“A Jewel in the Crown at Very Affordable Prices”
Review of Hotel Lero

Hotel Lero
Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I have just returned from a 4 night break at the Hotel Lero. I very rarely leave a review but really wanted to make people aware of how great this hotel really is. The staff at this hotel really make you feel welcome and are all extremely friendly with nothing being too much trouble. The excursion service in the lobby is about one of the cheapest you will find and the assistant gives you some great local information and recommend you places to eat off the beaten track.The rooms are quite compact but with great storage space and the most comfortable beds I have ever stayed in whilst holidaying.The hotel restaurant food and choice of wine are excellent and very reasonably priced. We did eat in some other great restaurants including Vapour which is in the Bellevue Hotel ( 5 star ) the food and service were to die and we got treated like royalty. The waiter even arranged it so that we could use the hotels private beach for the remainder of our stay. I would also recommend a visit to the rock face bars, located within the city walls. This is a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. The entrance is through a green door located near the catherdral. Lady Pi Pi was the cheapest restaurant by far and was one of our tastiest meals the whole stay. This is located up the main drag within the city walls but up the steps (very steep and approx 100 -150) on the left hand side, but well worth the hike. The views across the rooftops and across the bay are spectacular. All in all I would totally recommend a stay at the Hotel Lero. I can't wait to return to use this hotel as a base to explore the rest of Croatia.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank pc2905

Reviewed 20 May 2011

This room had obviously been recently renovated & was the nicest room we had while on our tour. Staff was helpful & breakfast was adequate

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 11 May 2011

at first view the hotel looked nice but after a day or 2 you soon realize that it is by no means value for money. the food in the restaurant was excellent at a reasonable price apart from breakfast which was very repetitive, also if you go down for breakfast after 8 then most of the food had gone and not been replaced. they have a gym advertised on the hotel that you cant use as they cant get a licence for it. the hotel was being renovated and has been for the last year or so. work started at 8 in the morning every morning. it even came to the point were you had to watch it getting out the lift as not to step in too a bucket of cement oh and that bucket of cement was also outside my door on more then one occasion. the general location of the hotel is OK but could of been better. Im not a picky person but Id wish I had paid a little extra for a better hotel. ie {hotel bellevue}.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fletch1980
Reviewed 11 April 2011

It's a amazing to me when a 3 star hotel or above does not have a safe. I travel with extra locks for my luggage just in case this happens. It only takes one bad experience to find this an important issue. 20 years ago while staying at the Howard johnson's across from the Wategate all my camera equipment was stolen. Any way...

My first contact with the overweight lady at the front desk was not positive. She was was very rude and unfriendly, quite rare in Croatia. Luckily all other staff were very nice. Breakfast buffet was decent, staff were friendly. The room was average with an awful view of the back of the hotel. Coming out of the hotel and turning left you can walk to the Old Town in about 15 minutes (just make sure you turn right at the first major intersection. Stay on the right side, if you stay on the left side the sidewalk can be very narrow and dangerous. There is a bakery just 3 minutes away and a small kabob stand across the street.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank TravelCrazyMan
Reviewed 4 January 2011

The staff from the Hotel Lero is very politly and helpful - dogs welcome and the city is not far from the Hotel Lero - you can go by feet 15minutes or by bus Nr. 4 infront of the Hotel only 20meters - perfect!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Croatia3
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We were two families with kids, wanted to stay in Dubrovnik just for 2 days to check the historic attractions. Our plan was to stay short, and then move on to a beach hotel on Makarska Riviera. But after staying here, we so no reason to move. Our primary goal was after seeing Dubrovnik, to relax and enjoy the sea and sun, but having the beach right next to the hotel changed our plans. We checked with the front desk (they are really, but really nice, when we came we had 3 rooms which were allocated next to each other which I didn't ask while reserving, but the staff did everything to organize it for us - the hotel was full) and we were able to prolong our stay. Luckily we were able to cancel the reservation in the other hotel with no fees. Dubrovnik was fabulous, little bit crowded, but worth staying longer. The monuments are something special - remember your camera! The standard of food was beyond excellent, with so much choice and well presented (hotel restaurant with terrace). Decent prices (Old town is expensive).The rooms were very clean. We went on a tour to Montenegro which we booked ourselves through a lovely travel agent in the hotel lobby (would definitely recommend) and also went on a fishing picnic which we again booked ourselves on the nice promenade(other side from the Old town). This was a tour with lunch included (fresh fish, cabbage salad, bread, wine and soft drink for children). Well worth booking on this tour and on this boat. The hotel is building a whole new wing, and getting a swimming pool, which was almost done. It already looks lovely and it's a pity that it wasn’t finished while we were there. There is a lovely walk into Dubrovnik (around 15 min) which we undertook most days and there is a local bus line (no4) to bring you back (it is a bit up the hill) which costs about £0.90 one way. The staff is very friendly and they make an effort for every given task. There is something for everybody. We would definitely like to return

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank natasha222
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay at Hotel Lero. I was traveling with my husband and my parents. We arranged transportation from the airport to the hotel through the hotel itself. We were dropped off at the hotel and while we were checking in, the delivered our bags to our room.
We stayed in room 301 on the the third floor with a sea view. My husband, myself, and my parents shared a "family room," which is basically two rooms that share a bathroom with an extra toilet. The beds were really comfortable. I heard someone mention they just did some upgrades to the hotel. It looked really modern and clean. The maids were so friendly and kept everything tidy during our whole stay.
We spent some time at the pool even though we were more interested in the beaches. It was average size with plenty of lounge chairs. I've stayed in this area before and lounges are hard to come by! The best part of the pool though was the lounge. We sat and drank cocktails by the pool at night after we did our site-seeing.
The food was okay. Breakfast and dinner was good, but they could get a more diversified menu. I do recommend trying the house wine with dinner, it was inexpensive and very good.
My parents wanted to be close enough to the Old City without the expense of staying in or around the walls. They did a lot of tourist things while my husband and I just explored. This was good central location for both. I loved Dubrovnik so much and can't wait to go back with his parents. I highly recommend the hotel for anyone going to Dubrovnik!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple