to see you soon, Mirna Loncar Strazicic
Vitoria, ES
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed 3 nights in Villa Dubrovnik and we loved the hotel!! The view of the city is really fantastic!!! In 7 minutes you can go by boat to the center city. The breakfast is very good and the rooms also. The shower wasn´t good!!!! We recommend a upgrade in this item...

2 Thank cristianemendonca
Dear Cristiane,
I am really thankful for your kind review, and would like to inform you that we are so aware of the showers issue, and that we already have a plan how to repair that, and will do that in our winter plan. Thank you very much for all kind words about our Villa, and I would definitely like to host you and meet you again in Villa Dubrovnik.
With my best regards, Mirna Loncar Strazicic
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

International/global 5* pricing, but don't confuse price with value: Architecturally even better than photos suggest; stunning position facing south towards Lokrum island; (occasionally disturbed by a Costa cruise ship on the Eastern periphery) For 3 nights/good weather & looking to explore, the standard room is fantastic with East/South/West views including the old city along with plenty of 'wow' factor; (marginal complaint over modest shower) ALL the staff were efficient, friendly & helpful - to a fault; the food tasted even better than it looked & was quick to come; knowledgeable wine waiter helped find local Croatian gems; Spa ticks all the boxes; Swimming pool is fantastic, the 'rock' beach is modestly claustrophobic but nothing to worry about; Vaporetto to the city is super cool, but a late night 15min walk back is fine too. All in all, this is a very, very good hotel - enjoy!!

6 Thank Jeremy G
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Jeremy,
Thank you very much for so kind review. I am really glad that you had nice vacations with us and enjoyed all services in our hotel. Our hotel has very nice views from almost every corner, and especially from all of our rooms. Thank you so much for nice compliments to our staff, they are all very professional and doing their job on the best possible level. The thing which we will firstly do in our winter time when hotel is closed are showers, we are all really aware of that issue and will do all possible regarding that. Once again thank you for all kind words.
I hope I will have opportunity to meet you and welcome you here next time. Kind regards,
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed 24 August 2012

A good hotel see's to your needs, an amazing hotel anticipates them. Villa Dubrovnik is an amazing hotel. From noticing our water was getting warm as we lounged by the Adriatic to explaining exactly why, unfortunately, we could not have a late checkout (going as far as to show us the ledger of incoming guests) the service was superb and saw to our every need. The boat to the old town always seemed to be there just when needed and if not, the hotel car was at the ready. The rooms, food (anything can be served on the side as you like it) and hotel itself was just excellent. We are counting the days until we return.

Room Tip: Top floor (same as lobby) has best view!
2 Thank LuxHappy
Mirna L, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear LuxHappy,
Thank you so much for so nice review. I am really proud and happy that you had such a nice stay with us! It is quite honoured to receive so flattering review from the clients. We are all looking forward to welcome you again in our Villa Dubrovnik.
Hopefully I will have chance to have at least coffee with you next time.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Quite expensive but would certainly return. Spacious, well equiped rooms - would have liked the use of an ironing board but that is the only negative thing we can say. Pleasant 15 minute walk into the city, or half that time in the hotel's boat. Super food and cocktails, helpful, pleasant staff and excellent housekeeping.

Dear Lesleyd,
Thank you very much for your review. I would like to state that iron board is not allowed in the rooms because of safety reasons and regulation by Croatian law. We do have laundry service here in the hotel which you can use on daily base. I can understand your comment regarding this but we really want to minimize all possible dangers which could occur and keep our guests safe as much as we can. I do really appreciate nice comments for food in our restaurant and cocktails in lounge bars. I am happy that you enjoyed here and spent a nice holidays with us. I would like to welcome you again in our Villa and hopefully will have chance to meet you personally!
Kind regards, Mirna Loncar Strazicic
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I visited villa dubrovnik recently and as my family and I are all vegetarian, we had a personal taster menu organised for us, and it was worth every penny. Each course brought out new wonders it was by far the nicest meal I have ever had, I thouroughly enjoyed it, service was excellent, the staff were fab and the view was tremendous! I would really recomend visiting!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Foodloverrrrrrrrr
Dear Foodlover, I am really happy that you had so nice stay with us, and would like to thank you on behalf of all of our employees for such nice words. I am particularly very happy that you enjoyed your meals in our restaurant. I would appreciate very much your recommendations and we are trying our quest to feel like we can make all their wishes come true and make everything to make their stay memorable one.
Would definitely like to host you again in our Villa Dubrovnik and hope to have chance to meet you personally!
With my best regards, Mirna Loncar Strazicic