“Nice hotel for exploring Dubrovnik”
Review of Hotel Lapad

Hotel Lapad
Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 3 October 2013

In June we (two adults, two kids) spent a week at Lapad Hotel in Dubrovnik. The service was very good, all staff members we met very helpful and friendly. We very much enjoyed the breakfast, as the hotel offers a huge choice. The swimming pool was a little crowded but there is the alternative to reach the beaches of Babin Kuk which are in a 20minutes-walking distance and at least in early June were not too crowded. Our room was spacious and clean but did have neither sea view nor a balcony. The hotel is a good basis to explore Dubrovnik, although it takes close to one hour to walk to the downtown area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The Hotel Lapad is beautiful, especially the older part of the hotel. I really wanted to like this hotel, but honestly the quality of service from hotel staff was much poorer than I expected and the worst we received from any hotel on our 10-day trip to Croatia. We were upgraded to a suite that overlooked the bay, which was excellent. Obviously, we were quite thrilled with this.

The lady who checked us in provided good service and was friendly enough, but that was the highest level of service we received. From there on out, the service from the staff ranged from apathetic to border-line rude on occasion. For example, I called one morning to ask what the weather would be for the day because the internet service did not work in our room (the wireless internet did not work in any part of the hotel). The front desk gentleman was very curt with me, and the most I could get out of him was that it would rain all day, which was not very helpful or descriptive. His attitude was just awful and not a good way to start my day.

Our room was quite spacious, and the view of the bay was beautiful. However, our room had some problems with moisture because there was what appeared to be black mold on the window ceilings and the bathroom floor had standing water each time after we would take a shower. The bed was adequate - not great but not bad either. The hotel provides complementary toiletries. Instead of refreshing your supply every day as every other hotel I have ever stayed in has done, the housekeeping staff collects the little bottles from around the room and puts them back in the little caddy in the bathroom. I just found this to be cheap and silly, especially given the price of rooms at this hotel.

The breakfast buffet was quite large every morning, and it was adequate. I tried to take some water back to my room, and one of the wait staff tracked me down and took the bottle away from me. I was shocked over this treatment for some water.

I do not know if it was just a coincidence, but the hotel seemed to be occupied primarily by retired people on holiday when we were there. As such, the hotel seemed to cater to this demographic with the nightly entertainment it provided on its pool deck/restaurant area. It was pretty cheesy sometimes, but very clearly popular. We could not find a seat outside the one night we tried to go.

There is not much in the way of dining around this hotel. You have to go to the other side of the Lapad for more dining choices.

Overall, I just expected better.

2  Thank BP4444
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights to kick off our Croatian coastline adventure.
Hotel Lapad was just a short bus ride over to Old Town. We purchased the Dubrovnik pass and it was totally worth it.
Hotel Lapad is an easy walk along the water to the bus stop.

The hotel is quiet (no bar attached to it) and in a great location. The breakfast was huge - something for everyone!

The rooms are very clean and average size. I would recommend getting a room with a view of the bay. Although, during the day you will see the cruise ships docked at night, it is a pleasant view from your balcony. And away from the bustle of Old Town.

If you are on one of the top floors, you have to take 3 elevators and walk down several hallways to get to your room - once you get the hang of it, its not too bad. But if you don't want to walk far, ask for a room on one of the lower floors.

The pool looked great - but we didn't use it. The chairs filled up quickly during the morning, so grab them early if you want a pool day.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms require less elevators.
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My favorite part of this hotel was the view from our room looking out at the harbor and the mountains and the rest of the gorgeous landscape. It was like a post card. I could have stared at it for hours. I loved the picturesque location even though it was little far from Old Town. It was definitely too far to walk. However, it was within walking distance of several very nice beaches and a few restaurants. It was also very quiet and peaceful. The guest room was not huge, but it had ample space and was clean and comfortable. The only thing that I did not like about the room was the bathroom. There was a huge glass door that opened into the bathroom which was very cumbersome and awkward and blocked the tub area when open, an obvious design flaw. I did, however, love the lavender bath products. The food was excellent. The breakfast buffet was enormous with a huge variety of choices. The coffee was not good. We also had a very fancy lunch in the restaurant which was amazing. Everything was so fresh, and the preparation and presentation were superb. I did not really care for the interior of the restaurant - a little patio enclosure-esque. I would have preferred a table outside, but that was not an option. Most of the public areas of the hotel were pretty and airy with a nice mix of old and new giving the hotel a very elegant feel. The pool area was on the smaller side but lovely, and I really enjoyed the gorgeous interior marble staircase. I never took the elevator. Overall the service was very good not outstanding.

1  Thank leon70_11
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here after our 7 day cruise around the islands, late August 2013
It was centrally located, easy walk to old town. You could also catch the bus which went past the hotel. The room was large and bathroom clean. Bed was very comfortable.
Breakfast was included in the price, no complaints. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marod01
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife, daughter and I have just returned from a week's stay in this hotel. It is a lovely hotel - clean comfortable and friendly. The rooms we had were ideal with small balconies. The beds were comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. I would like to give the hotel 5 stars in every category but I have 2 niggles.

The food was good and plentiful with lost of choice with the exception of the desserts. On a number of evenings they nearly ran out and staff were trying to find alternatives.

We like to relax after our evening meal but not in our bedrooms. There are no comfortable chairs in the bar and no lounge, so we had to sit round a table or go to our rooms.

A good hotel which with one or two improvements could be a great hotel. It very nearly is.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ReVAjH
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a long weekend and did not know what to expect. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are modernand well maintained we had booked a room with a sea view, however the balcony only had place for 1 chair. The hotel is located just outside of the city center in a rather quiet harbor. The nr 6 bus to the city stops just outside of the hotel

• Stayed: September 2013