“Exceeded Expectations”
Review of Villa Dubrovnik

Villa Dubrovnik
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Having never been to Dubrovnik, I researched many of the reviews and almost settled on several of the other choices. I'm very glad I didn't. The hotel is very clean, modern and has amazing views from many of the rooms and the restaurants. As far as the photos go, I would say they are much more accurate than I've come across in the past. The hotel is only a 15 minute walk from the old town, but a very nice boat is provided to get there complimentary from the hotel (or a shuttle if the sea gets too choppy, which it tended to do in the late afternoon). When i was researching, I debated trying to stay either in or next to the old town, but I would say that's a mistake. It can get very crowded in the old town (especially when cruise ships are in town) and you will appreciate a quiet retreat to return to. As for the restaurant, there are several tables that are prime and if you indicate which you want to reserve, they are happy to do so. Service was impeccable and every time we indicated we wanted the room made up, it usually was within the hour. There is a small beach area as well as an indoor pool with food and drink service. Overall, an excellent experience and would stay here again as my first choice.

Room Tip: most have direct sea views, but some have old town views as well. you will see amazing sunsets if y...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LouisL100
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear LDavidL,

Thank you for taking the time to give such encouraging feedback following your recent visit to our Villa Dubrovnik. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the high level of service and that the team was able to surpass all expectations.
I was also glad read that you were able to make the most of our advantageous location.
Thank you one more time for choosing our Villa as your place for vacation. Looking forward to your next visit .

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated close to the old city- a mere 10 min walk. Close enough to explore easily but away from the crush of tourists from the cruise ships. A complimentary hotel boat also does hourly runs to the harbour for those not keen on walking.

The room was clean and had all necessary amenities. A roof top bar the perfect setting to watch the sun fall behind the city walls.

Prices in the hotel were steep,with both food and drinks expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank BushFreak
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear BushFreak,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit to our Villa Dubrovnik. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience and that you were able to make the most of our advantageous location. Our Vaporetto boat service is something unique that we offer to our guests to feel special and I am delighted that you enjoyed it.
I thank you for pointing out the great atmosphere on our roof top bar , which offers a great selection of Prosciutto from Croatia, Italy and Spain as well as wines while you can enjoy the most beautiful sunset view over the Old City Walls.

We look forward to indulging you again in our Villa Dubrovnik and looking forward seeing you in a person.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Villa Dubrovnik is in a lovely and quiet location just a 10 minute boat ride from Dubrovnik. The food and service in the restaurants is of excellent quality and the waiters very friendly. We were a little disappointed by the prosciutto/wine bar which only served one type of prosciutto although advertised several different kinds. We would have liked that other light dishes/salads or tapas be offered there but were not. The physical structure of the beachfront is poor, with many different platforms of various shapes and sizes, not always level and sometimes difficult to access with no steps. They have a first-row policy on the beach front which means that the loungers next to the sea can only be had for a charge of 35 euros. This is most unfortunate as most guests refuse to pay the extra charge and this means that most of the lounge chairs in the front remain empty. We stayed here twice for 4 days within a 2 week time frame and both times we had a chilly reception. However, Roberto the baggage-handler was exceptionally helpful and friendly both times we checked in.

Room Tip: Upper floors for the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Exploremyworld

Dear LesleyLI.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit this summer in our Villa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere and quality in our restaurant. I truly regret for your experience that you had in our prosciutto/wine bar . We present some type of proscuitto on our bar , daily offer , but you can order everything from the menu. I will immediatly review your comments with my team and make sure that those things not happen in the future.
Your kind words received on the service in the restaurant are also much appreciated, and I look forward to sharing them with the team.

Regarding the sun loungers charge of 35€ , we did this when we had a full hotel occupancy in order to provide the exclusive use of the first row since not everyone can have it at the same time. Moreover , the special food and beverage treatment has been provided to each one of them who used it for 25€ For next summer we will find the best solution for the beach club and how to provide the experience of it.
Thank you one more time and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel with great views from every room. The food was very, very Tasty and service in the restaurant great. you will struggle to find better views than from the restaurant and sky bar. the complimentary transfers in the boat is also great. The lobster holding tank in the main restaurant really bothered me a lot- I felt it was out of place. Service was generally good- my only complaint would be the lack of service at beach and pool.

The rooms were spacious and well furnished. All and all- a good hotel. Drinks and food are quite expensive though.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Reenwoud,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about Villa Dubrovnik.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and dining at our restaurant. As always, I look forward to sharing you review with the team here and emphasizing the area for improvements .

I sincerely hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back and creating some more wonderful memories.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous and still looks new, but I was disappointed with the service level assuming the price they charge. I was disappointed with all provided services, but mainly with 'beach' bar service and concierge. There was no service at the 'beach' after 2 and the concierge was not able to arrange any of the tours I wanted to do.... Also, went to lunch at the hotel restaurant and there were only 'dirty' tables, but the place was empty.... But, had very good service and food during the dinner! The hotel team is very friendly, but too young with a consequent, for my opinion, lack of leadership.... I have stayed at the room 406 which is the smallest room type, but it was very spacious, with a big balcony and an incredible view of the sea and old-town (the 4th floor is the highest floor and has best views). The bathroom is not as good as other top hotels... the combination of bathtub and shower never works well - it would be better to have only a shower....! The location is very good! You can walk to the old-town and nearby beaches or take the hotel van or boat! I expect the hotel can improve its service and I will then go back!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nice hotel but most definitely not 5 star. Needs some warmth to it. Not comfortably furnished with a minimalistic "scandinavian" feel about it. No music in the bar area or restaurant. LOTS of wasps. Would have been nice to have a sunbed on the balcony. Staff were friendly and the food was good. Although the views were beautiful somehow the hotel didn't capture that "special feel" it was a shame.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gilly R
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Gilly R

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Villa Dubrovnik. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore, your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

Thank you one more time and looking forward to you next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

What can I say. The minute you arrive at Villa Dubrovnik you feel like you are in a James Bond film. You pull up outside, get out of your car and out of a lift pops a person dressed in white who parks you car and takes your luggage for you to the 4th floor to sign in!! As you enter, the air conditioning immediately cools you down. Check in is simple then you and your luggage are taken DOWN to your room on floors 3, 2 or 1. You are also told about how to find all the facilities. It is seemless and you are quickly in your room.

The rooms are spacious, beautifully presented and have evening you need. No complaints here and the views are stunning. If you have an executive room you even get a private balcony with jacuzzi!!! Drink wine amongst the bubbles whilst the sun goes down!! Stunning. You even get a turn down service in the evening with chocolates.

Staff are friendly and helpful, always polite and ready to help.

Breakfast is great, on the terrace looking out over the old town and Island of Locrum. For dinner you watch the sunset. And MOST amazing of all is the bar on the roof. Drink wine, eat ham, sip cocktails and watch the sunset over the Old Town. Breathtaking and gives a romantic feel to the evening.

Then there is the boat from the hotel to the Old Town every hour which is great. People complain about it not operating when it is choppy. This is purely for safety reasons. Then a bus is provided. It really is not a problem.

This is the only hotel where you DO NOT pass reception when leaving the hotel to go out for the day!! If u need their help suggest you phone!!!

Loved it here and will return. Just for the sunsets. If you have a bit of cash to splash you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can afford an executive room then the jacuzzi whilst watching the sun set is amazing!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bezzer1

Dear Bezzer1,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

We aim to give our guests exceptional customer service, so I’m also quite pleased to read that you found our staff to be “friendly, polite and helpful”. Thank you for your recommendation, we will definitely take them into consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Villa Dubrovnik and hopefully for a longer visit. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known.

With all my best regards,