“the best location for hotel”
Review of The Pucic Palace

The Pucic Palace
Ranked #14 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Zagreb, Croatia
“the best location for hotel”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This was first time I stayed in a hotel in Dubrovnik, and I think that this hotel is the best sittuated hotel in Dubrovnik. Everything is close, and the best thing is when you go on breakfast in royal cafe and enjoy on terrace with some very nice meals. Only problem is that our room was not very clean, and bath tub in bathroom is together with shower; because you do not have right curtan and everythin was wet after showering. For me that is very big minus.
Other than that all was great an I am comig back deffinetly.

Room Tip: Rooms that are looking to square of Gundulić is excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Željka J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We have an arrangement that each New Year we will meet our friends from Shanghai somewhere in the world to celebrate. Last year Paris this year Dubrovnik in the old town. This wasn't our first choice of hotel but we were moved here when our first booking was changed due to refurbishment. And....were we lucky. A really lovely hotel. The rooms are very clean some with better views that others but overall no big issues. The staff were lovely and a mine of information. Although they have their own restaurant they are happy to recommend and book others. The location of the hotel is great for the Main St and for access to the wall. We spent New Year's Eve at the hotel with a fab meal followed by fireworks in the square. If you are looking for a bit of a luxury getaway in Dubronik you would sruggle to get better in the town.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the square offer the best views otherwise it's a sea of terracotta tiles!!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 22 January 2013

In my opinion this hotel has the best location in Dubrovnik, right in the heart of the city. We were a bit worried about our bags, since cars cannot enter the old city, but the hotel sent someone to help. It is a beautiful hotel, lovely rooms, and the best bathrooms I have ever seen. They use great toiletteries, have a great breakfast, and most of all the most helpful staff ever!
We were planning a day excursion and were very indecisive, we in general are not the easiest guest, but they were extremely patient and helpful. Would not try any other hotel next time I go back.
One thing, but I can never know for sure, I had a new perfume bottle disappear from my luggage. But I didn't find out until I got home, so it could very well have been taken at the airport after I checked it in.
Huge recommendation!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 25 December 2012

If you are looking for a quiet place and nice food, than climb the stairs up on the terrace of the hotel.
The food is excellent, staff also. Most of the times we visited the restaurant there was live music (lounge).
Save some space for their Chocolate Souffle.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Pucic, Guest Relations Manager at The Pucic Palace, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind coments. We are glad that you liked our Defne terrace and that you enjoyed your desert. We hope that there will be some more opportunities for you to visit Dubrovnik and our hotel. Until then receive our kindest regards.

Sydney
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed at Pucic Palace for 3 nights and loved everything - from welcoming friendly reception staff to my room overlooking the square! There was a bit of rain during my stay, but I loved to see people strolling even at 11.30 at night, some having photos taken alongside the statue, watching the market stall holders set up their tressle tables at 5.30am!

Room Tip: When booking, ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank janine58
Pucic, Guest Relations Manager at The Pucic Palace, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind coments on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you liked your stay in our hotel and that despite of the rain you enjoyed Dubrovnik throughout the whole day. I hope we will have an opportunity to see you again.

Kindest regards

Quality Manager & Guest Relations
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Absolutely loved it. Felt spoilt rotten, loved my attic suite with traditional furniture, lounge area and dressing room. The staff were the friendliest I met across the Dalmatian Coast. The location is just perfect and yet I personally had no issues with noise - possibly if you overlooked the square you might.

As a single traveller I got a great rate (comparatively speaking) and it was lovely to have a little luxury for the first two nights of my 9 day tour of the area. I only wished I'd had enough money left to spend my final night there, but instead came back directly via Split from the islands and instead had one last lingering glass of wine on the terrace in the afternoon before my flight back. Would definitely return. My singular tip - make use of the free access to the local beach - a real refuge from the cruise ship tourists late morning!

• Stayed October 2012
Pucic, Guest Relations Manager at The Pucic Palace, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind coments on Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in Dubrovnik and in our hotel. We would be happy to see you again in Pucic Palace in near future.

Kindest regards

Twin Cities, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We had a delightful two day stay in this lovely hotel which has been beautifully converted and nicely appointed. The rooms were immaculate and with lovely amenities. The staff couldn't have been more helpful in terms of getting things fixed (towel warmer) or confirming air reservations. The breakfast was a bit prosaic and not to the quality of the rooms--hence no fifth star. But if you wish to stay in the historic center, you couldn't do better.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Pucic, Guest Relations Manager at The Pucic Palace, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you loved your stay in Dubrovnik and that you have enjoyed destination to the fullest. We are definitely going to do a lot of effort to improve our service and quality at the breakfast and we hope that we will have another opportunity to meet you in our hotel.

Warmest regards,