“Just wonderful”
Review of Villa Dubrovnik

Villa Dubrovnik
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am a fan of Small Luxury Hotels of the World that is why I picked this hotel to stay 4 nights in Dubrovnik.... it is really fantastic, the view, the ambiance, the décor , the smell , the rooms and the helpers are really nice and well trained. It is missing a few detail to be wonderful and perfect.
Everywhere you are in the hotel the view is awesome, the restaurant has a privileged location, but the food has a lot to improve, the presentations is fine but misses flavor and balance and quantity,,, and the wine list is unnecessarily too pricey.... and the system of the breakfast also could be changed for a nice buffet with some to order and not everything to be ordered, for a breakfast is reallu complicated as each person has a way... could be like the also wonderful Casa Angelina in Amalfi Coast...

Room Tip: Any room has sea view so...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Ligia179,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay at Villa Dubrovnik. I am thrilled by your kind remarks It’s really great that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and service. Thank you for your thoughtful recommendation for the restaurant which we will definitely look it through and take into consideration.

I would be delighted to welcome you back on your next visit to Dubrovnik, and hopefully having the chance to meet you in person!

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Such a wonderful place to stay. Fantastic service. Friendly and efficient staff. Nothing is too much trouble. Very comfortable rooms. Delicious food. Worth every penny. The hotel is built on the side of a cliff so you can take a lift up and down to each level for either your room, the sea, the pool or restaurant. They have a gorgeous boat to take you 5 minutes across to the old city. The rooms are well designed all with sea views and balconies. A really lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Molly W ,

I was so pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to especially thank you for your very kind words about the team.

We do have very high standard for both customer service and our overall guest experience, and I am pleased to hear your experience exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Warm regards

Reviewed 28 July 2013

If Dubrovnik is where magic happens, Villa Dubrovnik is where dreams come true! A wonderful, friendly and homely place to spend a holiday whether its for a romantic getaway or a crazy party weekend. The staff have exceeded all expectations and have gone way beyond the 5* customer service hotels of the same profile offer. I have not yet experienced a view such as the one you get from the restaurant at villa Dubrovnik. I was faced with a difficult task - do I eat or continue staring at the breathtaking sunset? Rooms impeccably tidy and comfortable - one needs to make sure they don't oversleep their alarm and let a whole day of sun pass by whilst snoozing away in the wonderfully comfortable beds (guilty!)
Top choice in Dubrovnik - to suit blurry nights or lovey dovey weekends!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear L3P2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions from Villa Dubrovnik.
It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything from our wonderful team in the restaurant , spa and reception to the splendid view of the Old City.
Thank you and see you in our Villa.

Till then sending you best regards from Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Ive stayed in villa dubrovnik for a short, but sweet, weekend mid
July.I work in consulting, which means really long hours and Villa
Dubrovnik is exactly what I needed to recharge. I left the hotel only
once I arrived friday evening and only had a glass of wine in the bar on
the fifth floor. Great selection of wine and really romantic
surrounding! Saturday morning had amazing eggs benedict on the
restaurant's beautiful terrace with a view to die for. Yes, I admit it
is pricey but the food and the warm croissants combined with the
flawless service was definitely worth it.i havent had the chance to
explore the spa much, just went for a quick manicure and the lady
(Stella I think) was super nice and did a great job! Next time ill take
advantage of the spa a bit more,they even use organic cosmetics! My
friend and I spent the day on the beach sipping on refreshing Moet Ice
and had lunch in the garden above - be sure to ask for the catch of
the day; I've had scampi that just came in! Finally, had a light dinner
in the restaurant-Had risotto with asparagus and shrimps and my friend
had angel hair past;both too good! We loved our waiter Domagoj! After we
took the beautiful venetian boat to town and had a drink on
Stradun,love watching people really dressed up strolling down the
street. Went to the club Revelin for some dancing and took a taxi back
to the hotel-rip off.try walking back instead, its only
10-15minutes. All the staff I've met was really nice and made us feel
at home at all times. Happy I've checked the hotel out because some
reviews and photos really dont do the place justice. I will try to come
back in autumn for a longer and more romantic stay with hubbie, also
when dubrovnik is not so crowded.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lucija V ,

Thank you for your very pleasing review. I am extremely happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are very proud to have colleagues who are exceptional Ambassadors for our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed dinner in our restaurant Pjerin, particularly our daily specialties and outdoor seating. I am thrilled to know that you experienced the same service in our Spa centre.

We are looking forward to your return visit in Autumn and we highly encourage you to experience a Romance Forever package which combines dining and spa experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I'm a frequent traveler, stayed at a number of hotels all around the world and the time at Villa Dubrovnik was absolutely superb. I stayed 3 nights in March, the low season, simply the best service ever. I took a cab from the bus terminal and there was a doorman welcoming me from the elevator on the top level. He took care of my luggage and offered me a drink while I was checking- in. The room was spacious enough and there was BVLGARI toilette stuff in the bathroom. The view from the balcony was breathtaking since I was able to see and feel the sound of the sea. In the next morning I tried their breakfast (20 euros) and I got to pick everything I wanted from the menu. I loved their omelette, considering the Croatian food is bit salty, the omelette tasted perfect and also pancakes with house-made jams were one of the best I've ever had. I have also been to the every well-known restaurants in the town but the food from the hotel is so much better with a reasonable price. I recommend their tuna steak.
Because it was the low season, a boat to the main gate did not operate, instead, they offered me a ride to the gate every time I needed. Everything was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank movenpick11

Dear movenpick11

Thank you for taking the time to give such encouraging feedback on your recent stay at Villa Dubrovnik. I am so pleased that you specially enjoyed our food and service. This is what we really want to achieve, high standard of service while preparing local dishes, a real taste of Dubrovnik.
Your kind words about the service you received are much appreciated and I look forward to sharing them with the team.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Villa Dubrovnik is a modern hotel in an amazing location - we just stayed for a week. Food in the much vaunted 'fine dining' restaurant was ordinary - I had overcooked scallops and tasteless pork but the service was good but not worth 1300 kuna it cost - way more than a good London restaurant. We were shocked to find they charge €50 for a front row sun bed on the beach - considering this is a 5* hotel, how can they rip people off when they are already paying good money to stay. However, the beach boys that worked there were terrific and very helpful. Some of the restaurant staff were surly and charmless - not what we expected. The vaporetto boat service to Dubrovniuk was a highlight and good service. Breakfast was OK but should be a buffet for €30 a head. Certainly the room we had on floor 3 had good views and was well looked after. The spa was also a highlight, very professional and enjoyable. My only other gripe is paying 40 kuna for local bottled water which most other 5* hotels give for free - this is just plain greedy.

Room Tip: level 3 or 4
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mike271955

Dear Mike271955,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
Since recently your wife also posted the comment there is no need for my detailed response again. After leaving you several messages that I want to meet with you and as well as complimentary treatment, I am sorry that you didn’t find time because for it. Our major goal is to make all of our guest happy, even though you have different opinions than majority of our guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed 8 nights i July. The hotel is simply fantastic. We were picked up by one of the hotel's comfortable cars at the airport. After a 30 min. drive we arrived in Dubrovnik and the Villa. Entering the villa is breathtaking. Its panoramic view (the island of Lokrum and the ocean) and friendly reception is exceptional. Marcel served us our first lunch as well as our last breakfast on our day of departure; friendly, present and always with a smile. Everyone at the resturante were kind and helpful. Such a treat. The resturante is first class with is terrace, fantastic view (the island of Lokrum and the old town of Dubrovnik) and outstanding food. The breakfast is special. Try it! The housekeeping staff did a brilliant job. The gym and the spa was outstanding. When we went to the city it was a 15 min. beautiful walk or we took the boat. The villa's own boat service. Excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Espen B,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Villa Dubrovnik. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to experience our restaurant & spa facilities. Thank you also for highlighting the team’s efforts here at the hotel. It will give me great pleasure to share your review with them.

We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards from Villa,