“Almost perfect!”

Hotel Dubrovnik Palace
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel ticked all the boxes until our last night. Function being held in hotel went on until 4am.Function suite on roof of hotel. Our room 2 floors below.Unable to sleep due to level of noise.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Somany

Reviewed 22 October 2011

We came to the Dubrovnik Palace for our honeymoon and it had the perfect amount of isolation from the Old City ....but it was very accessible to the Old City as well (there is a city bus and hotel shuttle that go directly from The Palace to Old Town). The hotel itself when you arrive honestly doesn't look like much at first...it looks pretty 1970's. However, it is amazing inside and the views from the rooms and poolside are phenomenal. The pool and sunbathing areas are gorgeous....so relaxing and perfect for our honeymoon to just lounge and enjoy each other.

The complimentary breakfast every morning is the greatest hotel buffet I have EVER been to. It was my favorite part of the day-omlettes, gorgeous cheeses, pastries, and a variety of mediterranean and western breakfast items. It was a great way to start each day!

The concierge is very helpful and the staff very friendly and kind. The manager even sent me a great cake and bowl of fruit when my husband told the front desk it was my birthday.

The only issue I had at this hotel was on our first night, the noise level of the other hotels across the bay in Lapad (the neighborhood where The Palace is located) at night. I called the front desk at midnight one night because we thought it might be The Palace's disco...but it was the hotel a mile away across the water! The front desk person did as much as he could to help the situation, including calling the Police on the other hotel. This incident only occurred one night and it wasn't The Palace's fault.

I would love to come back to this hotel and hopefully will do so!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenny S
h_dubrovnik_palace, General Manager at Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

thank you very much for your review.
Thank you for honoring us by choosing our hotel for such a special occasion.
I am so glad you liked our hotel and had an enjoyable and relaxing honeymoon.
I hope you brought some nice memories from Dubrovnik to last a lifetime, however I believe this is just one of your many visits to our city and to Dubrovnik Palace.
Congratulations, once more for both your wedding and your birthday.
Damir Lukić

Reviewed 18 October 2011

We finally stayed at the conference hotel, and not at a nearby cheaper alternative, and were verybpleased bybthe decision. The Dubrovnik Palace sits at the end of the #4 bus line in Lapad, about a 20 minute bus ride from the old city. ALL rooms face the sea with a gorgeous view of the Adriatic. The porches are also quite private, shielded from each other. The room has a huge bed, large closet and drawer space, large countervspace in the bathroom, free WiFi. These have all been issues in many other hotels. Service is good, desk personnel friendly and knowledgable. There is a large indoor pool and whirlpools, spa facilities, outdoor pool. And the bus runs every 20 minutes to the old city gate. There is an excellent restaurant in the hotel, breakfast was worthy of 5 stars. Few small complaints would not dissuade us from returning- not enough free electric outlets, no telephone on the desk, forgot one day to make up the room, massage a bit weak.

Room Tip: We got the standard room, colleagues did have suites.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
h_dubrovnik_palace, General Manager at Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your kind review.
I'm very glad you liked and enjoyed our hotel.
I hope the conference you attended was successful and pleasant as well.
Please, accept my appologies for the inconvenience in your room.
Thank you for staying with us.
We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

This hotel does not live up to it's 5 star status - which is why I chose it in the first place. My room had a awful smell coming from the toilet, I could hear the very audible sound of the person in the next room peeing and there seemed to be some sort of construction going on as well.

I would've complained to the hotel staff if I felt I would've got anywhere - however, after travelling extensively through Croatia, I found them to be not friendly, impersonable and cold. In fact, they seemed to act as if I should be privileged to stay there. In my opinion, this hotel is over rated and I will not stay here or recommend this hotel to anyone. There are so many other hotels/ b&b's and guesthouses that will give you much better value you for money, service with a smile and the same stunning view of the Adriatic. Beware - stars do not mean anything - such a bad way to end a trip to an amazing country.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Erica R
Reviewed 14 October 2011

First visit to Croatia - and boy, did we choose well! This 5 star hotel merits the greatest possible praise and is a tribute to Croatian tourism. Facilities great and staff could not be any nicer - friendly, helpful and efficient. Location breathtaking, convenient courtesy coach to/from

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank RayBillington
h_dubrovnik_palace, General Manager at Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

thank you very much for your review.
We are truly honoured you choose our hotel for your first visit to Croatia.
I hope you had time to enjoy our beautiful country and the city of Dubrovnik as much as our hotel. Hopefully, it won't be your last but first of many trips.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Stayed at the Palace for both pleasure and business Sept 26th to Oct 2nd. I was blessed with a suite even though I was by myself... Service was excellent, staff very friendly and they make their best effort to address you in English, the pool and beach were excellent, breakfast on the terrace every morning was exquisite! I had a massage at the spa which was one of the best I ever had (ask for Stephan!). The spa has 2 whirlpools, saunas and pool you can use at your leisure. Did not try the gym but it looked quite nice.

To bring from home: conditioner and your blow dryer (they have one, but it's not very good!). A mask and tuba for snorkeling right in front of the hotel.

Do not miss the sunsets! The bus to town is also fun. Do go up the trail in the back of the hotel. You'll have a great view.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and had a great view and room was quiet. I expect the view is obstructed on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Ti-Luce

thank you very much for your review.
It is nice to hear you enjoyed a little bit of everything our hotel has to offer. I'm glad you relaxed and enjoyed yourself and hope the conference you attended was successfull as well.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

My friends and I stayed here for 4 days in Sept. 2011 and it was lovely. I recommend that you rent Segways and tour the opposite peninsula where there are nice cafes and homes and beach. It was a pretty view from there, looking over at our hotel. The segways are really easy and fun -- a treat because they're not yet too popular in California which is sad.
Our room was nice, the balcony a treat, the pool was great great great, and the beach below very fun. All the staff were delightful to us. I can't say much about the food..... but it's not the hotel's fault. Croatian food didn't appeal to us much. The sushi bar was very elegant and had decent food. Loved taking the bus to the old town - met locals. I am so glad we chose this hotel instead of a hotel next to old town. Good choice. The prices in Croatia are so welcome after some of the steep and ridiculous prices I witnessed in other cities in Europe. Dobra Dan everyone. See you again I hope !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
h_dubrovnik_palace, General Manager at Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

thank you very much for your review.
I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed our country, or town and most of all our hotel.
We reccommend ourselves for your future vacations.
Thank you for choosing Dubrovnik Palace for your holliday.