All reviews rooftop bar boat service boat shuttle old city prosciutto beautiful hotel jacuzzi on the balcony private boat james bond wine bar lokrum island deluxe room moment you arrive weather permitting on the rocks indoor pool glass wall
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed 5 nights in this exquisite hotel in Croacia. We love the place because is quite better than others, rooms facing the ocean, large, modern and luxuriuos. The restaurant offers a very good choice in the breakfast and we could not find any criticism. Our full stay was relaxing, short but with real pleasure. Just before we left we could book a sailing day and from the start to the end was very professional, just wonderful.

Perfect relaxing days is this hotel with amazing views to the sea, we will return as soon we have a new chance. Thank You all for a great service.

Room Tip: Everythis was very good, just perfect
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andreas Z
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Andreas Z,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent visit to Villa Dubrovnik!
I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services. Our team makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves. We strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a warmly memorable experience.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Loved this place! Stayed here for 4 nights and although the weather wasn't the greatest and I was rundown with a head cold, it did not dampen my spirit and my love for this place. I arrived very early in the morning and although my room wasn't ready yet, I got a tour of the hotel and then a map of the town to explore. Given the weather was poor, the water taxi wasn't running, but they had regular shuttles to old town if you didn't want to walk. The walk is very easy, and I am not the fittest of people! The rooms are exquisite with ocean facing balconies. The rooms are large and clean, with brilliant bathrooms with Bulgari amenities. Doesn't get much more luxurious than that. Evening turndown left delicious chocolates on the bed every night, which was the perfect nightcap before bed.
My only criticism would be the restaurant. I only had breakfast one morning and it was quite average. Usually a place like this would have a buffet, and if you don't have this, then what's delivered should be of a very high standard. Sadly it was not. And I also made the mistake of ordering room service one night because the weather was so lousy! Again, it was not great. Doesn't affect how I score the hotel overall though, I would just recommend you eat out at all the delicious eateries in old town!
One final comment I would like to make is a thank you to one of the lovely gentlemen that worked there and showed me around the hotel and also drove the minivan. I can't remember his name, but he was so lovely, and even told us a bit about the history of Dubrovnik and showed us the way to the ruins of the old Belvedere hotel. It was nice having someone with local knowledge. He even shared with us the stories of when he served in the army during the war of independence which is surprisingly not that long ago!
Love this hotel and would definitely stay again and recommend it to all my friends (next time though, I will go closer to Summer)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BmitchAdelaide
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear BmitchAdelaide,

Thank you very much for this divine feedback! It is always gratifying to receive such praise from our guests. Indeed we genuinely do our utmost to pamper all of our guests and I am really glad to hear that you have enjoyed it.

I am however sorry to hear about your dining experience for breakfast and room service and that it didn't meet your expectations. We proud ourselves in offering the freshiest products from the market on a daily base which our guests recognize and value. Please rest assured that I will personally double check and share your feedback with my F&B team and find the best solution. We are all loking forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had 3 nights away from the children for the first time since they were born, so expectations of an amazing holiday were very very high. I had booked the Sail & Revive package with the hotel which included transfers, breakfast, a days sailing, loads of spa treatments and dinner on one night. I had booked us into a suite and the package said (where available) you would get an upgrade - well, we got the upgrade of the century! The door opened to our room and my knees nearly buckled as it is possibly the most stunning room with view I have ever been into in my life. Simply amazing. But the amazing thing about the hotel is not the building, not the view but the staff. ALL staff members went above and beyond at every turn to make our stay wonderful. They were happy, obliging, ever present but never in your face - just perfection. Gust relations manager Matina was a professional, so warm and friendly and all the spa staff were fantastic too.
The sailing day they arranged was also superb - the company it was arranged through gave us a skipper who again was such a lovely person and a total professional.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel - you MUST stay there at least once in your life.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nurette
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Nurette,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedbak which will certainly encourage the whole team to keep on providing high standards of service with a genuine intention to pamper all of our guests. I am glad you liked the Sail & Revive package and enjoyed the service all over your stay.

Thank you one more time for your words of praise! We look forward to your next visits

Best regards from Villa.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Traveling to Croatia has become an "in thing" and many are flocking there. Another reason to stay in total privacy and luxury at the Villa Dubrovnik, which has own small boat to take you into the town, no charge, and has its own pool and water front areas, The hotel has fantastic food, and breakfast is a real treat outside as you see yachts, water and islands. Lunch and dinner offer great assorted choices, fish of course is wonderful

The rooms: Ours overlooked the water and was amazing. You but have a water view. The water is magnificent and you need to see it rather than having it described. The rooms are large, the bathrooms fantastic and clean as the hotel just reopened 2 years ago. At nighty after dinner its a 10 minute walk back and its safe here. The town offers maybe 80 nice restaurants and all are casual No jackets needed, and summer months not even a sweater, as its hot.

The hotel has great Wifi, excellent service, turn down and more importantly great guides for hire. All in all its number one for sure here.

Room Tip: Water front with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank homerun183
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear homerun183

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedbak which will certainly encourage the whole team to keep on providing high standards of service with a genuine intention to pamper all of our guests.

I also thank you for pointing out your delicious food & beverage experience all over your stay.

We look forward to many other visits of yours.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hotel is close to perfect..
1. Good food: breakfast, lunch and dinner - right to the room service were delicious
2. Convenience to the Old Town: Hotel provides a shuttle water taxi ride to the old town
3. Spa was great: therapist did a great job in loosening my shoulders
4. Service staff attentive
5. Rooms are of a good size
6. Views from the room over looking the waters were breathtaking
7. There is a library to hang around in the afternoon for tea

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Powto
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Powto

Your wonderful review really captures the essence of what we all try to achieve at Villa Dubrovnik for our guests - a magical and memorable experience, combined with a seamless service. Thank you for your kind compliments and we very much hope to see you again very soon.

Kind regards,