We stayed in deluxe room 407 and had a great view of Lokrum Island and the Old City. Since it's on the top floor, our views weren't hindered by the trees just below. Service was professional and friendly...although a couple of the staff members could be friendlier and quicker with a smile.
We only had some small bites on the rooftop bar/terrace and then poolside. Both times were delicious. I highly recommend the tuna wrap - I've never had a tuna wrap taste as good as the one at Villa Dubrovnik before! The food and drinks are definitely pricey though...as it seems to be in Dubrovnik overall. A plate of prosciutto, a side of marinated cheese and two glasses of house wine cost approximately $80.
The Venetian vaporetto to/from Old Town is a nice touch. The Bulgari shower products are good. Towels, comfortable bed and fluffy slippers were all great.
Since this is a 5-star boutique luxury hotel, there are certain areas that could be improved:
- Increase minibus and/or vaporetto service. While we were there, it was only running between 10am and 2pm, and then 6pm to 11pm...and it doesn't run at the prime dinner time of 8pm, and it only comes once an hour. The hotel is located 20 minutes away by foot from Old Town (and we are young), so it is a bit of a pain to have to wait for the bus/vaporetto.
- On our last full day, the hotel changed the vaporetto/minibus schedule without telling us and we were stuck waiting at Ploce Gate Old Town for about 15 minutes with no idea that they had stopped the minibus service and changed it to the vaporetto for the rest of the day. I had to practically throw a hissy fit for them to offer to send a minibus to pick us up at that time, when it should've been offered immediately with apologies.
- Although the room has great views and is nice and spacious, it has a bit of a business hotel kind of feel to it and lacks soul. It's minimalist, which I love, but there's just something missing.
- There wasn't any staff by the pool/sun loungers, and as all the loungers were full, we had to go find a staff member to help us set one up (which he did quickly and very well). However, having been just by reception a few minutes before, there were a ton of staff members there who didn't seem like they had a ton to do...so perhaps be better about making sure certain areas are better-staffed, especially when there are a good number of guests there.
Overall, I do recommend Villa Dubrovnik and really enjoyed my stay there. If I revisit Dubrovnik, I would return to Villa Dubrovnik!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Villa Dubrovnik, Croatian most exclusive hotel introducing an unprecedented level of luxury and style to one of the world's most famous cities.It is only few minutes away from the fortified beauty of the Old City of Dubrovnik. With spectacular views of the Old City and Island of Lokrum, Villa Dubrovnik welcomes you with luxurious accommodation of 56 sea-view residences. Soothe yourself with personalized treatments of the Villa Spa wellness club and discover excitements of Vaporetto speedboat transfers to the Old City of Dubrovnik and back. Everything is meticulously crafted to ensure the privacy and comfort of your stay. Dubrovnik's most elegant 5-star hotel invites you to share its unique Romance forever experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik