“Nice makeover great location”
Review of Hotel Lapad

Hotel Lapad
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Dubrovnik
“Nice makeover great location”
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

We were upgraded on arrival and stayed in room 15 very nice contemporary makeover of a classic building. Room had all mod cons plus trouser press glass/ chrome bathrooms very nice Our room was huge with large super king bed breakfast is included and was huge loads of choice and great coffee we also ate in one night 3 course dinner served around the pool lovely setting great service great food and much cheaper than close by restaurants will definately return

• Stayed August 2012
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear AgentAbroad,

We are delighted to read such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us.
Thank you for taking time to share your experience on the TripAdvisor pages.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Warm regards,

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Hotel Lapad. Everything about the stay was fantastic, from the friendly greeting from the staff, to the spacious modern room was great. I had read a few negative reports but cannot understand why you would not enjoy such a beautiful hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and informative, and could do no more to help. Our room was modern, with a large double bed, a modern bathroom with bath and shower, and we had a small balcony that we could both sit on when the sun went away from the pool at around 6pm. The food was fantastic. Buffet breakfast had everything we needed and dinner at night was amazing with plenty to satisfy me, who is a very fussy eater. The location of the hotel is amazing. Overlooking Gruz harbour and watching the cruise ships berth was amazing. A 70 kuna fee(70p) took you on a water taxi to the harbour. The walk to the Old City is about 3km(40 minutes) but the no6 bus takes you in for 12 kuna. The Old City is amazing and the walls are a must as is the cable car ride. Outside the hotel you can catch a boat and do many, many tours. We did the 3 island tour taking in Kolocep, Sipan & Lopud.

Room Tip: Our room on 5th floor had a side view. I think rooms 510 & 610 would also have views of sea
Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear AndyA,,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay in our great hotel.
It is very pleasant indeed to receive such positive feedback, and I have shared your kind comments with the reception staff , who are also more than happy that you had such a wonderful stay.

Warm regards,

Katica Tepavac

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Just come back from a fortnight at Hotel Lapad and thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

The hotel facilities were excellent (good pool, great bar & restaurant), well managed and exceptiontionally clean.

Despite the age and character of the hotel, the rooms were very modern, comfortable and again very clean.

The only issue is a small number of sun beds round the pool (for the number of rooms), but due only to limited space. There are, however, a number of beaches within reasonable walking distance to counter this.

The hotel is on a main bus route to the Old Town, so perfect for trips to the beautiful walled city of Dubrovnik.

Overall, a thoroughly recommended hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I along with most of my family stayed here early July for my wedding. I am English, but chose to get married in Dubrovnik and what an excellent choice Hotel Lapad was!

The biggest praise goes to the staff that were very warm, welcoming and particularly friendly to the small children in our party (praise in particular goes to Kristina and Kiko).
The rooms and hotel facilities are very clean, breakfast was very good with a large choice of cereals, fruits, cakes and hot sections; I’d give it 10/10.

Our room was a superior double which was very luxurious with robes and slippers, although a couple in our party who were on holiday with their teenage daughter were not impressed with the glass section on the shower (and glass door on the bathroom) which allows persons in the bedroom to see you in the shower! However, there is also a shower over the bath. I believe this is only the case for the superior doubles as I went into a few standard doubles that didn't have this glass wall. My only regret was not booking a room with a balcony. My Mom and sisters all has standard doubles with a balcony and the view of the harbour was breathtaking!

The pool itself is a little small for the hotel which made it difficult to get a sun lounger, one thing to note is that you are given towels for use by the pool so if flying with hand luggage only you can leave beach towels off your packing list.

The beach is approx 10-15mins walk, turn left out of the hotel and follow the road. We had a disabled person in our party and she did this walk daily so it wasn't too strenuous. It is also easy enough to catch a bust to the old town, although a taxi doesn't cost much. If travelling definitely take Croatian Kuna and not Euros, some people in our party made this mistake.

Overall, a top hotel that everyone in our party said they would definitely stay here again (and there were 29 of us!).

Happy to answer any questions if needed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank BeeB0
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012

In the state archive museum there is a photo of Hotel Lapad which demonstrates that once this hotel had real class - exclusive - perhaps for those with a political sense too much class - but nevertheless it hints at a service and a hotel of the highest standard. I may be wrong about this. Photographs can be deceptive. However, I would not pretend that this was promised when we booked. The tariff is very reasonable and the staff are so helpful and friendly. They noted, without any prompting from me, that it was my birthday and sent up a basket of delicious fruit. And when we were booking dinner at a restaurant through the hotel I let slip that it was for our wedding anniversary they again sent up another basket of fruit with another congratulatory message. The personal service as demonstrated is second to none. However, I was disappointed at the size of the pool (I swim for one hour every day and hope for something quite decent to swim in) - and it is true though it did not bother me as I don't tend to lounge that the sunbeds are still bagged despite hotel warnings that they should not be. The hotel is not monitoring this as closely as they should.

The room was fine if a bit small and we did have problems with the shutters - when not open the room was very dark.

Also, I ordered breakfast in the room one morning and the tray was not removed two days
later from the window shelf where I removed it to outside our room. Not a good indication.

The location is good for a first visit to Dubrovnik as one experiences both the sea - there is a very good beach close by - and teh city. The buses run frequently and the taxi service is good. I absolutely love Dubrovnik from this first stay but I will try the Radissson next time which is just outside the Old City - superbly placed - as I would prefer to be closer to the Old City. But this must not take away from the excellent service we had from the front desk at Hotel Lapad. And it is good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My mom and I stayed here in June 2012 and it is a very nice hotel! It has a great pool and is right by the marina. It is about a 20 to 30 minute walk to the old town wall. The hotel had friendly staff, multiple choices for meals (buffet breakfast, small cafe open for lunch and snacks, five-course meal or a buffet dinner). It was very relaxing and we spent a lot of time by the pool. The Eurocup games were on when we were there and they showed the games on a big screen TV by the pool, which was nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice, easy, relaxing stay in Dubrovnik!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CanadianInKiev
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience about your recent visit and thank you for recommending Hotel Lapad to the future travelers.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the stay with us and that you liked our hotel and outdoor swimming pool, an oasis of calm and relax.
Our staff will be glad to know that you appreciated their attitude and they have been of help for you.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Guest Relations.
UK
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel is nice. I enjoyed my stay here. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The main problem with this hotel is that the modest facilities have been overwhelmed by the number of guests. The rooms are decorated to a very high specification - however they are small and there are too many guests (during peak time) for the pool/ sunloungers and bar. The food is just about satisfactory. This could have been a beautiful, stylish, boutique hotel - but instead it's a high-throughput business catering for the package holiday market.

Basically, the problem here is that people are reading the inflated reviews of this hotel and expecting a lot more than it can possibly offer. Paying extra for a partial seaview was a complete joke!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beebbb
Dear Beebbb,

We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for the nice comments about super friendly and helpful staff.
We are extremely sorry to hear that you haven't found Hotel Lapad satisfactory as you expected and that your overall positive experience and impression were affected by the number of guests.
We would also like to inform you that we are not 3-4 star hotel, but very good 4 star hotel due to the excellence of the service, comfort and quality that we provide to our clients.

Despite your remarks, we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again so you could get a different impression about our hotel.

Best regards,