“Kayak and Cycle Tour”

Outdoor Croatia Sea Kayaking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Croatian adventure travel company specialized in running private and group excursions suitable for everyone- from beginners to experienced outdoorsmen. Our knowledge and safety measures are the most advanced. And our itineraries are the most thoughtful, developed, and flexible for every level of experience.We're able to confidently make such claims only after almost a decade of kayak-guiding experience, respecting the environment, and developing itineraries for our guests. But, more significantly, Outdoor Croatia is fuelled by an overriding philosophy that quality - from our knowledge as guides to the equipment we supply during your expedition - is something deeply rooted and time-tested and not just something floating at the surface.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Did this tour with my wife and I have to say it was an all round excellent experience. I've done a little kayaking in the past but am far from an expert. Vedran is a friendly, entertaining guy and most importantly an expert at what he does. We were part of a group of 7 and at no time did I feel like Vedran wasn't watching over us whilst we were on the sea. We were provided with excellent equipment both for the kayaking and the cycling parts of the tour. Needless to say it was great fun and I would recommend this trip to anyone from a first time kayaker to someone a bit more seasoned. We also had a fantastic lunch part way through the day. Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I am a New Zealander that has kayaked a few times before, but I was really impressed by Marco's enthusiasm and knowledge. I felt like I learned so much about my kayaking techniques. The Cliffs and Beaches day tour was fantastic. Beautiful scenery on the Island with really high quality kayaking gear. My favourite part was how Marco was a super nice and chatty guy and had a waterproof camera to take photos of us. He even facilitated my desire to do a cliff-jump. Thank you so much!! My shoulders are still sore from the workout but it is so worth it

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Thankyou Vedran for such an enjoyable day.

Previous reviews fully explain the kayaking and cycle tour so I won't bore you with repeating it again !

However, this has been the highlight of our holiday to Dubrovnik, I would recommend this trip very highly, we are going to come back next year with our two sons and re book another tour with Outdoor Croatia, looking forward to it already !
Vedran and Marco

1  Thank smudgeBristol_UK
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I booked the kayak and cycle tour with Vedran and his company Outdoor Croatia. It was one of the most enjoyable excursions we've ever done on vacation. Vedran picked us up right outside our hotel and drove us to the Ferry. There was only 2 other people on our tour with us, so we knew we were going to get a personal experience on the excursion. On the boat ride (which was about an hour) he sat and talked with us, giving us insight about the town, history of Croatia, along with sharing other adventures and interest. He spoke perfect English, and treated us like friends.

We arrived at the small island of Lopud, where we got off the boat and head to his storage area for all the kayak gear. The equipment of Outdoor Croatia will not disappoint, it was nice, clean and up to date. They also had an extensive size selection that would fit the majority of people, also provided dry bags for our camera and clothes. After all the gear was organized Vedran gave us a quick lesson about technique and how he wanted us to stay together on the water.

We got in the water and started paddling to the Island of Sipan which took about 50-60 minutes. The views from the water were beautiful and the paddle was quite enjoyable even for us inexperienced kayakers. When we arrived we changed shoes for cycling and Vedran prepared the bikes. They too were off high quality and had a good range of sizes.

We biked to the other side of the island, which was a fun ride through the countryside with vineyards and oil groves. The biking portion was just enough to make you sweat but not exhausting by any means it was about 25-30 minutes. We then arrived at the town of Luka, where we enjoyed beer and lunch at a local restaurant which was fabulous and reasonably priced. We headed out to take some pictures of the fantastic view, then biked back on the path we came in on.

The return kayak paddle back to Lopud was just as enjoyable as departing. once we arrived back on land we quickly helped clean up the equipment, and had about 60 minutes of time to enjoy the small town before we boarded the next Ferry.

The entire adventure was very enjoyable and just what we were looking for. Vedran was very professional with great knowledge and equipment as well as a fun person to interact with. Thanks so much for being a great guide and really contributing to our vacation to Dubrovnik.

1  Thank Pk9_golf
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Marko and Ana were the best hosts we could have asked for, even driving us back to our accommodation at the end of the trip and e-mailing us photos taken on the kayak tour. We did the Cliffs and Beaches tour and it was fantastic. The weather was not exactly the best but Marko made sure we had a good time and were warm nonetheless. Ana responded to my numerous emails in order to make very specific arrangements to accommodate our concerns about the weather, safety, and others. I would highly recommend this tour not just for groups of friends but for absolutely anyone, even those traveling solo as there is plenty of time for socializing during the ferry ride to and from Lopud as well as the lunch on one of the smaller islands. Thanks so much!