“Stunning, dramatic location”

Ranked #1 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Hong Kong, China
“Stunning, dramatic location”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here for a 4 nights a few years ago and had a very enjoyable experience. The rooms are clean, contemporary and sit on a cliff facing the ocean, which is beautiful. They have an indoor swimming pool, a deck facing the ocean and a private beach. It is located a couple of minutes away from the old town - taxis are available and the hotel also provides a boat that shuttles back and forth on the hour (the service stops at about 9 pm though, I think). Food in the main restaurant is pricey, but worth having a meal in the evening as the ambience is unbeatable and there is a good selection of local wine. The hotel was so comfortable, it was a struggle to leave and go into the old town to explore! The Assistant Manager that was on duty deserves a mention; he was helpful during our stay when we wanted to extend a night (even though the hotel was full) and also when there were some 'lost in translation' moments with other members of staff. The only feedback I have is regarding the spa; the services, amenities and spa experience in general left a lot to be desired considering it is a 5*/Mr and Mrs Smith hotel. To be fair, my experience was average, but I remember my friend enjoying hers, so it may just be hit or miss. But at those prices, I would expect consistency.

That being said, I would still come back. If you are looking for an exclusive experience and LUXURY, definitely stay here. I stayed at another hotel for a night a couple of days later and it didn't compare.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank travellingah
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear ahar83,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our Villa. I am very happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and we highly appreciate your comments on our decor and our staff.
We have always strived for the hotel itself and our customer service to capture the essence of our Romance forever experience.
I appreciate your feedback for Spa which I will share and do necessary improvement with my management.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon and also offer you the delights of our cuisine.

Best regards,

Mirna Loncar Strazicic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent our first 6 nights at the Villa Dubrovnik. It's a beautiful property that made us feel very special. There are only 50 rooms which sometimes makes it seem like you're the only people on the property, which is fine with us. The views are spectacular and the beachfront with steps down to the Adriatic for a refreshing swim was just amazing, and our son loved the infinity pool.

The staff was very nice and accommodating and everyone kept the hotel spotless and fully stocked with towels and other amenities.

Breakfast was also delicious--with a spectacular view, though a little pricey. We also enjoyed the rooftop bar after dinner.

But the best part? The James-Bond-like speedboat that takes you back and forth to the old town every hour.

The only drawback we thought was dinner in the restaurant. While the wine and starters were delicious, the entrees were not good at all and very expensive. However, the bartender makes a great Aperol Spritz and we enjoyed many of them sitting out on the couches, enjoying the view after a day in the sun.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room with balcony on the 4th floor.
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kathy H,

What a great feedback! Thank you for that! Every guest is important to us. We love to pamper and look after our guests.
Looking forward to your next visit

Best regards

Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Ended our Croatia adventure with three nights in Dubrovnik. Felt like a King and a Queen at the Villa Dubrovnik. Outstanding service, views, rooms are 5 star, ocean and pool just amazing. Can’t beat this place!

Room Tip: All rooms face ocean I think. They are excellent! Spent time on balcony just jaw-dropping gorgeous v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ruthie T
Dear ruthie T,

Thank you so much for your words of praise! I am truly happy to hear that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us as we genuinely strive in providing the highest standards of service.
Looking forward to your next visit.

Kind regards

Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed for five nights at the Villa Dubrovnik.

The hotel is modern and stylish. The rooms are chic and comfortable. The view from my room of the old town was lovely; despite the plastic bag stuck in the branches of the tree outside my balcony!

The rooms are generally clean and the air conditioning is very effective.

The young and attractive staff are pleasant and helpful.

The hotel is located about 15 minutes on foot from the old town. There is car parking available free of charge.

The waterfront location is quite unusual in the city and provides an added bonus. The waterside sun terrace is very pleasant.

The water taxi to the old port is a real treat.

I do feel that the hotel is over priced. It is more expensive than many similar hotels in much more expensive cities.

I found that housekeeping was a little sloppy on occasions. I split a soft drink on the balcony and it was a couple of days before it was cleaned up.

I did order room service on one occasion. The food was nice but initially I couldn't reach room service operative and the phone diverted to the front desk. I was told that room service was probably busy and that I should call back later. That attitude is not acceptable at such an expensive five star hotel.

Mercedes were holding some sort of launch at the hotel during my stay. The hotel agreed to them booking ten of the fourteen car parking spaces. I was for forced to park in the staff car park.

The bathroom in the room had one glass wall. The bathroom could be screened off from the rest of the bedroom using a curtain but it did lot extend the full length of the wall and so people in the bedroom could see into the bathroom.

I would like to say that I found Roberto particularly helpful and cheerful. An asset to the hotel.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank PaulN
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear PaulN,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Villa Dubrovnik .I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay but disappointed that we didn’t go above expectations in all fields especially with our housekeeping team servicing your room and room service. Please be assured that your experience is not representative of our usual standards of service and I have shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper, Food and Beverage Manager and Front Office Manager in order to emphasize the quality service and what needs to be done.

We all hope we will welcome you back soon and create some more wonderful memories for you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel be it rooms (quite new, modern, but not over the top), bathrooms, service (warm and friendly) or breakfast. Amenities are fine (indoor pool) and decent value given the location, room size and quality. Hotel restaurant does breakfasts and lunches very well, though I think they try too hard on fancy dinners and loses a little bit there. Stayed for 5 nights, so got to know hotel and staff well.

Some minor negatives to know: Gym needs some more lumps of lead and machines to be called a real gym and there really isn't much of anything called a beach, so not suitable for going into the sea with younger kids.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Darby T,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to Villa Dubrovnik. I was delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy the atmosphere in our Villa and all the services that we provide. I appreciate your feedback and suggestion for GYM facilities which we plan to do in the future.
My team and I are sending you best regards and looking forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on the first leg of our honeymoon. We were looking for a couple of days of pure relaxation and that is exactly what we got. From check in to check out the service was warm and attentive.
The hotel is modern and sleek with lots of glass and chrome. Our room on the 4th floor was large and airy with a large glass walked bathroom and a fantastic balcony overlooking the sea and the old town.
The meals we had at the hotel although pricey were delicious and the local wines an absolute treat.
A highlight was the beautiful wooden vaperetto boat which takes you into the old town and back once an hour - I would say they need some better communication as it doesn't always run and we were left waiting for a boat that wasn't going anywhere.
The only part of our trip that didn't live up to the expectation was our complimentary 'diamond bed' treatment courtesy of Mr and Mrs Smith. It's a very weird treatment that involves lying in a water filled lilo while they play music and flash coloured lights at you - in no way relaxing in my opinion and left my husband and I totally bemused!
The hotel is fantastic, total relaxation, brilliant staff and top rate amenities. Would certainly go back again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear LJH08,

It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed the location of our Villa, view from your room and the service provided by our dedicated team. I truly regret for your experience regarding the Diamond bed treatment. It's an unique treatment with lights and sounds which our guests find as a perfect way for relaxation. I appreciate your feedback and we all look forward to welcome you again.

Best regards

Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great ocean front location, great helpful staff, great restaurant, contemporary sleek rooms. We would stay here again on another visit without considering an alternative. Only good things to say!
The hotel which is about a 15 minute walk from the old city also provides a Venice style boat taxi on an hourly basis.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear ZZZZ10

I’m so pleased to hear that you left the hotel already planning a return visit. I look forward to sharing your review with the team and welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,