I stayed here in August and found the following:
1. Amazing views
2. Comfortable rooms, big beds!
3. Great shuttle and bus service into the old town (it is worth noting the free shuttle service only runs 9:30am – 12:30pm then 6:30pm – 9:30pm so getting the bus is necessary sometimes the shuttle could be full at peak times)
4. Walking distance to lapad a typical resort with bars and restaurants.
5. Good breakfast (not amazing, not 5* in my opinion)
6. Guest services advised us on restaurants in town and booked.
7. AMAZING spa area really a hidden gem.
8. Sushi bar great, but around £50 for 2 people to have a small meal.
9. Free WiFi everywhere and use of business centre.
1. No sun beds past 10am
2. £8 for a cocktail!!!!
3. V.v. expensive restaurants, all mediocre (all of the restaurants in town were better)
4. Staff service varied, some friendly, none particularly good and some pretty poor.
5. No sandy beach
6. Tired looking bathrooms
7. Although all rooms are ‘sea view’ some are majorly obstructed by trees.
Would I stay here again? Definitely, just be warned if you want to stay in the hotel for the whole week and not venture out you will spend a small fortune!
• Arsenal (old harbour)
• Mussel restaurant (again old harbour)
• Dominos (amazing steak!) old town
• Mea-Culpa (great cheap pizza) Old Town
• La Brasserie (in the Zagreb Hotel) Lapad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beautiful peninsula of Lapad, the hotel's dramatic cliffside location, below the aromatic, pine-covered Petka woods, affords spectacular views in every direction.Fully renovated in 2014, each of the 308 contemporary rooms and suites all have private balconies and beautiful sea views. Great food and excellent service prevail. During your stay, you will be tempted to try out everything that is on offer: four swimming pools, one of which is indoors, a private beach, tennis courts, fabulous snorkelling and a PADI diving centre, as well as a leafy jogging path and walking routes through the woods behind the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Dubrovnik Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dubrovnik Palace Hotel