All reviewsrooftop barboat serviceboat shuttleold cityprosciuttobeautiful hoteljacuzzi on the balconyprivate boatjames bondwine barlokrum islanddeluxe roommoment you arriveweather permittingon the rocksindoor poolglass wall
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Loved this place! Stayed here for 4 nights and although the weather wasn't the greatest and I was rundown with a head cold, it did not dampen my spirit and my love for this place. I arrived very early in the morning and although my room wasn't ready yet, I got a tour of the hotel and then a map of the town to explore. Given the weather was poor, the water taxi wasn't running, but they had regular shuttles to old town if you didn't want to walk. The walk is very easy, and I am not the fittest of people! The rooms are exquisite with ocean facing balconies. The rooms are large and clean, with brilliant bathrooms with Bulgari amenities. Doesn't get much more luxurious than that. Evening turndown left delicious chocolates on the bed every night, which was the perfect nightcap before bed.
My only criticism would be the restaurant. I only had breakfast one morning and it was quite average. Usually a place like this would have a buffet, and if you don't have this, then what's delivered should be of a very high standard. Sadly it was not. And I also made the mistake of ordering room service one night because the weather was so lousy! Again, it was not great. Doesn't affect how I score the hotel overall though, I would just recommend you eat out at all the delicious eateries in old town!
One final comment I would like to make is a thank you to one of the lovely gentlemen that worked there and showed me around the hotel and also drove the minivan. I can't remember his name, but he was so lovely, and even told us a bit about the history of Dubrovnik and showed us the way to the ruins of the old Belvedere hotel. It was nice having someone with local knowledge. He even shared with us the stories of when he served in the army during the war of independence which is surprisingly not that long ago!
Love this hotel and would definitely stay again and recommend it to all my friends (next time though, I will go closer to Summer)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BmitchAdelaide
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear BmitchAdelaide,

Thank you very much for this divine feedback! It is always gratifying to receive such praise from our guests. Indeed we genuinely do our utmost to pamper all of our guests and I am really glad to hear that you have enjoyed it.

I am however sorry to hear about your dining experience for breakfast and room service and that it didn't meet your expectations. We proud ourselves in offering the freshiest products from the market on a daily base which our guests recognize and value. Please rest assured that I will personally double check and share your feedback with my F&B team and find the best solution. We are all loking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had 3 nights away from the children for the first time since they were born, so expectations of an amazing holiday were very very high. I had booked the Sail & Revive package with the hotel which included transfers, breakfast, a days sailing, loads of spa treatments and dinner on one night. I had booked us into a suite and the package said (where available) you would get an upgrade - well, we got the upgrade of the century! The door opened to our room and my knees nearly buckled as it is possibly the most stunning room with view I have ever been into in my life. Simply amazing. But the amazing thing about the hotel is not the building, not the view but the staff. ALL staff members went above and beyond at every turn to make our stay wonderful. They were happy, obliging, ever present but never in your face - just perfection. Gust relations manager Matina was a professional, so warm and friendly and all the spa staff were fantastic too.
The sailing day they arranged was also superb - the company it was arranged through gave us a skipper who again was such a lovely person and a total professional.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel - you MUST stay there at least once in your life.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nurette
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Nurette,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedbak which will certainly encourage the whole team to keep on providing high standards of service with a genuine intention to pamper all of our guests. I am glad you liked the Sail & Revive package and enjoyed the service all over your stay.

Thank you one more time for your words of praise! We look forward to your next visits

Best regards from Villa.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Traveling to Croatia has become an "in thing" and many are flocking there. Another reason to stay in total privacy and luxury at the Villa Dubrovnik, which has own small boat to take you into the town, no charge, and has its own pool and water front areas, The hotel has fantastic food, and breakfast is a real treat outside as you see yachts, water and islands. Lunch and dinner offer great assorted choices, fish of course is wonderful

The rooms: Ours overlooked the water and was amazing. You but have a water view. The water is magnificent and you need to see it rather than having it described. The rooms are large, the bathrooms fantastic and clean as the hotel just reopened 2 years ago. At nighty after dinner its a 10 minute walk back and its safe here. The town offers maybe 80 nice restaurants and all are casual No jackets needed, and summer months not even a sweater, as its hot.

The hotel has great Wifi, excellent service, turn down and more importantly great guides for hire. All in all its number one for sure here.

Room Tip: Water front with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank homerun183
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear homerun183

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedbak which will certainly encourage the whole team to keep on providing high standards of service with a genuine intention to pamper all of our guests.

I also thank you for pointing out your delicious food & beverage experience all over your stay.

We look forward to many other visits of yours.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hotel is close to perfect..
1. Good food: breakfast, lunch and dinner - right to the room service were delicious
2. Convenience to the Old Town: Hotel provides a shuttle water taxi ride to the old town
3. Spa was great: therapist did a great job in loosening my shoulders
4. Service staff attentive
5. Rooms are of a good size
6. Views from the room over looking the waters were breathtaking
7. There is a library to hang around in the afternoon for tea

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Powto
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Powto

Your wonderful review really captures the essence of what we all try to achieve at Villa Dubrovnik for our guests - a magical and memorable experience, combined with a seamless service. Thank you for your kind compliments and we very much hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Dubrovnik was our first stop on our Croatian honeymoon, and Villa Dubrovnik set the bar very high. The staff was beyond amazing, courteous, helpful, and kind. They went out of their way to provide the highest level of service. We had a balcony overlooking the swimming area and it provided an exceptional sunset view. Breakfast was included with our stay and it was worth every sent. Although it was a bit Americanized, it was absolutely delicious and we truly enjoyed it each morning. The walk into the city was not bad at all, about 10-15 minutes and provided a lovely view of the water and city. We did take the shuttle a few times as well and the driver was always extremely friendly. Our rooms were cleaned twice a day and we enjoyed the truffles they left on our pillows. I love that there is a little button you can press if you are leaving your room and ready for it to be cleaned. I felt that a few times they were waiting by our door to clean immediately (not a bad thing). The bed was comfy, wifi was excellent at the pool and the swimming area and the bar staff was also nice. The pool was a bit chilly but provided a good cool down after being out in the sun. Cannot say enough positive things about this hotel, highly recommend!

Room Tip: Water views are excellent!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erin H
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Erin H,

Perfection is our aim, and I am thrilled that we achieved it with you. Thank you very much for you kind appreciation of the huge teamwork involved in making every guest feel valued and welcome.
We are all looking forward to your next visit.