“Avoid like the plague!”

Ranked #56 of 412 Restaurants in Dubrovnik
Price range: US$7 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Old Town, yet hidden amongst the dazzling town alleys, Segreto offers traditional Italian cuisine in a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.Our menu consists of authentic Italian pasta dishes as well grilled meats and zesty salads prepared using the season’s freshest ingredients. The selection can be expanded to include a course of fine Italian prosciutto, cheese, and/or mouthwatering dessert.The wine card offers a good selection of Italian and Croatian wines, while the drinks list includes some of the famous Italian cocktails, liquors and liqueurs. Both, modern rustic interior and charming terrace are the perfect spot to unwind day or night.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Myself & my partner tried this place even though it wasn't busy, it looked really nice & only another couple eating in there but the restaurant is small & it was April so we figured nowhere was busy. What a huge mistake, it really is a telling sign when the place is empty! Firstly, the waitress seemed more interested in conversing with her friend who sat at the bar the whole night chatting. We waited around 20 minutes for a starter of olives! Then came the 'cream of asparagus' soup - more like water of asparagus soup! Then the ultimate disappointment, a huge portion of lasagne, boiled meat, in a white sauce with breadcrumbs to top it off, to say this was the most disgusting dish my partner ever tasted is an understatement, it's like they didn't even try, no salt, no veg, no tomato sauce. It truly was revolting. I had the gnocchi & pesto which was cooked well but tasted of nothing not even the pesto. The white wine was disgusting too! Bad service, bad food, avoid avoid avoid!

DubrovnikAna, Owner at Segreto Pasta & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear reader,

Thank you for your interest in Segreto pasta&grill.

Please disregard this review as it s written by a competitor.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a very nice dinner here. I ordered Portobelo and truffles and he took Ribeye steak. The food was excellent. The atmosphere is great also. I loved the rustic meets modern style of place and the relaxed yet special vibe.

2  Thank lunariae
Reviewed 12 April 2014

As Dubrovnik is nice and sunny in April, perfect time to visit old town and walk by his famous walls and true Stradun street which is surrounded by various restaurants. So we found this cute and little Italian restaurant with very polite staff and sweet menu. Fresh pasta and juicy burgers and Nonino grappa made our day sweeter!

2  Thank Marijo M
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Nice decor, I visited in April when a lot of the most recommended restaurants were closed. I stopped for a late lunch after finding the other places I was looking for were all closed. Had the veal gnocchi which was good, service excellent. It's a small place great decor. Just in a small alley next to a main street with awful looking tourist restaurants.

1  Thank DouglasW832
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The waitress took our orders and when we were served my girlfriend got another dish!! The waitress were more interested in chatting with her friend than compensating/fixing our orders... Not good at all!
The food she got was furthermore not warm...

When we tried to pay with card she couldnt handle the cardreader.

Not recommended.

DubrovnikAna, Owner at Segreto Pasta & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear ulfm,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the wrong order issue, and spoken with the employee in question. We found that the waitress apologized and offered to replace the ordered within maximum of 10 minutes, which your girlfriend refused and decided to have the meal she was served instead. Even though your girlfriend finished her meal, she was not charged for it. We are sorry that you feel that the compensation we made was not good enough.

If you come back to our restaurant I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.