“An excellent stay”

Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
London
“An excellent stay”
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

We booked our trip using airmiles, so I can't comment on the value for money element, however, this hotel lives up to its five star rating. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

The hotel is perfectly located for exploring the Old Town and is easily reached from the airport (about 30mins away) using the airport shuttle coach, which drops you off almost directly opposite the hotel.

The hotel is very well maintained and decorated in inviting colours inside. It's up a small hill so the views are brilliant. There is a spa and pool but we did not use these. We did however dine in the restaurant and the food was very good, with an interesting menu. We also had drinks in the bar and the prices were reasonably good for a hotel. We sat on the balcony enjoying a cocktail and watching the sunset - perfect.

The staff were always friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. We had a bulb blow on the bedside table lamp and when this was reported it was promptly fixed, which we appreciated.

The rooms are well appointed with those extra details I enjoy, such as a safe and a bathrobe, TV with some English channels and a full length mirror. We didn't find the beds too comfortable, they were a bit firm for our liking but comfortable enough. The bathroom was large and well lit and a good selection of toiletries was provided.

If you're willing to spend the money for a luxurious stay in Dubrovnik, I'd certainly recommend this hotel. It completely enhanced our enjoyment of this wonderful city.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Deeniebobeenie
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read rgar you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m pleased that you were extremely satisfied with our location, food and service in particular. Acknowledgements such as yours are of great motivation to us.

Thank you for finding time to write this review and I sincerely hope we will see you soon again at the Hilton Imperial .

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed in two rooms as a family of five. Both rooms (exec) were very good in terms of size, layout, decor, etc - just that the view wasnt quite as expected because the whole reason for paying extra for the exec-rate was almost entirely for the view. We had rooms 126 and 226 - one directly above the other - again, as a family we would have preferred adjoining rooms.

Location is literally 50m from the main gate to the Old City (Pile Gate) - you just cannot get any closer. Views from the balcony on at the Exec Lounge (4th floor) are breathtaking. Spa and swimming pool are very good. Breakfast was very good too - wide choice and good service.

Overall, excellent service from very helpful and friendly staff; beautiful building with old-world charm yet modern facilities and of course the superb location is the clincher.

Room Tip: Rooms/suites on 4th Floor will offer spectacular views (sea, Old City and mountainous backdrop)
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ZHAT
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and I’m pleased that you were extremely satisfied with our location and service in particular.

You will of course therefore understand my sincere disappointment when I read that your enjoyment was somewhat hampered by lack of view and room allocation. I would like to clarify that being a historic building, we have a score of room categories out of which 2 that are within the Executive category offer sea & city view - those are Executive Plus rooms and Deluxe Suite Plus.

All guest feedback is extremely important to us, as it is only through constructive criticism that we are able to assess and improve the service standards we strive to achieve. So thank you very much for your sincere feedback - it is truly motivating and is greatly appreciated.

I trust that you will award us the pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Imperial in the near future.

Hiton Imperial Dubrovnik
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed for 3 nights, 1st-4th Nov 12. This hotel is ideally situated nr the Pile gate entrance to the fortified old town ,also only a 20 min stroll to the main port area, the bus stop is maybe 100m away. The staff were all helpful and friendly, it has some stunning rooms with views, breakfast brilliant ( apart from the chicken sausage ! ). Dinner excellent, nice bar facility and comfy beds , what else do you need ? I would recommend this hotel to everyone and would not hesitate to use it again

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to receive your kind comments. It was a pleasure for me to read that you were very happy with our location and helpful and friendly staff. Thank you for complimenting meals in our Porat restaurant - our Chef was delighted to read how much you enjoyed his food. I am thrilled that overall, we met your expectations.

It is very kind of you to recomend our hotel to other tripAdvisor visitors. I shall look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed here with our 2 very young children for 3 nights during half term. It is a beautiful hotel. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. We had 2 cots in ours and still plenty of space.

Breakfast is good and you can eat out on the terrace.

Every single member of Staff was very helpful.

The liavtipn is fantastic. Literally across the street from pile gate.

Negatives are the lack of wi fi. For a 5 star hotel this is poor. It should be there and should be free.

Restaurant was pricey for lunch Anderton what I could see was same menu for dinner.

• Stayed October 2012
RuhsarE, General Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and I’m pleased you were extremely satisfied with our location, friendly staff and room quality.

I regret that you were disappointed with internet connection and charges. At this moment we are in process of upgrading our internet connection into wireless throughout the hotel which will be free of charge in the public areas as of early next year.

Our Porat restaurant offers A la Carte meals only with a selection of dishes suitable for both lunch and dinner time. We also offer Hilton signature menus as well as in room dining option for cosy meals from the room service menu.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the future to experience this yourself. Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Imperial

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Spent a week there in early October. Weather was nice so my wife and I decided to give ourselves a week in Dubrovnik. Our Favorite VILLA DUBROVNIK was fully booked so we thought HILTON would be a safe choice. What a negative surprise and a bad experince it was.
Check-in at the reception desk was slow and with a lot of language (English) problems.
The room was not ready (17:00pm) and we had to wait in the lobby bar for 45 minutes. No excuse and no welcome drink or anything alike to improve our bad mood.
Finally when the room was ready, we had to take our lugagge by ourselves, as there was nobody arround.
The next morning, early wake up call, although we never asked for it!
Another mistake we made was our decision to have a dinner in the hotel restaurant. To cut a long story short - worse then in the average Dubrovnik restaurant, but expensive like they own a Michellin star.
And sugar comes at the end - check-out was worse then check in - slow, lots of mistakes in the bill and they forgot to call the cab to take us to the aiport, so we almost missed our plane.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dilondvik
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

We endeavor great efforts to ensure high guest satisfaction. You will of course therefore understand my sincere disappointment when I discovered that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. All guest feedback is extremely important to us, as it is only through constructive criticism that we are able to assess and continuously improve the service standards, which we strive to achieve. Rest assured I have shared your coments with my Management team who is currently looking into all matters raised in your feedback. In the meantime, please do not hesiatte to contact me direct for any supplementary information you may wish to add.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments. I trust that we shall have the opportunity to welcome you back and a chance to restore your faith in our product and services.

Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week. It was fabulous. It I swell worth paying for an executive room with access to the executive lounge. The food was terrific in the restaurant and the executive lounge. The hotel is really close to the old city.

Room Tip: Pay extra and have an executive room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Iit is indeed a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we managed to meet your expectations.

I look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to the hilton Imperial during your next visit to Dubrovnik.

Cumbria
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We found the hotel excellent,staff very helpful and friendly.Breakfast very good and we even sat outside one morning,not bad for November.Leisure facilities good,bar prices reasonable.We had room 321 which was good quality with nice toiletries,robes and slippers supplied.Hotel is situated right next to old town,we ate in the old town each night and would recommend Domino Steakhouse restaurant.Shuttle bus from airport was 35 Kuna each and stops at Pile Gate which is just a few yards from the Hilton.Catch shuttle bus back to airport from outside cable car or take taxi which costs 250 Kuna.Town very quiet at this time of year so no problems getting a seat at any of the various cafes/restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for letting others know of your nice experience at the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik. I am delighted to hear that you were overall satisfied with all aspects of our hotel features and services. I’m pleased you were extremely satisfied with our location, which indeed is hard to beat being mare 150 metres away from the historic Dubrovnik Old City and key sights.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.