“Luxury break”
Review of Villa Dubrovnik

Villa Dubrovnik
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel setting is stunning. Room views are the best. We stayed in a superior room (cheapest one) and the room and view was still incredible. Bedroom was lovely and bed really comfy. I would suggest they improve the showers as the pressure is weak but otherwise faultless.

The swimming pool is amazing - it is indoor but the doors were all opened up so had a lovely outside feel. The day beds around the pool were of high standard. There is also sun beds around the sea - these look a bit tired and could be replaced. Again it was a fantastic view of the sea and we loved the setting set into the cliff front.

The staff at the hotel were all lovely. The service around the pool and sea sun beds was excellent, likewise the staff at reception and in the dining area. We ate breakfast and lunch and both were of high standard and reasonably priced.

There is a open bar with lovely views of the old town on the top floor. The design is modern and nice but could be improved to give uninterrupted views of the old town rather than wooden chunky poles that get in the way of the views from the sofas.

The drinks are pricey and very small 150 ml wine rather than the norm 175 ml which is a shame this could be improved and they may find more people stay and drink more. The decking around the pool and bedroom terraces also is a bit tired but these are minor moans.

We both had massages and I would highly recommend - again UK prices plus mine was around £80 for 1 hour and my other half had a 45 min one for around £45 but it was very good.

All in all an excellent hotel, pricy but worth it.

1  Thank Littlemisskatef
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Littlemisskatef

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the hotel and that you found the service and staff to be of a high standard. I am glad that you liked our a la carte breakfast and spa massage. Our aim is to be unique at each moment and served the guest.

We appreciate your feedback. It helps us to ensure that the procedures we have in place support the needs of our guests and if necessary do the improvements. That is why remarks such as yours are so important.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us - the team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Villa Dubrovnik on another occasion.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Me and my boy friend stayed different hotel the day before. In that day we went to port ( the hotel supporsed to pick us up!) we arrived on time but the boat didn't come for so long without any contact.. so we decided to call them then they said " Sorry , sea current is strong today so we can't pick you up" we asked why they can't call us earlier?" we actually even booked it the day before from different hotel. Additionally we were waiting them under the intense sunshine with our big luggage. if they called up earlier we could've gone to hotel by taxi from our hotel. Eventually the porters came without apologised and manager man was waited us in front of taxi. He was quite nice guy but we were still angry about that. After arrived hotel he escort us hotels and apologised again. This hotel suppose to be 5 star hotels. I wonder if this manager guy could gave us 1 glass of wine or something AT LEAST. It was very disappointed.

8  Thank Kaorinajp
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Kaorinajp,

I appreciate you taking the time to give such detailed feedback on your recent stay at Villa Dubrovnik.
It is greatly disappointing to learn that we failed to meet your expectations and that you had such experience on your arrival to our Villa. The fact that you felt ignored has been directly addressed to my Front Office Manager in order to ensure the warm welcome and recognition of our guests constantly. My Front Office manager truly regrets for such occasion and apologize that he didn’t recognize and do the best solution.
Again I am so sorry that I was not aware of such issue because I would definitely try to solve that and personally take care of it and meet you in a person. I really regret that we did that kind of mistake and service which is not our standard and that my Manager didn’t do adequate recovery on the spot. Unfortunately I cannot turn back the time , but hope you will accept my apology.
Please rest assured that we took your comments seriously and made sure that this important process is not missed again.

Thank you once again for providing feedback that can only help us to move forwards in a positive manner.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

First of all, the view from our room was spectacular! We loved the food and we think staff is fantastic, always friendly and willing to help.
It was disappointing when we find out that we would have to pay an extra 50 euros if we want a front spot at the beach!
I would recommend anyone staying here if they get chance.

2  Thank cordecio c

Dear Cordecio c,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor community. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities as well as the service.

I understand your opinion regarding the charge for the sun bed for the first row. The main reason for such concept was not the revenue but rather to solve the problems that we had in the past years. In the past years we had guests who were coming early in the morning, leaving their staff on the bed as reserved sign but empty bed for the whole day. The other guests would complain on such action because they also wanted to use the first row. We implemented this concept for this season, but for the next one, we will take into consideration yours and others opinion and recommendations and make the best solution which will solve the problem on mutual interest.

Looking forward to personally welcome you in our Villa.

Sending you best regards till then,

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was very interested to read recent reviews which basically reflect our feelings.firstly,the staff are great and very welcoming.possibly the best greeting at a any hotel around the world ,and we have been to many.
However ,there are several improvements the hotel should make. First the sun beds in the beach area are more like a 2 star hotel and the service by the beach is average.not enough staff?
The rooms are lovely but a shower over the bath without much pressure is not great. Finally the wine is served allegedly in 150 ml measures but actually they seem more like 125ml.no problem but at that price?
As others have said, fabulous staff,great location ,but definitely work to do for the price.

Stayed: August 2013

Dear Jimbo56Manchester

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us this month.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your very kind comments about the service.

I have shared your feedback with the team regarding the sun bed and the service on the beach in order to do necessary improvements. We are definitely investing in the new chairs for the next season. Regarding the showers in the bathroom, we already did some improvements which I believe you will recognize when you come back.

I am looking forward welcoming you again and in the meantime I wish you well with your travels

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Dubrovnik and its surrounds has all the beauty and grandeur of the French Riviera. The Croatian people are warm and gracious, and the Villa Dubrovnik brings a Mediterranean sensibility to the Adriatic.

The Villa is truly beautiful and elegant. You enter through an elevator on the street level, which takes you down to a modern courtyard and glassed hotel entry. Perfect seclusion for "celebrity" guests. The staff is excellent and gracious; very service minded. As a small hotel, they really get to know each guest and their preferences. The Guest Relations manager, Matina Durovic, is a standout. Charming, thoroughly capable and totally plugged into the community she goes above and beyond to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of her guests. She arranged the best tables for us at all of the restaurants we visited. And, by the way, the food in Dubrovnik is superb (fresh seafood and produce beautifully prepared) and it was great fun learning the wines of Croatia. The Villa has a small but first class spa, and Inez is an incredible masseuse. She kindly rearranged her schedule so we could see her for a second time during our trip. The rooms are contemporary and well appointed with beautiful views and fantastically comfortable beds. The Villa Dubrovnik has beautiful al fresco dining options, and the Proscuitto and Wine Bar located on the roof is the perfect place to have a pre-dinner cocktail and watch the sun set over the Old City.

The location of the Villa Dubrovnik is ideal, being a 15 minute walk or boat ride or 5 minute drive from the Old City, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site for good reason. During the day, however, the Old City can be a bit much: hot and crowded with cruise ship tourists; so it was lovely to be able to relax at the Villa's private "beach," which is actually an outcropping of rock with access to the sea via a few steps. The view from the beach is extraordinary: Lokrum Island right across the way; the Old City in the near distance; and the brilliantly blue crystal clear water of the Adriatic all around.

We gave a couple of notes to Matina to make the Villa more of a 5 star experience, many of which she told us were in their winter plan: complimentary bottles of water by the bed each night; more handrails leading down to the beach; adding some heavier weights and a vectra system to the gym, etc. And, as other reviewers noted, the wifi is spotty.

We loved Dubrovnik and our stay at the Villa Dubrovnik. In addition to discovering the Old City in the late afternoon and evenings (walking the city walls is a must do), we chartered a day boat to visit the Elafiti Islands, and also went to the town of Cavtat (beautiful small resort area with a port, close to the airport) for lunch. My in-laws also enjoyed exploring nearby Montenegro with a hired car and driver; and took the cable car ride up to the hill overlooking Dubrovnik to visit the War Museum there. We can't recommend Dubrovnik and the Villa Dubrovnik highly enough and are planning a return visit in the not too distant future.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DCL1050

Dear DCL1050

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind words following your recent stay at Villa Dubrovnik. I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to share Villa experience with your family and that we were able to create some wonderful memories for them.
Providing the highest standards of service is something we all take great pride in here at Villa Dubrovnik and we endeavour to make every guest feel truly special. I am glad you took the most advantage of our location.
Thank you also for highlighting the Proscuitto and Wine Bar ambience, as the best place to enjoy the sun set over the Old City.
Thank you for also taking the time to mention Matina and Ines, I look forward to sharing your comments with them along with the rest of our team.
I appreciate your recommendations and note for the improvements which we will definitely put into the winter plan and implement it for the next season.

Sending you warm regards to you and your family and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

A beautiful ultramodern hotel on a cliff opposite the ancient city. Typical clientele second marriage businessmen. Vaporetto water taxi service to city a big plus although mysteriously it doesn't run at peak hours when you want it (9am, lunchtime, 8pm). Staff pleasant and with a refreshingly individual (noncorporate) attitude. Unfortunately several straightforward concierge requests met with 'that's not something we can do' (equivalent of the Gallic Shrug in found in other parts of Europe). Food good but not 5-star. Be aware (1) not all rooms have city view (2) in high season enormous cruise liners tend to anchor overnight opposite the main terrace. A very good hotel but not quite 5 star (yet?).

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank artyemm

Dear artyemm,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the Trip Advisor site following your recent stay at Villa Dubrovnik. Providing the highest standards of service is something we all take great pride in here at Villa and we endeavour to make every guest feel truly special. .

I was deeply concerned to read that you did not experience it at the best.
Please rest assured that the matter has been addressed to the mentioned departments.

Your experience is not representative of our usual standard of service and I do hope that you will reconsider and return to our Villa as I am sure that we will fulfil all your needs.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Upon arriving at the airport, Villa Dubrovnik had their own driver meet us and take our luggage to the air conditioned car. It was 95 degrees F, so that was nice. A short 30 minute drive to the hotel and you are there. The hotel is located on the Adriatic Sea and it has been finished just three years ago, spectacular may not be enough of a description for the fantastic stetting. You are on the water, the rooms are all facing the seas and islands, and when you want to go into the old city, your launch is located at the hotel dock. Our room was sensational, the food incredible, we dined both breakfast and lunch there and the staff was superb I highly recommend Villa Dubrovnik

Room Tip: The second floor