Tirena Hotel
Neptun Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Royal Blue Hotel(Dubrovnik)
Hotel More(Dubrovnik)
View Hotel
All reviewstravel departmentthe busvalamar hotelsbabin kukstar hotelthe hotel shopvalamar groupbreakfast and dinnerpresident hotelold townhalf boardcava beachsmall shopping areapool areabuffet stylecopacabana beachthree star
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed here with jet 2 holiday .The hotel was great for 3 star, the food being better than many 4star hotels. The variety was amazing, at breakfast and dinner. All freshly cooked, and always replenished when empty. The room was 348 good size and very quiet to the back of hotel, it also had a balcony.
We went to montenegro on day trip and found this to be good. We visited Mostar, but felt it was a long trip and not much to see. We visited Cavtat, which is a must, we had a lovely day there. We got no5 bus from president hotel, then got off at chairlift and got on no10. We were there in 45 minutes. We walked along sea edge from back of president hotel right to the old town. We also walked to Gruz harbour. These are lovely walks and took abo ut 1hour 20 minutes. Plenty seats on the way. The Gruz harbour shopping i sgood too. We enjoyed our 2 days in at the old town. Plenty to see and do. Good ice cream shops, lots of craft stalls in square.. We loved our holiday, and would recommend it to others. We also visited the President Hotel for coffee, it was lovely too. The weather was 37-39 degrees we are now back to rain, and much cooler in scotland.

Room Tip: room 348 very quiet 2nd floor with balcony parkside
1  Thank perthmary
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for submitting your review of your recent stay at hotel Tirena. We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your vacation with us and that our food has exceeded your expectation. I see that you have managed to visit many places in and around Dubrovnik and that you have enjoyed your holiday to the very last minute.
I send you best regards from Tirena staff all the way to Scotland

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for a week on a b & b basis. We arrived a bit early but were checked-in straight away after a few phone calls. People on the desk were helpful. The hotel and indeed our room were spotlessly clean, the bathroom is great for a 3 star. Breakfast is excellent and the beds are comfortable with extra pillows which we needed. Babin Kuk is not realistically within walking distance of Old Town, especially in the recent hot weather. However the number 6 bus is very frequent but also very busy. The gardens and parklands surrounding are pretty and pleasant. The only thing stopping me giving this 5 out of 5 are that the pool bar was closed for the whole week, my wife was really looking forward to this :(. Also the Euro 2012 viewing TV/area was very small, so I decided to watch it on the big screens in the bars of Babin Kuk. However we thoroughly enjoyed the Tirena,Babin Kuk,Dubrovnik and Croatia. I would recommend this hotel.

2  Thank EastNewportonian
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Tirena for your recent stay in Dubrovnik. I am sending you a big thank you for complimenting us on our service, food quality and our overall pleasant environment. Unfortunately our pool bar was not open during your holiday however I truly hope that you will be our guest again in the future so you and your wife can enjoy those services as well. I hope that you got the chance to use our other pool /snack bar during your relaxation time on our pool and that you got the chance to try some of our food specialties that we offer.
Until next time, I am sending you best regards from Dubrovnik.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Back on 21st June 2012 from a 4-night break with 3 other couples. Complementary travel from the airport was arranged by Martina at Valamar reservations and the driver Mario was excellent. After a pleasant transfer we were checked in by Toni who was marvellous throughout our stay-he is a real benefit to the hotel. We had room 306 with a sea view and the cleanliness was good and the room comfortable. Breakfast breakfast was excellent with lots of choice of both hot and cold food and we sat in a small outside courtyard which was never busy-we could't understand why other people preferred to be inside.
We didn't eat dinner at the hotel but we were told by 2 of our group who stayed at the hotel one evening that the buffet was very good with lots of choice and an excellent red house wine that was very inexpensive. We had drinks at the hotel bar before going out at night and these were reasonable value.
The hotel swimming pool was clean and pleasant with the pool staff always willing to help to find beds and umbrellas which we needed because the weather was very hot and sunny

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are an extra cost but we thought it worthwhile
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank philWakefield
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us on tripadvisor website. I am very happy to see that you have liked and enjoyed your holiday with us and that you have liked the food as well. I am pleased to read that you got the chance to use our pool facilities as well and that our staff has fulfilled your relaxation with good service. I hope that you will visit Dubrovnik again, and that you will be our guest on that occasion. Until then I send you best regards from the entire Tirena staff, especially Toni who is sending you best wishes.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The Tirena hotel is situated on a penisular close to Dubrovnik Old Town. It is part of the Valamar hotel group that dominates the area. Guests of one hotel can use the facilities of the rest and charge back to their room etc.

Positives:

Located close to beaches, good facilities (good pool, tennis courts, local shops, a few good restuarants close by etc). Very convenient and cheap bus route into the old town. Local beaches great to watch the sun go down. Breakfast is good, a lot of choice, fresh fruit, pastries, cold meats, cheeses, bread, food cooked to order, e.g eggs as well as omletes and bacon etc. Very clean and good staff. Also good bathrooms.

Also if you drive, plenty of parking.

Negatives:

Rooms are basically furnished (but this is three star). Beds ok, but not super comfortable.

Key downsides, depending on your room, live music at night can be disturbing. It goes on until 11:30 ish, so not too late, but if you go to bed early request a room away from the bar area.

You have to commute into the Old Town.

Overall:

If the purpose of your stay is exploring the Old Town and surrounding islands, then stay at a hotel closer to the Old Town. If you have more time and want some beach/pool time then this is a good value choice.

Good for:
Families, couples, solo on mid budget.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the bar.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank GBHAXX
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you have liked our breakfast menu and that our level of service and cleanliness has met your overall expectation. I am sad to hear that our live entertainment has affected your overall review of our hotel. Hopefully you have left a few undiscovered areas of Dubrovnik for your second visit so we can welcome you again in hotel Tirena and of course in one of our rooms that is situated next to our Mediterranean olive and pine tree park.
Best regards

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed in the Hotel Tirena for 5 nights recently whilst attending a wedding in Dubrovnik. The hotel was spotless, the staff so friendly and ever so helpful. Especially the duty manager on the front desk. I had specific dietary requirements for the included breakfast which they accommodated without a problem. The location of the hotel and the grounds are just fabulous on the peninsula and I found it a very relaxing environment to stay in. Plenty of cosy eateries and secluded beaches nearby. I would definitely return here.

2  Thank Rachael A
Nenad M, General Manager at Tirena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Gear guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing hotel Tirena for your vacation. I am happy to read that you have had a wonderful time whilst attending a wedding in Dubrovnik, and that you have found our location to be relaxing and peaceful. I hope that you will be our guest in the future and please feel free to contact me if you are in a need of any booking assistance at that time.
Best regards from the entire Tirena staff