Rarely has a hotel enjoyed a more perfect location. We only saw one or two hotels inside Dubrovnik Old Town... this hotel is located just 30 seconds outside the entrance to the Old Town, literally less than a minute away from the hussle and bustle of the crowds.
It's an impressive hotel to arrive to. A well maintained, regal looking building. Check in was great and there were no language barrier issues. I am a Hilton Gold member and the upgrade was already processed. We received an Executive room.
The room was superb, VERY high ceilings, a desk and a chair with a footstool. The bed was massive and the room was as I'd seen on the website. Tasteful, refined and very clean. There were even a few fresh pastries on the table to snack on!
The bathroom was huge, perhaps a little dated if I am being very critical but it oddly worked with the rest of the room and was very clean. The complimentary supplies were fully restocked every day which I really appreciated. I think its very cheap when hotels don't replace the teeny tiny supplies.
I have to write about the food at this hotel. The breakfast served downstairs is probably the best breakfast we've ever had in a hotel. There was just endless choice, fruit, cereals, breads, juices, hot items like eggs, bacon, sausages, even eastern breakfast options and rice / noodles etc. There was a fresh omelette / egg station also. Finally, you could order french toast, waffles or pancakes, also cooked fresh to order.
The food and drink in the evening in the Executive Lounge was absolutely superb. For a few hours in the evening there was a great selection of food, wine and spirits. The food included a few hot choices and a good selection of small bites, breads, fruits, nuts, and meats. There is also a coffee machine. We were very impressed by the quality and variety of food and drink in the lounge and even managed to get a table on the small outside terrace.
The front desk staff and concierge were fantastic. They arranged restaurants for us and even printed off ferry timetables.
The pool is small and the gym is used by locals so was a bit busy, but that was not a problem for us. The steam room was lovely and the changing rooms were spotless.
The final great aspect of this hotel is that there is a hire care rental desk actually IN the hotel which is clearly incredibly convenient. The chain is Sixt and we had a good experience with them even if there were not quite the cheapest in town. The convenience of walking downstairs and having the car waiting outside was fantastic.
Overall, this is an absolutely superb hotel and from what I saw of Dubrovnik it is the best hotel in the city. We would return without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik's historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Executive Lounge on the third floor with terrace - spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton