All reviewsrooftop barboat serviceboat shuttleold cityprosciuttobeautiful hoteljacuzzi on the balconyprivate boatjames bondwine barlokrum islanddeluxe roomweather permittingmoment you arriveon the rocksindoor poolglass wall
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I spent two nights in this wonderful hotel. This is a truly five star facility with large rooms that are attractively furnished. The linens and towels are first-rate and the Bulgari soaps and shampoo was a nice touch. The views of Dubrovnik and the Adriatic are breathtakingly stunning and the hotel is efficiently managed. The reception was warm and welcoming and the staff was very helpful in suggesting restaurants, things to do, etc. There is also a serene atmosphere that surrounds you at this wonderful facility.

My wife and I are on an extended trip. We have been staying at 5 Star facilities in Italy, Malta, Romania and now Croatia. Villa Dubrovnik provided us with a stay that was among the best we have had. This review would not be complete without me mentioning the breakfasts which were amazing. A vast menu of everything from pancakes, eggs, omelets, cereals, fruit, etc. were cooked to order every morning with great professional service. The view of the Adriatic and Dubrovnik made the delicious breakfasts special. I would certainly recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone looking to visit Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ase1707
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear ase1707,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Villa Dubrovnik. I was thrilled to read that you had such a pleasant stay and enjoyed your comfortable room, the quality breakfast and our fabulous location.
Thank you also for pointing out the warm welcome. Our aim is to constantly provide memorable experience.
My team and I are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in our Villa in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed our stay immensely.
The staff was warm and helpful. Rooms comfortable and well appointed.
The restaurant was one of the best hotel dining spots in town. Breakfasts were both served and buffet style with many choices. Dinner was excellent and while we love to venture out on our trips we had two nights here.
Each room has a spectacular view of the sea and islands. The hotel is on a quiet stretch of road about 15 minutes walk to the old city of Dubrovnik. Very safe and well lit so walking even late at night is wonderful.
The spa was well appointed and we had a very good massage one afternoon. A nice indoor swimming pool and gym round out this very well run establishment. We hope to go back to Croatia....a beautiful country with friendly people who appreciate their tourism industry.

Room Tip: I think all rooms face the water. We were on the third floor which was quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S

Dear Richard S

I thank you for ranking Villa Dubrovnik with highest score. The whole team and I have felt very proud of that.

I am glad to hear that you have very much enjoyed dinner as we proud ourselves in offering the fleshiest products from the market. As well I am happy that you enjoyed the spa treatmant.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

MIrna Loncar Strazicic

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and myself wanted to escape and celebrate our wedding day in the place where we could forget the time and the business around us. This hotel was recommended us by our dear friends and therefore we picked this. What a choice, super location, quality, service, staff, and so so relaxing atmosphere. Good restaurant, with the excellent breakfast, lunch and dinner service. Nice bar and spa area. And the best part of the sea just to jump into it! The staff has a great attitude and spirit which hopefully continues and will be kept in the future too. Luxury standard in Dubrovnik!

Room Tip: Everything seems to by seaside!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear J_Geronimo

I thank you very much for pointing out our "excellent" level of service all over the hotel. Indeed we genuinely love to pamper our guests and they can feel it.

I have passed on your words of praise to my whole team in order to keep on providing such high standards.

We look forward to many other visits of yours

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is in one of the most beautiful settings I've seen in Europe - great modern design, super clean, etc. The hotel has the potential to be one of the best in Europe (I'm certain it has to be the best hotel in Croatia already). All in all this is a great hotel and the staff tries really hard to be as attentive as you would expect at a hotel like the Four Seasons. However there were a few things that could have improved our experience at this gorgeous hotel. We stayed for three days and it rained most of the first two days we were there...bummer, but we are good at making the best of a bad situation. We asked the front desk to use an umbrella (should be standard amenity at a hotel of this level) - the front desk said they only had five umbrellas and they were all in use. Not good, luckily we packed one of our own but there were two of us plus a baby. On our second day someone from the front desk did save us one of the five umbrellas since we had a baby. That was very kind. Shuttle service to and from old town: this is a great amenity - especially when its provided by boat during good weather - beautiful!!! But one complaint is that the service stops between 2p and 6p. We inquired as to why they need to stop the service for 4 hours in the afternoon (right when you would want to go back to your room to nap, freshen up for dinner, have a cocktail on your gorgeous balcony, etc) and they said it was because the drivers needed to have a break. For four hours? Ok. Walking is fine or there is a cab so not a huge deal, except when it is raining. Room service - I ordered a hamburger. It was literally a hamburger on a large white plate, no sides or garnishes or even something to make the plate look less empty - so I ordered a side of fries. The hamburger was bad, really bad - the supposed beef was black-ish in colour and looked as if it had been frozen since 1989. Two other small nits about our room were that there was a 3 foot long crack in our sliding door to balcony and the safe in our room was broken.
All in all our experience at VD was very positive and the hotel and staff were pretty great. I would stay there again but I just wanted to provide some constructive criticism so that VD can truly live up to its potential. Its a magical place in a gorgeous setting!

Room Tip: A balcony is well worth the cost if the weather is nice!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cjs350

Dear cjs350 ,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us in our Villa Dubrovnik.

I am however sorry to hear that we didn't fulfil your expectations in all fields of service. Personally I regret that I didn't have a chance meeting you in person.
Regarding the umbrella issue, I believe it was misunderstanding. In our hotel we have exact number of umbrella per room, but last couple of weeks it was constantly rainy weather in Dubrovnik, which is not usual and many guests were using them and left them outside the hotel. We immediately made an additional order for the new ones.
Regarding the hamburger case, I truly regret for such experience. This meal is our favourite one and most sellable from the bar menu. I already communicated the whole situation with our Chef and he did necessary improvements. Also our Technical Manager repaired all necessary things in the room.

I appreciate your feedback and despite the challenges you have experienced on your last stay, I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you back with our undivided attention which is our standard.

Looking forward meeting you in person on your next visit. .

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We are here for our wedding anniversary. We haven't told anyone the occasion, but are being treated like we're on honeymoon! Staff all too happy to be of service, excellent food, the chef comes and discusses any special requests with you. Excellent wine. Excellent views of the old city. To die for. I have been to many top hotels but Villa Dubrovnik stands out as absolutely perfect in every way! Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear MrsLCHenderson

Thank you for your lovely review and we truly appreciate your time and high remarks about our hotel. We are so pleased that your wedding anniversary with us was such a memorable one. We continuously strive to anticipate the needs of our guests and to offer the very best in service.
Your sincere words mean so much to us and we look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary.