“Excellent hotel. Staff superb”
Review of Hotel Lapad

Hotel Lapad
Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 11 July 2009

What an excellent hotel. Friendly staff. Rooms extremely clean and comfortable. Cannot say one bad word about this hotel. Will be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 July 2009

good spot in old building spruced to good shape with views of gruz harbour - and the mammoth cruise ships it keeps afloat ... Easy local bus ride (no 6 or 9) to old town goes from outside hotel, takes abt 15 mins.. well appointed, fairly priced. pleasure to relax by pool but you have to chuck a towel on a lounger by breakfast (and a very good breakfast it is too, plenty to choose from). our room was two lifts and a bit of a walk but all refurbished to exclnt standard. can't vouch for meals other than breakfast buffet as we went out to eat but when we returned those dining poolside were being entertained by a dj playing Footloose. curt unsmiling service but that's how it goes in croatia - a bit of sternness never killed anyone.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I spent a week at the Lapad with our friends. We all had a wonderful time. The rooms were lovely and and the beds were very comfortable. I have never stayed in such a quiet hotel. I especially loved the shower. Staff were very pleasant and attentive. I can't wait to return to the Lapad and would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2009

The Hotel Lapad, is one of the plushest hotels I have ever stayed in and should be upgraded to a 4*. I thought the rooms were a good size, although I was in the newer part of the building and I believe these are slightly larger than the ones facing the front. I didn’t have a problem with the glass doors in the bathroom, there is a frosted glass door that can be pulled across to separate the dressing area and bathroom from the bedroom if you wish but in our room you couldn’t actually see into the bathroom from the bedroom.

I must admit the dining room staff do look like they are about to commit suicide, however the front staff and bar staff are very helpful and try to accommodate where they can.

We had towels with us, however I did notice that there was a stall renting towels in the morning if you needed them, therefore I assume that they have listened to the comments of the previous poster below.

There is a fast speed internet connetion in the room, and a TV with BBC world news and MTV. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom that actually works, and full toiletries toped up every day including moisturiser, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and soap.

This is a luxury hotel close to Dubrovnik and good value for money. I paid £112 per night through hotels.co.uk. I would recommend this hotel for a romantic weekend or week away.

A walk along Dubrovnik walls is a must, although go later in the evening when it is cooler because there are lots of steps up and down. Visit Dubrovnik at night, when the walls and streets are lit up. And an absolute must after an evening meal in Dubrovnik is to visit one of the two cliff top bars entered through the walls on the south side.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharon_qwerty
Reviewed 5 July 2009

I had not put a review on earlier but looking back at some recent reviews felt compelled to add one. We could not believe our luck when we arrived at Lapad after dropping people off at various other rather drab looking hotels. The room was amazing, ultra modern with views over the harbour. Food was more than adequate, lots of choice and good when considering that the Croatians are not renowned for their cuisine as far as I am aware. We found all the staff friendly and helpful. Not the place for those who want to party all night but peaceful and relaxing. Recommend trip to Mostar - amazing!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2009

we stayed at the hotel 7 nights from12 till 19 of june.
the room was small but very comfortable.
the food was very good and the staff very friendly.
we met some lovely irish and english people.
we have stayed in a lot of hotels all over europe and i must say that this hotel gives you very good value for your money.
every one we spoke was very pleased except some foolish americans .they always complained about everithing.
but what more can you expect if you live in a country full of mc donalds and burger kings.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pietje40
Reviewed 30 June 2009

The staff at this hotel all must hate their jobs, or at least they sure do act as if they do. I asked about towels for the pool and the desk lady rolled her eyes and told me that they didn't offer that luxury and for me to "not even think about using the towels from my room. There is shop around the corner." The dinner staff was just as lovely. The roon was small, but had a nice view of the bridge and a huge bathroom. Everything is very modern, complete with a digital display for lighting, a/c, and locking the door. The pool is great (bring your own towel!) and the area is nice to walk around, but is along the harbor area. The food was all terrible, dinner and breakfast. In my opinion it's over rated! Plus, no internet except at one computer in the lobby that was always occupied by staff members.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo