The Hilton Imperial is conveniently located very close to the Pile Gate on the edge of Dubrovnik old town. The hotel is literally 2 minutes walk from the gate. The tourist information office as well as the local bus stop are all located here. A bus from the airport to this location costs about 35 kn (Croatian Kuna). A taxi costs about 210 kn.
The hotel itself has 4 floors above ground with two lower levels containing the restaurant, gym and fitness area, sauna and swimming pool. At the front of the hotel the rooms have a balcony, these are the executive rooms and have views over the Adriatic. One of my friends had an executive room. I had a standard guest room.
The executive room and the standard room are both the same size but the executive room has large patio windows, access to the balcony plus a few additional perks which are worth paying the extra for.
The standard room I stayed in was well appointed with a large king sized bed. There was plenty of storage space. Opposite the bed there was a large storage cabinet that contained the fully stocked minibar, a safety desposit box and additional storage. There was a desk area with chair. Another seperate comfortable chair. Facilities in the room included an Iron, ironing board and hairdryer. The bathroom had a marble suite, clean white bathroom furniture, a bath with overhead shower.
The one outstanding feature of this hotel are the high levels of service throughout. All staff are courteous and helpful. During my stay I had a problem with the safety deposit box and after a call to reception someone came to my room within 2 minutes to help me. The staff at reception also gave excellent advice about places to eat and places to visit.
The hotel restaurant is called the Porat restaurant. I only visited the restaurant for breakfast. The restaurant is bright and airy with large glass windows The breakfast buffet was excellent with a large selection of hot and cold breakfast items. Breakfast was included in the price I paid for my room. I'd say that the prices for lunch or evening meal at the restaurant are quite high when compared to the prices in surrounding restaurants.
I would also say that prices in general for any sundry items within the hotel are quite high. A 750ml bottled water in the hotel costs 36 kn and across the road in the local shop it costs about 7 kn for a 2 litre bottle. Parking in the hotel car park is also quite pricey. Of course, you can expect to pay a little bit more for a premium service of having good quality food delivered to your room or through access to the minibar but there are also other options available in the vacinity if you want them. It isn't a case that you are captive audience here.
Whilst staying at the hotel I was lucky enough to have access to the Executive Lounge which is located on the 4th floor. The lounge serves complimentary drinks and snacks and has it's own balcony. There is comfortable seating and a large screen television. There is also wireless Internet access in the lounge. Marijana who worked in the lounge was friendly and welcoming.
This hotel is an excellent hotel and I really enjoyed staying here. I don't get to stay in hotels like this very often, it was a treat. I would definately recommend this hotel. If you can, pay a little extra for the executive room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik's historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Executive Lounge on the third floor with terrace - spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton