“Absolutely stunning! Excellent service! Ambiance & Dining”
Review of Villa Dubrovnik

Villa Dubrovnik
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while visiting Dubrovnik and it was definitely a highlight of our 3 week vacation. The rooms are stunning and all overlooking the Adriatic. The staff is amazing and extremely helpful, booked a private tour and boat cruise for us which were fabulous. Don't discount this hotel for dining as it was superb! We all go looking for great places to eat and often don't think about what is right on our doorstep. You have it all here my friends including both a boat shuttle and private car shuttle to the old town which is only a 10 minute walk but after a long hot day it is most welcome. Would definitely rate this hotel as one of the best we have ever stayed in (and we are very fussy)!

Room Tip: From what we could tell all rooms are excellent. We were on the 3rd floor and as this hotel is buil...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer S
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you very much for this comprehensive, flattering feedback which encourages us to keep on providing such high standards of service. I glad that you enjoyed our private customized tours as well as the service and quality in the restaurant.
Again thank you for such words of praise and I look forward to welcoming you back very often.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Fabulous rooms, views, service, pool and great fun swimming off the rocks. Loved the boat to the old town although would have liked it more often. Peaceful, secluded and all very stylish and luxurious. A bit out of town so stayed here 2 nights and moved into centre for second few nights.

Room Tip: Make sure you have the sea view! Check boat times carefully.
1  Thank Sue P
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Sue P,

Thank you for writing such a positive review following your recent stay at our Villa Dubrovnik. I am delighted to know that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property and the different amenities that we offer.
We look forward to welcoming you again. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel is the best in Dubrovnik staff is well trained. Beach-lido is ver much swimmable if the seas are calm we were very lucky 2 of the 4 nights we were there we swam and enjoy the Adriatic Sea it was great . The hotel is half a mile from Dubrovnik very much walkable but the hotel offers a van and an Italian built boat. Make sure to check the schedule. Gym is small only one treadmill and you plan to lift well bring your own dumbbells the heaviest they have is 20lbs. Food beach-lido side is costly but good. Rooms are well appointed. We will come back and stay at this hotel

Room Tip: Make sure to request room with views of Dubrovnik
1  Thank ManhattanTower
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear ManhattanTower,

Thank you for posting a faultless review of your stay at Villa Dubrovnik. I enjoyed reading your feedback.We are delighted to be your hotel of choice when visiting Dubrovnik, The hotel is ideal for the leisure traveller with many of Dubrovnik must-see sights within walking distance. Also you can choose our unique Venetian boat transfer to the city and back. I am glad that you spent a nice time at the beach and you enjoyed it.
We look forward to offering you a warm welcome on your next stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I visited Dubrovnik this June for a 5-day stay and stayed at Valamar President (which is absolutely wonderful in all respects). Since I acted late in booking this hotel, I have decided to experience their spa massages instead. Luckily, I made the RIGHT choice.

Spa, Massage and Pool:

The spa center is designed in a very chic, elegant and refined fashion. Massage room is so quiet, expertly temperature-controlled and enjoys an eyeful of gentle, soothing ambient music. My therapist, Kresimir, is a native gentleman born in a nearby island and his fingers worked magic on my fatigued body. If you like massages as I do, you just feel the difference once a new therapist’s fingers touch your body. I believe that all therapists in here have been hand-picked and well trained. Thumbs up!

The turquoise indoor pool looks immaculate, every atom. Sun lounges are kept very very clean and covered with lovely pale bluish towels. Whoever designed this hotel deserves a hearty embrace. You can lie down on the balcony and enjoy a full view of the indigo ocean, interspersed with a handful of fancy looking cruise ships. In sunset hours, the shimming ocean is such a delight to the eyes. Perched upon a seaside hill, this hotel does boast an unbeatable location. And it has a little pier, where the hotel boat (the most LUXURIOUS one among many others in Dubrovnik) ferries you on to the Old Town. This fancy boat trip is definitely one of the many highlights, honestly.

Diamond Bed:

At the good advice of the Spa manager, I tried their Diamond Bed, which is a lovely experience. They led you onto a water-filled bed, moved two arc-shaped plastics to cover your abdomen, asked you to close your eyes to feel the music and light waves. The fancy lights oozing from the bed are quite a novelty, worth trying.

Pedicure:

I must tell you that I found the world’s best Pedicure Specialist in here!!! Her name is Ines. I did pedicures everywhere I visited and she is definitely the most considerate and best-skilled one. We had a super pleasant chitchat with her during the process. If you stay in this hotel for holiday, just try her pedicure skills – just wonderful! Ines, thanks a zillion for your recommended skincare product from Australia; it makes my foot skin a lot better!!!

Restaurant:

The main restaurant is connected with a large reading/sitting room, enjoying a view of the beautiful Adriatic Sea. Pastas are expertly done. Deserts are divine. Waiters are extremely pleasant. The manager, a native, talks with much charm and humor.

Gym:

Large, airy and well-equipped. Just one of the best gyms I have ever seen in all those luxury hotels with which I stayed in the past 4 years of intensive world travels.

Services and Staff:

Before arriving into this hotel for massage, pedicure and dinner, I called them quite a few times. Every time the line was not through. Which upset me a bit. Upon arrival I just learned that the hotel’s telephone system was being challenged: no one could reach them by telephone. Seeing my upset expression, the Spa receptionist offered a warm welcome and brief explanation, before they led me up to the wonderful Spa experience. When I finished the massage, the Spa manager was so kind in speaking to me to offer an apology by herself (she was actually being off duty that day). That gesture made me feel very, very touched. Besides, she even offered some presents. Oh my God, what are we seeking while on holidays? Services like these.

Thus I told myself that I must stay here on my next trip to Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Villa_Management, General Manager at Villa Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Duncan J,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the visit and appreciate your recommendation. For one day we had an issue with a phone line due to the thunderstorm and we did our best to fix it as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
I am pleased to read appreciation for the service which I will share with my team.

Looking forward to your next visit

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We only stayed in this hotel for a couple of days but felt at home immediately. The setting is amazing and the staff are very attentive and friendly. Initially I thought I may miss not having a beach but swimming off the rocks is great fun. Dubrovnik is a lovely old town and the shuttle boat the hotel operates a really easy way to get back and forth from the hotel. If we ever go back to Dubrovnik we will definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LisaM15,

I was delighted to read your glowing review of Villa Dubrovnik following your recent stay with us and I’m so pleased the experience went beyond expectations. It is particularly nice to hear you chose to stay at Villa. I look forward to sharing your positive feedback with my team who always appreciate kind words regarding their service.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The service is flawless, the location wonderful, the breakfast memorable. This truly is a beautiful place. We stayed as a family of four in two deluxe rooms facing Lokrum Island for 7 nights. We were located on the forth floor above the swimming pool terrace which was quieter than being above the restaurant area.

Fruit was provided on arrival with bottled water replenished twice a day. The house keeping was spotless although one day it appeared as though the room was made up in a hurry but this was just a minor issue. One day our daughters robes were removed and not replaced but once mentioned it was sorted in no time at all.

The evening housekeeping lady was extremely pleasant checking if we required anything, handing over small truffles in a little box each night.

All staff were friendly and as our rooms were located near reception each and every person spoke as we passed by.

The pool staff prepared each sun bed for a guest with a towel and menu. Once a guest had finished with the bed it was prepared for the next in no time at all. Waiting staff were on hand for drinks and food orders. The beach staff were also on hand to provide umbrellas etc. Swimming in the see is lovely and felt warmer than the pool. The toilets were spotless at all times. There were plenty of towels at all times.

We only ate breakfast which was delicious and well presented, preferring to take the boat to town each night.

Once or twice the boat was not running due to the rough sea so the mini bus is provided. We had a small hiccup on the first night and did not wait at the correct taxi rank. We noticed the mini bus speed by but after phoning the hotel they sent another to collect us. It turned out the silver bus which was the one we spotted and collected us from the airport was not the one collecting guests that evening. They also have a burgundy colored mini bus which was waiting on the other side of the road which we were not aware of so be a little careful about knowing where to wait.

One thing to mention as others have done before is the showers over the baths seem to have a mind of their own. The shower screen does not protect the water from spilling out onto the floor no matter how careful you are. Also the bath is steep so when getting out it is easy to slip. That said the view from the bathroom is wonderful with boats of all descriptions mooring up for the night.

We had the hotel transfer to and from the airport which was arranged easily and on both occasions ready and waiting for us so proved to run very smoothly.

We were all given a complimentary Diamond bed experience in the spa which proved to be very relaxing. You choose a program that suits you and relax for 30 mins on a water bed.

We were very happy with our stay and would not hesitate in returning or recommending this hotel to others. Thank you all at Villa Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: Top floors have the better view. Above the restaurant can be a little noisy and some views blocked b...
2  Thank Mrs721v

Dear Tracey V,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear that you were all able to enjoy Villa Dubrovnik Experience. It certainly sounds like you made the most of the hotel and its surroundings. As you have so kindly mentioned we always like to pamper our guests at each moment and provide the best of the best experience.
Whilst there is so much to see and do in Dubrovnik, we believe that Villa Dubrovnik very much a sanctuary and place to get away from it all.
I look forward to sharing your review with the team, and hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When we stayed there, we were amazed by this little boutique hotel with staff eager to help out. The hotel is in trendy Dubrovnik, but not in the center, away from the tourist dives. The interiors were spacious. The motif slick, yet elegant. It is a 10-minute boat ride away from the historic center by boat (which leaces every hour from the beachside of the hotel) and facing Lokrum Island, famous for its nude beach. Moreover, it could possibly have the best pool in town! They just need to polish some things around the edges.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple