On our trip through Croatia, we stayed three nights in the Hilton Imperial in Dubrovnik. We chose it because of the reviews at Tripadvisor and its excellent location next to the main gate of the old city.
The moment you enter the hotel, you know that you are in for something special. What really made the difference for us was the excellent true personal service of front desk staff but also the staff in the restaurant: they did their utmost best to make the stay as pleasant as possible by coming up: from parking the car in the garage by the bell boy to treats at breakfast for our daughter. For us that’s what five star really mean.
The rooms (we stayed in the main “old” building, the hotel has different sections, we liked the old building best) are terrific with high ceilings and a luxurious atmosphere). The indoor pool was nice. It is a relatively deep pool, so when you have children that cannot swim yet, take something with you for them to float on. With the high temperatures outside it was actually nicer to swim inside than outside.
Breakfast was nice and you could get made to order dishes like Belgian waffles included in the rate. One night we had the Dalmatian buffet for dinner which is a great way to sample different Dalmatian foods.
Dubrovnik itself is really a world class experience and a must see when you are visiting Croatia. It is great that after a three minute walk you can enter the main gate. We really liked walking the wall but if it is hot, go early in the morning. At night the atmosphere is very lively and it is great to be able to be so close to all the action.
If we ever return to Dubrovnik, we will definitely stay at the Hilton again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik's historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Executive Lounge on the third floor with terrace - spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton