“Lovely small friendly hotel with great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Lapad

Hotel Lapad
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Lovely small friendly hotel with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just returned from a two week stay here. The hotel is lovely and very clean. The staff are wonderful and very attentive.
We stayed in the newer part of the hotel and the rooms are small but beautifully appointed, and modern. They had everything you could want, free WiFi, flat screen TV, fab aircon, fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. I would recommend you upgrade to a side sea view room with balcony as we had a small garden area, albeit that we shared it with next door. It was rather lovely and the view of Gruz harbour was lovely and peaceful. Room 518. The food is great with plenty of freshly cooked food each evening. At first it appears there is not much food out, but they put out small amounts and replenish it regularly so that it is fresh.
If there was one fault then it would be the size of the pool area. It was smaller than we imagined but I guess with a hotel that is around 100 years old, it is hard to change some things. However there is a garden area to one side that you can move your sun lounger in for some shade or some sun depending on the positioning of the bed.
The hotel is about 25 mins to Dubrovnik old town but you can get a bus outside the hotel (tickets at reception) for 12 Kunas (around £1.32). There are also 4 beaches within a 15 to 20 minute walk max.
Would recommend this hotel, and will definitely stay here again when I next visit Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: Upgrade to side sea view room with balcony, as views fabulous
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MaryG47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We arrived early and were not able to check in. The bellman led us to a storage room to leave our bags. When I was taking off my jacket to put into my suitcase he told me not to worry "everything is safe here". He have us check tags for each of our bags and I left my new $110 jacket sitting on top of my suitcase. We were told the room was kept locked at all times but that wasn't true. When we checked in later in the day a different bellman brought our bags to the room and my jacket was gone. After questioning the front desk, bellman on duty and finally the manager all I got was shoulder shrugs. When the bellman took us back to the storage room to look for the jacket the room was unlocked. Finally the manager offered us a free (buffet) dinner which was nice but instead of just leaving it at that he had to imply that "after all, we really don't know if you had a jacket!" He was quite rude. That pretty much ruined our first day in Croatia!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Asia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Located in the Lapad area in Dubrovnik, it is easily accessible by Bus 6, is clean and modern. Staff is friendly. The wifi in our room was not working and the reception fixed it for us in a couple of hours promptly. I would stay here if i visit Dubrovnik again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sowicked
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in Hotel Lapad for four days, in the start of July 2014.

My room was very clean and nice, but I had to take two elevators to get to my room. And it didn't have a balcony. I wasn't expecting this, so it was no problem for me.

Breakfast was good, and there is a pool-bar where you can order small dishes like burgers and sandwiches. The staff at the Pool-bar was very friendly, and always had a smile to give away!

The downside with my room, was that the minibar didn't work. It was as hot as the sun. I gave a feedback to the reception on my second day, but it didn't get repaired for the hole of my stay. Disappointing.

Overall, it is a nice and quiet (lots of older people) hotel, with great hospitality. I would especially like to thank Mario in the reception for helping me with my calls to the local ferry company! A good hotel, but a little to expensive for a room with no view at all.

Room Tip: Avoid 601 if you can. To close to the hall, so you can hear people talking in the morning when you w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Neset_Olsen
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Neset_Olsen,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay.

We appreciate your positive comments and we apologize for the inconvenience with the mini bar.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope you will give us another opportunity and visit us again.

With best regards,

Katica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We planned to stay at the Hotel for four nights and had to leave after one night. The Hotel is built and organized for mass tourism and people who don't care if the room is clean and if you're literally being kicked out from the breakfast room when breakfast time is over. it has nothing (really nothing) of a four star hote. We stayed in an executive room in the vip Tower and the room was not cleaned, the carpet was broken and the bathroom was full of mold. A horrible experience and we really wonder how it could get all These excellent reviews. Never again! not for free!

Room Tip: am besten keines
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank samira b
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a great little hotel - the breakfast was good, the pool decent. My only fault was that its a little far from old town (About 30 minute walk). Thats fine if you just do it once or twice but for any longer its a long walk. You can get a Taxi of course - its £10 each way.
Room quality is excellent and the bed is very comfortable.
Overall id certainly consider staying here again if i were to return to Dubrovnik - which I would certainly like to.

Rooms
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have just returned from staying here for 1 week half board, and i'm very impressed with this hotel! The rooms were good, the food was good, and the location was perfect! My partner and I stayed on the 6th floor in the newer part of the building, and had a lovely view out over Gruz harbor. The room was modern and clean, and the maid were very prompt and always done a good job. The balconies were a little close to each other, but not a problem.

The restaurant was better than I expected, and the service of the staff both there, and on reception was second to none! The buffet style food was lovely and there was always a good variety to choose from.

The location was perfect, in between both Dubrovnik and the beaches. To be honest, the walk into Dubrovnik was a little heavy going, especially in the heat, so the number 6 bus is probably better, although it does get crowded! Also a 15/20 minute walk the other way along the coast (down the street behind the petrol station) leads you right to the beaches. Also take a walk in that direction and follow the road up to Lapad, and there's plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

The only bad point I would make is the pool gets very full very quickly, and we didn't bother in the end. I'm not sure why people would come to Dubrovnik to sit by the pool all day when there's so much to see around the hotel!

Overall a great experience and I would definitely go back again.

4 Thank jwhittle90