“Great tour on a great boat!”
Review of Elafiti Islands

US$46.75*
Three Islands Boat Tour - Fish Picnic from Dubrovnik
Ranked #25 of 177 things to do in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked online with Dubrovnik-boat.com and avoided choosing between the many people on the streets who sell tours to the three islands. I would highly recommend this company, which appeared to be a family concern, and especially the M/V Ribica, skippered by an affable guy called Sojon (spelling's probably wrong). It's true you don't get long on the islands, but we had enough time to swim from all three. Kolocep was first, which I really liked, Sipan was second which didn't appeal so much. However, while moored off Sipan we had a gorgeous picnic. There was a choice between fish, vegetarian or meat meals, but I think just about everyone went for the fish. It was beautifully and simply prepared and was served with a choice of alcoholic or soft drinks. These were also offered throughout our trip. We were also serenaded by our captain which was a lovely touch. As we left Sipan, he whistled for the seagulls who swooped in to take the remains of our fish lunches from a plate he held out over the waves.
Finally, we came to Lopud. A heavenly island (in my opinion) with gorgeous views, sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, a fantastic ice cream and cake shop and more than enough time for another swim. It was a day I know we'll never forget - and for all the right reasons!

5  Thank BubblyJubbly

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We booked the three island cruise at the touriststand at the harbour near hotel Lapad. The tourist guide showed us the program and gave us a price and promised free drinks, comfortable pillows on the boat and plenty of time on the islands. We ordered, because it seemed perfect.

Well, we was wrong. But I think we were very unlucky with the boat we was on. Stay away from the boat with the rather large gentleman wearing "sailor clothes". He was the one that ruined our trip. The boat was very small and there was no guiding as we went. The man in the sailor clothes was very loud and "too much". He didn't have any sense of tourism in him. The so-called "free drinks, as much as you want" was limited down to beer, sour wine in water bottles, and some soda, as well as water. And the "sailor" insisted on pouring it up for you, so if you tried for yourself, the cup and bottle was ripped from your hands, whilst he was claiming "don't have time". there was also said to be toilets on the boats, but not on the boat we where on.

the visit on the islands was way to short. We were on the island Lopud first, and on the orientation with the tourist guide it said about 4 hours or so. I think we where there 1,5 hours. No time to do anything.... On the next island, Sipan, we had dinner. Me and my family got lost, but was found by the captains grandson. We were taken behind the main "city" and ate dinner in a private area. We had ordered chicken as food, but we got a lot more than that.

First, a soup with minestrone pasta, then mussles, a light salad, and at the end the course we had ordered. Everything was good. It was wine on the tables and much cozier than on the boat. After some time they started cleaning the tables and dessert was served. it was little pastries like Berliner without any filling and very small. It was tasty. The captain then entertained with terrible accordion. It was so bad we all laughed and the atmosphere was much better.

on the last island there was also too little time... and we where glad to finally get of the boat and go home.

I recommend this trip, but try to find some other boat...

3  Thank holbergjohansen
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We took a boat excursion with Amaris I tours to visit Elaphite islands. We had time on each island. Lopud is the most beautiful, we had lunch there in Peggy's Restaurant, a family run and we had grilled fish, we also visited monastery and garden, later Tony, our captain, gave us snorkeling gear and we went on a beach.
The crew was helpful and very nice, we've traveld in small group, not more then 16 so they talk to all of us, they were great host

1  Thank barbyabbott
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I really did not enjoy my trip to the Elafiti Islands today. Our original plan was to get the 10 am ferry from Gruz harbour to Lopud. When we arrived we were informed at the travel centre that it was in fact a bank holiday and that the boat was actually at 11:45. They told us about an excursion with the Adriana that was leaving that minute to all three islands with 2-3 hours on Lopud. We decided to go for this as lunch was included in the price of 250kn and we could get going straight away, see other places and still have lots of time on Lopud.

At the travel centre they FAILED to mention that the boat actually went to the Old City first to pick up more people (too many for the boat) and this would add at least an hour onto the journey time. I dislike boats and had I known this I would have waited for the later direct boat.

The first island, Kolocep had beautiful water that looked amazing for swimming but having only 30 mins off the boat there was no way we would have time. We were then herded back onto the boat for lunch where there was not enough space for everyone. The fish and cabbage was ok. After this there was another pointless 30 mins stop at Sipan which was quite pretty but nothing to write home about. Finally we got to Lopud where we only had EXACTLY 2 hours. This is not enough time when the main beach was a good 20 mins journey away (worth getting a lift on a cart for 10 kn pp). So basically we had an hour on the beach in Lopud. Had we waited for the ferry at 11:45 we would have had 4 hours on Lopud. Lopud it's self is ok but so so busy and sand covered in fag ends.

We finished the day with an extended boat trip back to the Old City rather than the much closer harbour feeling bored and sea sick.

I think the tours take you to the popular tourist traps places that are busy and not so great. People who hired private boats for the day seemed to have a better time by dictating the day they want. I don't know how the price compares for private hires but we paid 750 kn in total for 3 people for a second rate trip.

2  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

There are loads of people selling these trips. There are a cheap and fun way to see three islands in a day. The food is awful, and the reps promise you free beer, wine and soft drinks, in fact the truth is limited soft drinks and a vile watered down white wine.

1  Thank Heather T