“Decent hotel good location”
Review of Hotel Lapad

Hotel Lapad
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights during a 9 day drip to Croatia, great location, room looked out over the pool and onto the harbour.

Rented a 50cc scooter for 200kunas a day from the reception which was great fun and a nice was to get around, although the main area in Lapad is a short walk and the number 6 bus goes from right outside the hotel all the way to the old town for about £1.50.

Stayed B&B and must say that the breakfast is absolutely quality cannot fault it at all, was very happy. The cafe/bar menu at the pool for during the day was reasonably average and we did not eat dinner in the hotel so cannot comment. Very good cocktails at the bar though.

No spa or gym in the hotel but there is a nice pool area, was hard to get sun loungers it's a bit cramped down there and there is quite a lot of shade due to the traditional looking walls/buildings.

Room was decent, quite small but clean and finished nicely. I had read previous reviews about there being not much privacy for the bathroom, it is a very strange set up as the bathroom door is glass and there is another small window looking in so privacy is a bit of an issue. I don't really understand why it's done like that to be honest.

All in all had a decent time here I think because we were a younger couple we maybe wouldn't be rushing back to this hotel if we were in Lapad.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcave87

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Overall this is a good hotel. Rooms are a little tired but kept very clean. Very spacious with good wifi.

Breakfast has a huge selection of hot and cold food and was very good.

Pool area is clean and provides towels. There are not enough sun loungers for the whole hotel but we found some each day. Had to move a few around. There is plenty of shade. Other reviews commented it is not that scenic - we didn't find it a problem. Yes you do look out onto cruise ships but they are over 100m away across the harbour so it wasn't a problem.

Hotel is fairly easy to get to town - buses run every 5 mins and it's a 5-8min walk to the nearest bus stop on the way into town and it drops you outside on the return. It's a 35min walk to the old harbour 50% uphill and 50% downhill.

Overall given the price the hotel is good value for money.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LondonHDL
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just returned from a two week stay here. The hotel is lovely and very clean. The staff are wonderful and very attentive.
We stayed in the newer part of the hotel and the rooms are small but beautifully appointed, and modern. They had everything you could want, free WiFi, flat screen TV, fab aircon, fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. I would recommend you upgrade to a side sea view room with balcony as we had a small garden area, albeit that we shared it with next door. It was rather lovely and the view of Gruz harbour was lovely and peaceful. Room 518. The food is great with plenty of freshly cooked food each evening. At first it appears there is not much food out, but they put out small amounts and replenish it regularly so that it is fresh.
If there was one fault then it would be the size of the pool area. It was smaller than we imagined but I guess with a hotel that is around 100 years old, it is hard to change some things. However there is a garden area to one side that you can move your sun lounger in for some shade or some sun depending on the positioning of the bed.
The hotel is about 25 mins to Dubrovnik old town but you can get a bus outside the hotel (tickets at reception) for 12 Kunas (around £1.32). There are also 4 beaches within a 15 to 20 minute walk max.
Would recommend this hotel, and will definitely stay here again when I next visit Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: Upgrade to side sea view room with balcony, as views fabulous
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MaryG47
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We arrived early and were not able to check in. The bellman led us to a storage room to leave our bags. When I was taking off my jacket to put into my suitcase he told me not to worry "everything is safe here". He have us check tags for each of our bags and I left my new $110 jacket sitting on top of my suitcase. We were told the room was kept locked at all times but that wasn't true. When we checked in later in the day a different bellman brought our bags to the room and my jacket was gone. After questioning the front desk, bellman on duty and finally the manager all I got was shoulder shrugs. When the bellman took us back to the storage room to look for the jacket the room was unlocked. Finally the manager offered us a free (buffet) dinner which was nice but instead of just leaving it at that he had to imply that "after all, we really don't know if you had a jacket!" He was quite rude. That pretty much ruined our first day in Croatia!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Located in the Lapad area in Dubrovnik, it is easily accessible by Bus 6, is clean and modern. Staff is friendly. The wifi in our room was not working and the reception fixed it for us in a couple of hours promptly. I would stay here if i visit Dubrovnik again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sowicked
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in Hotel Lapad for four days, in the start of July 2014.

My room was very clean and nice, but I had to take two elevators to get to my room. And it didn't have a balcony. I wasn't expecting this, so it was no problem for me.

Breakfast was good, and there is a pool-bar where you can order small dishes like burgers and sandwiches. The staff at the Pool-bar was very friendly, and always had a smile to give away!

The downside with my room, was that the minibar didn't work. It was as hot as the sun. I gave a feedback to the reception on my second day, but it didn't get repaired for the hole of my stay. Disappointing.

Overall, it is a nice and quiet (lots of older people) hotel, with great hospitality. I would especially like to thank Mario in the reception for helping me with my calls to the local ferry company! A good hotel, but a little to expensive for a room with no view at all.

Room Tip: Avoid 601 if you can. To close to the hall, so you can hear people talking in the morning when you w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Neset_Olsen
HotelLapad, Guest Relations at Hotel Lapad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Neset_Olsen,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay.

We appreciate your positive comments and we apologize for the inconvenience with the mini bar.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope you will give us another opportunity and visit us again.

With best regards,

Katica

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We planned to stay at the Hotel for four nights and had to leave after one night. The Hotel is built and organized for mass tourism and people who don't care if the room is clean and if you're literally being kicked out from the breakfast room when breakfast time is over. it has nothing (really nothing) of a four star hote. We stayed in an executive room in the vip Tower and the room was not cleaned, the carpet was broken and the bathroom was full of mold. A horrible experience and we really wonder how it could get all These excellent reviews. Never again! not for free!

Room Tip: am besten keines
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple