“Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik”

Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I traveled to Dubrovnik in October. The cruise ship crowds were waning and the weather was changing but mostly comfortable, so this is good time to go. Our room was very comfortable and had a view of the old city. The hotel breakfasts offered a variety of items; those I tried were very tasty. Probably because of the late season, we got a discounted executive room. We enjoyed access to the 4th floor lounge for afternoon snacks and beverages and evening cocktails. The location was within a block of one of the old city gates. Try the indoor pool downstairs for a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Upper rooms on the south side may have a view of the old city.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting others know of your experience at the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik.

Acknowledgements such as yours are of great motivation to us. It is indeed a pleasure for me to note that you enjoyed the Hilton Imperial experience.

I look forward to welcominig you back in the near furure.

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik

Write a ReviewReviews (3,190)

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I went to this hotel for our honeymoon a couple weeks ago and had a fantastic time. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, the staff did everything they could to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We were upgraded to a suite level room (which is not that abnormal for me since I am a Hilton Diamond member) and a small issue we had with the heating system was quickly and satisfactorily resolved by the engineering staff. The only critique I have of the hotel is that the executive lounge food options leave something to be desired and some of the snacks that were offered were clearly stale. That didn't overshadow the rest of the visit and we would certainly return here and would recommend anyone to stay here.

The other great aspect to this hotel is its proximity to the all the major sites in Dubrovnik. Over the course of 3 days we were able to walk to almost all of the attractions that you would want to see in the city.

Room Tip: Request a room on the water side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Imperial and for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to read that overall you enjoyed your Hilton Imperial experience and that you appreciated the hotel facilities and the service as well as it's proximity to the Dubrovnik Old City sites. Rest assured I have shared your coment about the food at the Executive Lounge with our Chef as to make improvements in those areas needed.
Thank you for complimenting the hotel location and for recommending it. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

If you want to stay in a first class, stylish hotel within a few yards of the Old City, then the Hilton Imperial is for you. Stayed for three nights in an upgraded, spacious, beautifully decorated, well equipped, sea view room. Excellent room service. Attentive, polite, helpful but unintrusive staff who were always smiling and willing to offer advice and guidance on restaurants etc. Breakfast was taken in the conservatory area with an excellent selection of food and drink. The fresh orange was superb. We had access to the executive lounge which offered free drinks and snacks until late at night. The pool and fitness facilities were also clean, inviting and very welcoming. I would certainly recommend this hotel and would seek it out were we to return to Dubrovnik.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik. It was a pleasure for me to read that you were very happy with our accommodation, facilities and friendly staff. Once again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I recently stayed at the Imperial for 2 nights and could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience. Upon check-in, the staff warmly welcomed us and provided an upgrade to an executive level room overlooing the Old Town. The room and amenities were top notch, as was the evening draw-down service. The staff in the Executive Lounge were incredibly hospitable. The pool and spa were a terrific place to wind down after a full day of exploring the Old Town and its beautiful sites (including a day trip to Lokrum). Thank you and I look forward to returning to the Imperial during my next Croatian excursion!

Room Tip: Higher floors for better views!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

It isa pleasure to read that our team managed to show what Hospitality means to us. We are very proud that we managed to meet your expectations! Thank you for complimenting the hotel location, our Executive Lounge along with other hotel facilities and the service and for recommending it.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

With a group of colleagues and ex colleagues , we spent 5 nights in this hotel in Dubrovnik. The location could not be a better one as it takes only a couple of minutes to walk into the old and magnificent town of Dubrovnik. The rooms are very comfortable, the staff is very friendly and the service is excellent while the "cuisine" is very good indeed. I have some special culinary requirements and the chef took care of them in the most satisfactory way. Unfortunately our program was so loaded that I did not have the opportunity to take advantage of the spa, the health center and the pool but some of my colleagues did and appreciated them very much.
So, if you decide to visit Dubrovnik, this is the place to stay!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel in Dubrovnik. It really lives upto its reputation. The locations just outside the old town is fantastic. The standard room we had was beautifully appointed and spacious. Breakfast was really good with such a variety of food to choose from. We also ate in the restaurant one evening on a special half board rate and had an excellent meal, beautifully served and absolutely delicious. The staff were charming and couldn't do enough for us. A really lovely place to stay. Gill O

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback.

I’m pleased you were extremely satisfied with accommodation and our friendly staff. Thank you for complimenting our restaurant Porat - I am trully pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant experience. I am also delighted to hear that our friendly team was able to met your expectations and make a difference in your stay.

Thank you very much for finding time to write this review and I sincerely hope we will see you soon again in the Hilton Imperial.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

The hotel is perfectly located next to the main entrance of the old city.... I would highly recommend this hotel to someone who wants to stay close to the downtown area and wants to stay in a nice Hilton hotel.... I would also recommend the pool and the sauna rooms, they were fantastic after a long day walking around the old town.

The only downside i could note is that the rooms do not have wifi which is crazy considering most of the cheaper hotels i stayed at during my vacations had wifi in the rooms....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jamescasonjr

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik experience on the TripAdvisor.

All guest feedback is extremely important to us, as it is only through our guests’ feedback that we are able to assess and continuously improve the service standards, which we strive to achieve.

I was delighted to read that you were overall satisfied with the services and facilities offered at the Hotel and rest assured that I will share your feedback with my Management team.

I was sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with the Internet access and Internet charges, but since we are working with an outside provider we unfortunately having to charge the end consumer. We are in process of revising our Internet service and I can already inform you that by the end of the year wireless Internet access in public areas will be complimentary

Once again thank you for your feedback and we very much look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik in the near future.