On arrival in Dubrovnik, we took the bus from the airport to just outside the hotel (very friendly man who sold us tickets told us it would be the second stop which was helpful). The hotel looked impressive from the outside when we got there, and it literally is a few minute's walk into the old town's main street.
At check in, we were greeted by a lovely member of staff called Vlatko. We were given a complimentary room upgrade as we are Hilton Honors card holders. Obviously, they were able to do so as it is low season (I am wary of raising expectations as I have been on the receiving end of upset customers who haven't been upgraded just because they feel they should have been!). We had nice big rooms, with balconies looking out onto the town and the sea. The bathrooms are a bit on the small side but they have everything you need. On the first morning, we found a bit of a leak and called reception for help. Within 5 minutes, someone came to fix the issue.
Every single member of staff (except for one bar staff who was not unfriendly, just not as warm as the others) was welcoming, friendly and clearly wanted to make sure we were happy. Some of the ones who deserve a special mention are: Vlatko, mentioned above; Stejpan at reception who gave us good recommendations for veggie friendly restaurants and provided us with general advice about Dubrovnik; Igor who served us dinner, and above all, Dragana who served us breakfast most mornings. She really touched us with her warmth and friendliness, and her strong work ethic.
We had dinner in the hotel on our last evening, and it was some of the best food we had during our stay. It wasn't cheap, but given how expensive eating out is in Dubrovnik, it was certainly value for money. The beef carpaccio was melt in the mouth tender, and the potato gnocchi was delicious.
I appreciate that there are hotels which show their five star rating more obviously than this hotel in terms of facilities, but this hotel most certainly deserves a five star rating for its impeccable, service-focused staff.
We loved our stay in this hotel and we will definitely be back for another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik's historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Executive Lounge on the third floor with terrace - spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton