Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a group tour. The rooms are adequate and clean, as is the bathroom. The hotel restaurant serves OK food, but lots of tour groups stay here, so get to breakfast early! Otherwise, all the good food runs out and they're slow to refill/replace what's gone.
The staff at the front desk aren't friendly and seemed annoyed by my questions; however, the young lady at the concierge was very helpful and friendly.
Why wouldn't I stay here again? Lots of reasons.
1) The hotel is very far from the old historic center of Dubrovnik. It's a 15 minute bus ride (make sure to pre-purchase your tickets in the hotel's gift shop).
2) It's a long walk uphill to get to the nearest bus stop.
3) There is lots of construction in the adjacent property (new hotel) and consequently...
4) The hotel pool is out of service, so guests have to go to the pools at the other properties, which is about a 5 minute walk.
5) The beach is a pebble beach and it's a 10 minute (steep) downhill walk and it's not even on the Adriatic, it's some channel that leads to the Adriatic.
6) The hotel advertises a gym, but the facilities are at another adjacent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quiet haven close to the vibrant historic centre of Dubrovnik Located in the quiet natural surroundings of the Babin Kuk peninsula, the Tirena Hotel is ideal for a relaxing holiday close to the vibrant historic centre of Dubrovnik. Enjoy sunbathing next to the spacious outdoor pool or on the nearby Dubrovnik beaches. Taste traditional Dalmatian dishes and watch your meal being prepared right in front of you in the hotel's buffet restaurant. Explore the historic centre of Dubrovnik and then take a boat to the idyllic islands in South Dalmatia. For an even more fulfilling holiday, there are excellent entertainment programmes, a variety of sporting activities, and luxurious wellness centres that you can use in the nearby Valamar hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tirena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tirena Dubrovnik