I'm writing this from the hotel lobby waiting for our transfer to the airport, at the end of two weeks at the Tirena: we picked this hotel from the Trip Advisor reviews. The first thing we noticed on TA was that the hotel management had responded to almost every comment on here. Good effort!
The staff here are excellent. I hope on reading this the hotel management take time to pass on our thanks to the following exceptional staff from the bar and restaurant: Anel, Sima, Bozena and Nikoletta.
Things to say about this hotel in no particular order:
- The hotel has free (fast and reliable) wireless in the lobby, bar, terrace and dining areas. We also could access it from our room (355) which was fantastic.
- The room is fine. Air conditioned, bath, shower, tv, plenty of hot water.
- No. 6 bus goes from outside hotel to Old Town every 20 minutes. (don't get on No. 7 by mistake!) Top tip - buy a 7 Day Dubrovnik Card which included 20 bus rides.
- Couple of beaches close by: Copacabana and quieter Cava beach.
- Pool is fine.
- Breakfast is excellent - big choice, grill, continental, fruit etc.
- Dinner buffet (we were on half board) was great. Every night had wide range of salads, pasta, pizza, meat, mixed grill, seafood, soups and desserts. Good variety. There are no complimentary drinks with dinner, not even coffee or water. This is mentioned often in TA reviews: management should consider addressing this. Coffee and tea is available at breakfast.
- The hotel is part of a group of hotels close by, which have facilties that guests can share- we didn't but heard good reviews of the kids pool and spa.
- Bar is fine (not expensive, either) we spent most nights at the hotel (entertainment quality is 'varied')
- We had two small issues with our room, tiny problems fixed immediately. Can't ask for more.
- If you look for it, there is a nice walk from Copacabana beach sling a path the new harbour, then, if you follow your nose (or a map) to Lapad beach you can walk back on the other side of Babin Kuk to Hotel Neptun and back to Tirena. Nice walk.
If you are thinking of Dubrovnik as a holiday - try it. It's beautiful here. Very lovely country, very friendly. As recommended above: get a Dubrovnik Card and see the sights.
If you are thinking of staying at Tirena: do it. You won't find much better at this price. Friendly, clean and nicely located outside the really busy bits of town.
Read the reviews. See what you're getting here so you know what to expect. We weren't disappointed. Definitely recommended. Thank you Tirena.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quiet haven close to the vibrant historic centre of Dubrovnik Located in the quiet natural surroundings of the Babin Kuk peninsula, the Tirena Hotel is ideal for a relaxing holiday close to the vibrant historic centre of Dubrovnik. Enjoy sunbathing next to the spacious outdoor pool or on the nearby Dubrovnik beaches. Taste traditional Dalmatian dishes and watch your meal being prepared right in front of you in the hotel's buffet restaurant. Explore the historic centre of Dubrovnik and then take a boat to the idyllic islands in South Dalmatia. For an even more fulfilling holiday, there are excellent entertainment programmes, a variety of sporting activities, and luxurious wellness centres that you can use in the nearby Valamar hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tirena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tirena Dubrovnik