“Can't say enough nice things about this hotel”

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hilton hotels are always dependable choices with comfortable beds and nicely decorated rooms but it was the service at this one that made it exceptional. From the driver who met us at the airport to the waiters in the restaurant at breakfast, everyone was friendly and helpful. The most impressive part was that the front desk staff happened to notice on my passport that it was my birthday and sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room.

Our room had a balcony with a magnificent view of the old city and the Adriatic Sea. The hotel is just outside the Pile Gate to the old city and so was an easy stroll to all of the sights. The hotel staff were also able to arrange a private driver to take us on a tour to Mostar, Bosnia.

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade to an executive room, the views from the balconies are spectacular!
1  Thank Jenn_in_Belgium
Krishanta D, Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking your valuable time to complete the review on TripAdvisor,
We were delighted to read that you were satisfied with the services and facilities offered at the Hotel and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting us for your stay in Dubrovnik .

Once again we thank you for your review and we look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik in the near future

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel is located next to the old city. My family and I stayed in the executive room. At night, you can go outside the balcony of your room and mesmerize the view of the old city walls. Hands down Hilton Imperial has the friendliest staff I've ever seen in my tour of Europe. The breakfast was excellent. Great selections of cheese, fruits, pastries, and eggs. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Let me say “ Thank You” for your review,
We were delighted to read your review and very pleased to noted that your experience with us was an exceptional one.
Guest reviews of this nature will definitely motivate & help the team to achieve higher standards, which will in turn enhance the guest experience.
Once again we thank you for the opportunity given to us to serve you and would love to welcome you back to imperial in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I love the city of Dubrovnik. For many years it has been my the favourite place to go to for vacation. Now, when you combine nice memories while you stay at the hotel like Hilton Imperial, the pleasure is complete.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking your valuable time to complete the review on TripAdvisor,
Whilst apologizing for the inconvenience, please be informed that, we have noted your constructive feedback and areas mentioned will be rectified in due course.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Arriving on off season, I was upgraded to an executive room, just because...Staff and the service was phenomenal; very comfy rooms, delicious and very rich breakfast; location can not be beat; it wasn't expensive due to the season, and was worth every penny.The only issues was the non-working internet/wi-fi in the whole facility (they were having problems which was not fixed during the 5 days I stayed, but oh welll)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in November (at the start of the off-season). It is very conveniently located next to the old city in a beautiful building, and the staff is very friendly and professional. Overall we are easy travelers to please and just require a clean and comfortable room, so the experience certainly met our "needs". We did have some continual issues with the water temperature in our shower and were bummed about the limited TV channels that were working, but this certainly did not ruin the experience. Compared to other luxury properties where I've stayed (or have seen) in the world, I don't think I would classify the property as being 5 stars - just considering some smaller things I noticed like the outdated bathroom in our room and the fact that there weren't any perks like fresh water stations for guests in the lobby or common public areas. (However, it is probably upscale compared to others in the city.) Overall we would give this property a rating of "Good" and would only stay here again if offered another discounted rate.

Room Tip: We booked a first floor King room at a discounted rate, so naturally we did not have one of the more...
1  Thank Heidi S
Krishanta D, Manager at Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,
I take this opportunity to say “ Thank You” for an excellent review.
We are pleased to hear that, we lived up to your desired expectations and you walked away with pleasant memories of your holiday in Dubrovnik.
Whilst humbly accepting your compliments, we would like to thank you for the constructive feedback given, which in turn will immensely assist us to improve the guest experience in the future.
We would look forward to well come you back to Hilton Imperial in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in November (at the start of the off-season). It is very conveniently located next to the old city in a beautiful building, and the staff is very friendly and professional. Overall we are easy travelers to please and just require a clean and comfortable room, so the experience certainly met our "needs". We did have some continual issues with the water temperature in our shower and were bummed about the limited TV channels that were working, but this certainly did not ruin the experience. Compared to other luxury properties where I've stayed (or have seen) in the world, I don't think I would classify the property as being 5 stars - just considering some smaller things I noticed like the outdated bathroom in our room and the fact that there weren't any perks like fresh water stations for guests in the lobby or common public areas. (However, it is probably upscale compared to others in the city.) Overall we would give this property a rating of "Good" and would only stay here again if offered another highly discounted rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I love this property and the staff. I walked into this property with about ten problems and Ivana and Antonio solved them all for me. The location is simply the best in town for visiting the old city. The rooms are very nice and many have fantastic views to the Old City. Breakfast is very nice and there is some wonderful dining space outside. I left a very valuable set of Rosary Beads at a grotto that I visited on the way. Ivana not only found the beads but had them shipped to the hotel for me. The swimming pool is beyond wonderful and the entire hotel is staffed by first rate people. I really believe that no other hotel in town could deliver like this property.

Dougthelebaneseguy

Room Tip: I think you want a room on the front so you can see the old city
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo