Hotel Lapad
Hotel Sumratin(Dubrovnik)
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
2,291 results
All reviewslovely hotelthe busold townnew marinayacht clubglass doorside sea viewgruz harbourships dockturn left out of the hotelsmall balconypool areasuperior roomhalf boardturn rightevening buffetbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My wife and I, from Ireland, stayed in this hotel for four nights in April, 2013, and couldn't speak highly enough of it. Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff who were extremely friendly, helpful and efficient. I had pre-booked a day trip on which we were to be picked up at 7.00am from the hotel but realised the night before that I had forgotten to bring the voucher needed to present to the tour guide. I went to Reception at 6.00am to see if I could go through my emails and print off the voucher. The receptionist dealt with my request very pleasantly and speedily and there was no charge for the service. A bus leaves from directly in front of the hotel to the Old Town. The hotel itself is beautiful, spotlessly clean, bright with a wonderful staircase. We would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone and we will certainly be returning ourselves.

7  Thank Adventurer
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Adventurer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay in our Hotel Lapad.
We are delighted to read about beautiful, spotlessly clean, bright hotel with a wonderful staircase and extremely friendly, helpful and efficient staff.
Our staff tries to meet the needs of our guests and we are pleased to hear that they arranged a nice holiday for you during your visit.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is a lovely, boutique-feel hotel in a restored old building. The lobby is all marble and the rooms (we stayed in an executive room) very spacious. The bathrooms are recently refurbished and very smart with new fittings (although the shower cubicle is a little small - a very minor point). Note that the bathroom/toilet and shower have glass doors facing the room, so you need to be comfortable with your room mate :-) We stayed here for a special birthday occasion, which we did not tell the hotel about, but they produced a nice surprise anyway after figuring out the birthday date from passports at checkin. The staff were all really lovely and very helpful with suggestions and advice. It's about a half hour walk from old town, past cliffs with great views, but the it's right on Lapad marina which is a lovely location in itself. Recommended :-)

6  Thank happy_riad_fan

Dear happy-riad-fan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this great review on Tripadvisor.

I highly appreciate your very positive feedback regarding our lovely, boutique-feel hotel and lovely and very helpful staff.
t truly was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your recommendation and I am looking forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I would highly recommend this Hotel, especially for couples. We have just stayed here for six days and the staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was spotlessly clean. We stayed in the new part of the hotel and the room was excellent. It was spacious, light and airy and was cleaned on a daily basis to a very high standard. The buffet breakfast was enjoyable and there was plenty of choice. The bar also serves snacks and coffee. The Hotel is situated on a lovely waterfront setting with a handful of restaurants nearby. It is about a 25 minute walk into the old town but there is an excellent bus service which drops you outside the hotel and runs late into the evening. I would definitely choose this hotel again if visiting Dubrovnik and I have already recommended it to family and friends.

8  Thank Karza
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear Karza,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of the Hotel Lapad.
It truly was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you highly recommend it to family and friends.
We can't wait to welcome you back if you visit Dubrovnik again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Hotel Lapad is located on the waterfront across the little bay from a beautiful modern bridge and a view of the town on the far side. The hotel is lovely. It is decorated with a polished and simple attention to detail, artistic and modern blended with the lovely structure of stone. It felt new. Staff are friendly and very attentive and helpful though not intrusive. Breakfast buffet was a highlight with many choices and a leisurely atmosphere. Tours available each day of the week. Bus stop at the front of the hotel out to the rest of town.
Having fallen ill one full day, I spent one day resting in bed. The beds were on the firm side, but felt made of memory foam base and very comfortable to me. Great room service and personal touches that day - as kitchen supervisor made me a custom dish of creamed rice to help settle my upset stomach and brought me activated charcoal which was very helpful!

The 'castle' walls of Old Town Dubrovnik are not to be missed - if you only see one old town city wall this is the one to see. We had a lovely time hiking around it and getting the vantage points of a wall guard. I probably took 200 pictures, as there was another beautiful vantage every 100 feet or so with the mountain rising sharply on one side and the Adriatic on the other, the town and another fortress across a small, lovely cove. Great day.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are smaller than the photo provided but are lovely. Having a balcony (though small) was very nice. The potential view of the water from a balcony would be worth paying for if you enjoy a vantage point. The view from waterfront rooms without balconies may not be worth paying for, but the extra space is. The windows in the non-balcony deluxe room I saw are set in deep walls and that limits the feel of the vantage point, at least on the lower floors. If you are set on a sea view, get a higher floor so your view is set above the roof line below - the hotel floor plan staggers floors up a hillside like a stair step. The entire hotel felt cozy quiet to me. Never heard anyone else, though we did arrive at non-peak season.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Joyce0012
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Joyce 0012,

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform our future clients about your great stay.
We are delighted to read such a nice words about lovely and moern hotel, attentive and friendly staff. I will pass on to the entire team your kind comments.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The Hotel Lapad is worth a stay in Dubrovnik. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and the rooms of a very good standard. The bathrooms are particularly nice, with a rainfall showerhead. The beds are on the firm side, I prefer a pillowtop mattress so didn't suit me but may suit others. We had a little balcony which was lovely for enjoying a spot of sunshine, but no view to speak of. The breakfast was a good selection of hot and cold offerings so should cater to most tastes. The dinners were quite good and the desserts were very tasty. The hotel is located by the port and about a 30 min walk (uphill) to the old town, a much easier walk (downhill) from the old town to the hotel. There is a bus outside the hotel that goes direct to the old town and you can purchase bus tickets at reception. The hotel was able to assist us with organising an excursion to Montenegro. The hotel is ideally located for the ferries for a trip to one of the surrounding islands. The outside pool is spotless and would be a nice treat on a hot day, we were not able to use it as it was not quite warm enough yet. I can recommend this hotel for couples, families and single travellers alike.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank 1canucktraveler
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear 1canucktraveler,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience of your recent stay with other travelers.
It's rewarding for us to hear that you consider our rooms of a very good standard and hotel ideally located. Our friendly and helpful staff are more than happy to assist you with any kind of a query and they will do their best to provide you enjoyable stay.
Thank you very much for recommending Hotel Lapad and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.